r4dic4l

Avenger Bandit v2 GF

r4dic4l

Hey guys, just wanted to start a thread to discuss about the (fairly) new Avenger Bandit v2 by GF. This thread is NOT intended to bash on or fault any of the dealers.

So I just ordered my Avenger Bandit rep less than a month ago. Before I received it though, I was told by the TD that the watch has some problems with the bezel and needs to be replaced.

Soon after,  I finally got the watch.

fy9KvsW.jpg

I was pretty happy with it. One thing I noticed, however, is that sometimes the second-hand of the chronograph doesn't align straight at 0 when reset. It may have been an issue of perspective, but I'll see if I can take some pictures of that when it happens.

A major issue for me is the bezel itself. My bezel fell off less than a month of wearing it.

wNGtSOP.jpg

As the TD mentioned problems with the bezel before, I wonder if this is a recurring issue with GF bandits? Or I am just the unlucky one? If any other bandit owners out there can share their experiences it will be cool. Would be good to know if this is an issue that GF has to look into for future versions.

curtisjackson23

Damn, looks like this Bandit has been the least reliable GF Breit so far. Even the QC video on a famous TD website was showing chrono alignment issues.

The bezel is a much more critical issue, especially if this is the V2 which was supposed to be better and came out quickly after V1, and especially if your TD replaced the 1st watch approved with one that had no apparent bezel issues

Did you play with the bezel a lot before it happened?

I have a couple of GF breitlings and so far, so god, except 1 chrono hand that keeps running all the time

nunu78

Mine has none of the above problems. I guess I was the few lucky ones.

Marcoman

I have the same watch OP and haven't had the same issues. That said, I actually don't think I've touched the chrono or the bezel so after reading this thread, I won't touch it with a barge pole!! You're right about the bandit and the quality of the V1....even though I've always really liked it, I held off until the V2 was released...my understanding was that the V2 improved the watch and when my TD confirmed from a friend that the V2 was a very good rep, I couldn't resist. Its not an everyday watch for me as I wear it as a "treat" at weekends if I'm out......must be very disappointing for you though. Its one of my favourite watches.....

nivlekg9

OP I have the same watch and mine works as per a normal a7750 watch. Chronic work fine and my bezel is fine too.

You might want to check with your TD if they can help you service it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pesman

I got one from Mary a while back. Not had any specific issues but the finish is a little 'sharp' and the bezel is far from smooth but I've not played with it much. Mine has a pin buckle nylon strap rather than a deployment so assume that makes it a V1?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

AIRWAR

Hi, I ordered the same watch from PerfectClones and I am afraid mine has a faulty Chrono mechanism and noisy rotor... The Chrono second hand stops at the 7.

Not sure whether to get it serviced or talk to the dealer...

Having said all that it is the first rep out of 8 that I have purchased that has an issue, so not too shabby!

Marcoman
On 18/02/2018 at 10:56, Pesman said:

I got one from Mary a while back. Not had any specific issues but the finish is a little 'sharp' and the bezel is far from smooth but I've not played with it much. Mine has a pin buckle nylon strap rather than a deployment so assume that makes it a V1?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

As far as I know, gf always came with the rubber backed nylon deployment but the anf version came with the standard nylon with pin buckle......

r4dic4l

On 2/9/2018 at 10:58, curtisjackson23 said:

Damn, looks like this Bandit has been the least reliable GF Breit so far. Even the QC video on a famous TD website was showing chrono alignment issues.

The bezel is a much more critical issue, especially if this is the V2 which was supposed to be better and came out quickly after V1, and especially if your TD replaced the 1st watch approved with one that had no apparent bezel issues

Did you play with the bezel a lot before it happened?

I have a couple of GF breitlings and so far, so god, except 1 chrono hand that keeps running all the time

My TD explained that the issue last time was with the paint. I did play with it, but not excessively of course.

On 2/10/2018 at 21:46, Marcoman said:

I have the same watch OP and haven't had the same issues. That said, I actually don't think I've touched the chrono or the bezel so after reading this thread, I won't touch it with a barge pole!! You're right about the bandit and the quality of the V1....even though I've always really liked it, I held off until the V2 was released...my understanding was that the V2 improved the watch and when my TD confirmed from a friend that the V2 was a very good rep, I couldn't resist. Its not an everyday watch for me as I wear it as a "treat" at weekends if I'm out......must be very disappointing for you though. Its one of my favourite watches.....

It was disappointing, especially as my first rep. And yeah, better not touch the bezel at all. Hopefully this is just a one-time manufacturing mistake.

On 2/16/2018 at 04:36, nivlekg9 said:

OP I have the same watch and mine works as per a normal a7750 watch. Chronic work fine and my bezel is fine too.

You might want to check with your TD if they can help you service it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent it back for repairs. Had to spend more money to do so, which is disappointing...

On 2/19/2018 at 04:36, AIRWAR said:

Hi, I ordered the same watch from PerfectClones and I am afraid mine has a faulty Chrono mechanism and noisy rotor... The Chrono second hand stops at the 7.

Not sure whether to get it serviced or talk to the dealer...

Having said all that it is the first rep out of 8 that I have purchased that has an issue, so not too shabby!

That's unfortunate. Usually the dealers will help you resolve these problems through "warranty". Hopefully you didn't have to ship too far like I did.

r4dic4l

Here's an update I hope will help the community:

After sending my watch back for servicing, I finally received it after a long wait. The bezel has been fixed by my TD (not by factory). At first I was glad I finally get to wear it again. However, today I was using the chronograph and saw that the second-hand does indeed not align back at 12 when reset. If it wasn't obvious before, it is very obvious now. Below is the video showing the condition.

Couple this problem with the fact that the bezel is ridiculously hard to twist, I would definitely NOT recommend this watch and this version to any interested parties.

nunu78

Believe me it’s just how it is, send it to a modder in your country and everything will be ok.

Today I have just get one of my Tag heuer with a7750 from VAC( modder on geek). I’ve paid 275$ for A7750 full service.