twofake

which dealer is recommended to buy a repalcement movement

twofake

I have (or had) a great IWC Tribute to Calypso Cousteau divers Aquatimer chronograph with seconds at 9 , day and date at 3, stopwatch hours to 12 hours at 6 and stopwatch minutes to 30 at 12.

I did some MODs to my pride and joy including a full Lume and making the seconds hand stand out with reflective fluoro  orange safety tape and sealed all buttons . The watch was water tested using my genuine Bergeon watch water resistance tester and all was good for swimming etc. I would often take her into pools etc. We went away on an anniversay weekend and after a qucik swim in a pool I noticed fogging of the glass. OMG where was my watch back remover???

The hotel lost a fork from their cutlery department soon after and that became my watch back removal tool!

She was opened but alas she died and has no heart beat.

I want a new movement . Which dealer can I get one from please?

Sad face

mysterio

Movements aren't readily available from any TD and you would have to ask them if they can source you one from the factory.

twofake
51 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Movements aren't readily available from any TD and you would have to ask them if they can source you one from the factory.

Thanks. So do i have to find which TD sold the watch originally as i bought it M2M?

Does anyone know who sells or used t o sell this particular watch ?

tommy_boy

LOL.

psantos1091

Puretime said she could source them but she said I had to buy a watch first.  Maybe you could try that or ask fat panda to see if he can get you one if you get a watch from him.. 

Good enough reason for a new watch anyways..

Mary Watch

if u want it, i can help to source one for u. now it can be available from a movement shop, no need to buy it from watch factory. so this is easy now.

SliceMaster
1 hour ago, Mary Watch said:

if u want it, i can help to source one for u. now it can be available from a movement shop, no need to buy it from watch factory. so this is easy now.

Mary always tries to help us out she is the BEST!!!

twofake
13 hours ago, Mary Watch said:

Yes please, let me know what you find. I heard that you are the best (11 hours ago).

Left Coast Guy

I buy mine from e-factory, good prices

GenTLe
20 hours ago, twofake said:

I have (or had) a great IWC Tribute to Calypso Cousteau divers Aquatimer chronograph with seconds at 9 , day and date at 3, stopwatch hours to 12 hours at 6 and stopwatch minutes to 30 at 12.

I did some MODs to my pride and joy including a full Lume and making the seconds hand stand out with reflective fluoro  orange safety tape and sealed all buttons . The watch was water tested using my genuine Bergeon watch water resistance tester and all was good for swimming etc. I would often take her into pools etc. We went away on an anniversay weekend and after a qucik swim in a pool I noticed fogging of the glass. OMG where was my watch back remover???

The hotel lost a fork from their cutlery department soon after and that became my watch back removal tool!

She was opened but alas she died and has no heart beat.

I want a new movement . Which dealer can I get one from please?

Sad face

eBay mate:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321706946171

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222678888669

Mary Watch
8 hours ago, twofake said:

Thanks mate. Have had a look and will see what Mary has as well.

Don't you hate those expensive swims?

just email me to order it.  i told u i can get it. 

GenTLe
Thanks mate. Have had a look and will see what Mary has as well.
Don't you hate those expensive swims?
I never swim with a chrono ;)

Rx4Time

Doesn't it have a 7750 in it?  You can source them from eBay, or step up to a gen 7750.  Only issue is the chronograph seconds hand post is .2 mm different in diameter of I remember correctly, so the post needs to be modified, or the pinion needs to be swapped with the rep movement.  

Mary Watch

this is the one i got . now wait for your order.

Pw7tob5.jpg

brang1

Super Mary to the rescue, she is the best

unreformed66
On 2/3/2018 at 07:54, teddy875 said:

Doesn't it have a 7750 in it?  You can source them from eBay, or step up to a gen 7750.  Only issue is the chronograph seconds hand post is .2 mm different in diameter of I remember correctly, so the post needs to be modified, or the pinion needs to be swapped with the rep movement.  

How about just broaching out or closing the pipe on the seconds hand depending on whether that's .2mm too small or .2mm too big?

Nikosaldente
12 hours ago, brang1 said:

Super Mary to the rescue, she is the best

+1 :thumbsup:

Rx4Time
15 minutes ago, unreformed66 said:

How about just broaching out or closing the pipe on the seconds hand depending on whether that's .2mm too small or .2mm too big?

That's an option, but risky as they are quite fragile. 

Luxuracer
13 hours ago, Mary Watch said:

this is the one i got . now wait for your order.

Pw7tob5.jpg

giphy.gif

unreformed66
18 minutes ago, teddy875 said:

That's an option, but risky as they are quite fragile. 

Indeed they are. Very soft and poorly made.  I've had pretty good success broaching them although I have had a few pop the hand right off the post and had to re-rivet them which can cause problems on painted hands of course. I've never lost one closing them. At least not yet...

GenTLe
41 minutes ago, unreformed66 said:

It's 0.02mm, Something like: the gen is 0.2, the asian is 0.18mm. 

Rx4Time
45 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

It's 0.02mm, Something like: the gen is 0.2, the asian is 0.18mm. 

Sounds right.  Last one I delt with was 18 months ago. 

unreformed66

Well that's not much at all. A couple of turns of the broach would get it.