Herc

GLS holding my parcel

Wriggles
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Don't worry fresh supporter, I wasn't going against you, just stating fact in order for OP to take the best direction.

Your information is good too, even a well law experienced people can miss out some finicky little details.

In fact without your post I probably wouldn't have bothered to respond to OP :D 

I don't think customs are involved for the moment, this is probably like DHL, GLS is making the custom job as a delegation of service in exchange of a fee for every chequed parcel, but the inside EU shouldn't be concerned by this

I can only go on what the OP has stated " have just found out it’s stuck in England customs who now want a receipt as they have checked inside the package and seen it was a Rolex Watch!! "

Whether thats GLS performing customs actions on behalf of HMG or not, it's still (according to the OP) a  customs hold. If it was GLS performing customs duties then a simple "this is inside EU I'm not required to prove anything for customs, release the package or hear from my lawyer" conversation should resolve this, but that isn't happening for some reason and the more this goes on the more dodgy it looks.....

Glaude
6 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

I can only go on what the OP has stated " have just found out it’s stuck in England customs who now want a receipt as they have checked inside the package and seen it was a Rolex Watch!! "

Whether thats GLS performing customs actions on behalf of HMG or not, it's still (according to the OP) a  customs hold. If it was GLS performing customs duties then a simple "this is inside EU I'm not required to prove anything for customs, release the package or hear from my lawyer" conversation should resolve this, but that isn't happening for some reason and the more this goes on the more dodgy it looks.....

Yes I know there are a lot of things not clear, but I was under the assumption that the package was still in GLS hand according to OP stating this multiple time : 

5 hours ago, Herc said:

He emailed me this morning looking an expensive receipt to provide to GLS. I’m lost too why they are wanting any info as it’s all within EU (Italy to Northern Ireland) 

If the modder has to provide GLS a receipt, it's probably still in GLS hands, DHL uses the same "fake custom" info on tracking even if official custom doesn't lay an eye on the parcel.

Herc

Hey all I’ll clear a few things up.

I posted the watch to Italy back in Nov before RWI hack and struggled to get a hold of the modder but evidently did. (Through here) Waited until after Christmas postage chaos and made payment for the watch service and requested it posted back - see tracking details below 

16/01/2018 22:36 The parcel has left the GLS location. United Kingdom 
15/01/2018 22:14 The parcel has reached the GLS location. United Kingdom 
11/01/2018 06:41 The parcel has left the GLS location. Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
11/01/2018 06:41 The parcel was handed over to GLS. Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
10/01/2018 22:56 The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS. Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)

I emailed the modder asking if he had any update as it was sat in the last location from 16-01-18. He contacted GLS and they said it’s held up in England. 

I decided to google GLS uk tel number and it brought up Parcel force. Called and spoke to some woman who said the tracking number I gave her isn’t recognised. I explained it’s from GLS and she advised me to speak to the sender to chase up.

spoke to modder yesterday asking for an update and was asked this morning via email if I had an exspensive receipt to give him as GLS has blocked the package as they seen what was inside and have requested an invoice.. 

thats when I decided to ask you guys on here. Which I am very grateful for the help and advise on. 

I had a receipt for just under 3k for purchases back in June for jewellery so have sent him that along with proof that I posted him the watch back in nov. 

Hope that clears things up 

Glaude
3 minutes ago, Herc said:

GLS has blocked the package as they seen what was inside and have requested an invoice.. 

That the part I don't understand !

That first GLS opened the package well, as said before they can easily justify it, but the need of an invoice is absolute bullshit from them !

Herc
3 minutes ago, Glaude said:

That first GLS opened the package well, as said before they can easily justify it, but the need of an invoice is absolute bullshit from them !

Me neither but that’s what the modder has said to me via email 

deju
16 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Where is the final Destination for this parcel?
If it's the UK, inform them that there is no duty or custom so you want to know why they require an invoice. It's none of their damn business really. 

I think it sounds like they gone fucked up and lost / damaged something to want an invoice for items shipping in the EU

Herc
22 minutes ago, deju said:

Where is the final Destination for this parcel?
If it's the UK, inform them that there is no duty or custom so you want to know why they require an invoice. It's none of their damn business really. 

I think it sounds like they gone fucked up and lost / damaged something to want an invoice for items shipping in the EU

Final destination is Northern Ireland pal.i don’t have any contact except my modder. I tried to contact them and searched their number but it brings it up as parcel force who said my tracking info doesn’t match theirs. Told me the sender needs to sort this with gls in Italy. 

Fuk I hope it’s not lost or damage! 

Wriggles

Is it just me or the tracking says it left GLS location on the 16th, not that it's sitting there. Begs the question, where's it gone to?

Herc
5 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Is it just me or the tracking says it left GLS location on the 16th, not that it's sitting there. Begs the question, where's it gone to?

On the 15-01-18 it reaches the GLS location in UK at 10pm and the next night at 10pm it left the GLS location. The modder emailed and said that it’s being held which is strange as it says it’s been posted. 

I’m lost on what to do now - I paid 60eur for express delivery as well. If it’s lost I don’t know how much it is insured for 

Glaude

There are two ways of dealing with this sort of thing :

1- You give the courier company what they want, invoice, receipt or anything else, but before you ask them why and what's next in the process (do you get something to pay or not).
This is the recommended approach, in the end, they have your package, you want it, you comply, you get it.

2- You enter in a conflictual talk with the company, you inform them that they have absolutely nothing to ask about your parcel, this is only a watch, they don't have to know how, who and why you decided to use their service to transport it.
You remember them the EU Custom Union rules, and you try to get to a higher person in charge.

The approach number 2 will be longer, harder and will probably delay the arrival of your watch.

Like many courier company (France is no exception with our national service) all of this has to be done by the sender, in my country they don't even want to ear about you, the receiver.

I have no doubt this issue will be resolved with your modder if it's a TD on RWI, if not, well good luck !

Herc

Still no further with this!! My modder has sent the invoices and my proof of postage to GLS and I’m basically a sitting duck until they get back to him!! 

Edited by Herc

Glaude
6 hours ago, Herc said:

Still no further with this!! My modder has sent the invoices and my proof of postage to GLS and I’m basically a sitting duck until they get back to him!! 

I think he has to be a little more inquisitive with them, otherwise this can take forever to solve.

rikhek

Sad but true that DHL makes money being the "police".

MetalMickey

I'm calling bullshit.

A parcel between Italy and NI will go nowhere near customs - when you buy shit from Amazon have you ever heard of the courier or customs opening the package?

Now I'm not saying your modder is lying to you, but this all sounds very odd. The package is in the UK. Not at a customs hub, as it's hit two points of tracking within the UK already. Put your tracking number into Parcelforce's website and you might get better information.

IMHO either:

A) There was genuinely some reason for the package to be opened or detained - maybe a sniffer dog detected cocaine on it or the ticking made them suspicious. Or it was X-rayed and sent with a courier that does not allow watches to be transported. Either way, you'd be getting a letter from an official agency - and it wouldn't take a month to reach you. And the tracking would be likely to say "seized by customs" or "call this number" or anything suggesting it has been scanned again.

B) It accidentally went into a customs channel. Suppose it could happen. But once they found it was an EU package it would have gone back on its merry way.

C) It's with the "and Excise" but of customs and excise. In the EU VAT must be paid at either the sender or the recipient's end of the transaction. Maybe he (or you) are being investigated for VAT evasion. But they'd send you a letter because they'd want to prosecute one of you - and get their tax.

D) The sender (who is the only person with any rights) has contacted GLS (a European subsidiary of ParcelForce ) and been told the package has been lost. For an insurance claim, they will want a receipt to prove its value. Obviously, he can't say it's a "rep watch" so has said "watch" and they want evidence to either refund the amount on the receipt, the current market value, the maximum amount insured if that's lower, or nothing.

If I were a betting man, I'd say GLS have lost it, and he's making an insurance claim.

Be wary - what if he gets the full value on your receipt back from GLS and only offers you the amount you paid him as compensation...

Glaude
11 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

I'm calling bullshit.

A parcel between Italy and NI will go nowhere near customs - when you buy shit from Amazon have you ever heard of the courier or customs opening the package?

Now I'm not saying your modder is lying to you, but this all sounds very odd. The package is in the UK. Not at a customs hub, as it's hit two points of tracking within the UK already. Put your tracking number into Parcelforce's website and you might get better information.

IMHO either:

A) There was genuinely some reason for the package to be opened or detained - maybe a sniffer dog detected cocaine on it or the ticking made them suspicious. Or it was X-rayed and sent with a courier that does not allow watches to be transported. Either way, you'd be getting a letter from an official agency - and it wouldn't take a month to reach you. And the tracking would be likely to say "seized by customs" or "call this number" or anything suggesting it has been scanned again.

C) The sender (who is the only person with any rights) has contacted GLS (a European subsidiary of ParcelForce ) and been told the package has been lost. For an insurance claim, they will want a receipt to prove its value. Obviously, he can't say it's a "rep watch" so has said "watch" and they want evidence to either refund the amount on the receipt, the current market value, the maximum amount insured if that's lower, or nothing.

If I were a betting man, I'd say GLS have lost it, and he's making an insurance claim.

Be wary - what if he gets the full value on your receipt back from GLS and only offers you the amount you paid him as compensation...

There are  some unclear things in this situation.

I would go with C) since the package has left GLS according to tracking, yet the sender say that he is in touch with GLS and that GLS require an invoice of some sort ... there's something very weird here.

A lot of facts are being thrown around without anything rational connecting them.

If the package was sent via GLS all along, then the next step after leaving the warehouse is delivery.
If the package is still in GLS hand and they need an invoice (for whatever shady reason, they'll find) then the tracking wouldn't show that the package has left GLS location.
But in all this process, apart from a spontaneous custom control in the warehouse and random opening, the package never goes through any other hand than GLS.

I have an unanswered question in one of my last post : 

The modder you sent your watch is a Trusted one from RWI ? Or just a random member of the forum ?

Herc
17 minutes ago, metalmickey said:

I'm calling bullshit.

IMHO either:

B) It accidentally went into a customs channel. Suppose it could happen. But once they found it was an EU package it would have gone back on its merry way.

C) It's with the "and Excise" but of customs and excise. In the EU VAT must be paid at either the sender or the recipient's end of the transaction. Maybe he (or you) are being investigated for VAT evasion. But they'd send you a letter because they'd want to prosecute one of you - and get their tax.

D) The sender (who is the only person with any rights) has contacted GLS (a European subsidiary of ParcelForce ) and been told the package has been lost. For an insurance claim, they will want a receipt to prove its value. Obviously, he can't say it's a "rep watch" so has said "watch" and they want evidence to either refund the amount on the receipt, the current market value, the maximum amount insured if that's lower, or nothing.

Thanks for the advise pal. I’ve tried every postal service here Royal Mail and parcel force with the tracking number. All come back with ‘tracking number not recognised’ 

If the modder claims for the mission. Parcel I want every penny of what the package cost me.

13 minutes ago, Glaude said:

There are clearly some unclear things in this situation.

I would go with C) since the package has left GLS according to tracking, yet the sender say that he is in touch with GLS and that GLS require an invoice of some sort ... there's something very weird here.

A lot of facts are being thrown around without anything rational connecting them.

If the package was sent via GLS all along, then the next step after leaving the warehouse is delivery.
If the package is still in GLS hand and they need an invoice (for whatever shady reason, they'll find) then the tracking wouldn't show that the package has left GLS location.
But in all this process, apart from a spontaneous custom control in the warehouse and random opening, the package never goes through any other hand than GLS.

I have an unanswered question in one of my last post : 

The modder you sent your watch is a Trusted one from RWI ? Or just a random member of the forum ?

I’m unsure of his status on RWI and right now don’t want to rare his name but yes he’s well known modder from RWI. 

I’m just confused as to why he wanted proof of receipt. If he told me they lost the parcel and is putting through an insurance claim then so be it. But he’s making me believe they still have the watch and want proof of it’s purchase. 

I mean this watch could have been given to me by a family member for all GLS are aware 

Glaude
1 minute ago, Herc said:

I’m unsure of his status on RWI and right now don’t want to rare his name but yes he’s well known modder from RWI. 

I’m just confused as to why he wanted proof of receipt. If he told me they lost the parcel and is putting through an insurance claim then so be it. But he’s making me believe they still have the watch and want proof of it’s purchase. 

I mean this watch could have been given to me by a family member for all GLS are aware 

That's the shady part, you don't need to share his name because you're right that could unleash unnecessary hate or flame against him.

But there's no real reason for GLS to request such a proof.

You'll have to wait till RWI is up again (shouldn't be too long now) to check all this matter with a mod or to even check his status.
That would not be the first time a known modder fucked up... 

MetalMickey
12 minutes ago, Herc said:

Because the EU has no tariff barriers, the chances of it being opened in any official capacity are pretty much nil. It's as if it were being sent from you to another recipient in the same country. Unless a very senior Police officer signed off a RIPA form, or the package was full of heroin, a bomb or - God forbid - a BATTERY then it isn't going to be touched. Besides, your tracking shows it left the depot. Before they lost it...

If you want to see just how hard it is to prevent a package from being delivered, try and get the postal service to stop one after you've been scammed by one of those fake PayPal emails you get sent by fraudster eBay buyers....

I would not recommend that you took any potentially fraudulent action like contacting GLS and giving them the sender's name and address, so you only have his word to go on.

But it sounds fucking dodgy to me.

Herc

Parcel overview

Date
Time
Parcel status
GLS Location
16/01/2018 22:36 The parcel has left the GLS location. United Kingdom 
15/01/2018 22:14 The parcel has reached the GLS location. United Kingdom 
11/01/2018 06:41 The parcel has left the GLS location. Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
11/01/2018 06:41 The parcel was handed over to GLS. Italy San Giuliano Milanese (MI)
10/01/2018 22:56 The parcel data was entered into the GLS system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

Herc

That is the tracking details I can see using the tracking f number the modder supplied 

MetalMickey
4 minutes ago, Herc said:

That is the tracking details I can see using the tracking f number the modder supplied 

Did you try it in 17track

Herc
3 hours ago, metalmickey said:

Did you try it in 17track

I googled postal tracking and managed to find a site that searches every possible delivery and all I can find is the gls tracking. 

When I googled gls uk contact number and called it. It was parcel force that answered and they were as much use as a chocolate fire guard 

tripdog123

There's nothing on that tracking info that suggests it was held in Customs. Packages within the EU are not opened by Customs - I don't think they are even allowed to open them  - unless the package set of some sort of 'bomb detection' alarm, or got picked out by sniffer dogs.

IMO it's extremely improbable that your parcel was opened by Customs and that they are asking for proof of purchase etc - it came from Italy, and it was going to NI - both within the EU, so no Customs controls, even if they did open it for whatever reason, they have no right to demand invoices etc.

A parcel belongs to the sender right up until he gets handed over to the recipient - so whatever has happened here, you can't really do anything, your modder is the only one who can dialogue with GLS/the shipping company he used in Italy.

This modder, is he movie star too ?

Glaude
7 minutes ago, tripdog123 said:

There's nothing on that tracking info that suggests it was held in Customs. Packages within the EU are not opened by Customs - I don't think they are even allowed to open them  - unless the package set of some sort of 'bomb detection' alarm, or got picked out by sniffer dogs.

IMO it's extremely improbable that your parcel was opened by Customs and that they are asking for proof of purchase etc - it came from Italy, and it was going to NI - both within the EU, so no Customs controls, even if they did open it for whatever reason, they have no right to demand invoices etc.

A parcel belongs to the sender right up until he gets handed over to the recipient - so whatever has happened here, you can't really do anything, your modder is the only one who can dialogue with GLS/the shipping company he used in Italy.

Precision : Customs authority is allowed to open anything they want inside the EU for whatever reason (they don't even need to justify the opening, just have to mention that the package has been opened).

But for the rest I agree with you.

Yes, he's also a movie star (confirmed via PM with OP), since I'm not from RWI I don't know if this story makes more sense with that info.

NCRich
12 minutes ago, tripdog123 said:

Pirates of the Caribbean?