tripdog123

6542 GMT

Replica01

Stunning....

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G928F met Tapatalk

Frazzle

This is absolutely out of this world! I absolutely love, like many others; vintage Rolies. The GMT is very close to my heart, this one is absolutely stunning. I must say I share your consensus on being able to build something that doesn't break the bank like the phong and MQ parts do.

Any chance you could share the source of some of the parts, I would love to have one of these.

Thanks

tripdog123
On 11/02/2018 at 18:55, pickledbeetroot said:

Ah I see...... you used a model.... of course... ..well as Mr Loaf so repeatedly puts it..... two outta three ain’t bad.

I still say it’s good work though trippers, would be interesting to know how much lay out this kinda job is, excluding labour of course. :D 

On 11/02/2018 at 21:38, Frazzle said:

This is absolutely out of this world! I absolutely love, like many others; vintage Rolies. The GMT is very close to my heart, this one is absolutely stunning. I must say I share your consensus on being able to build something that doesn't break the bank like the phong and MQ parts do.

Any chance you could share the source of some of the parts, I would love to have one of these.

Thanks

Case & dial are from Vietnam, from the same factories as Ming & Phong use, but without the huge mark-up  - $500 for a case  (includes aftermarket crystal, case back, bezel ring and insert, no crown), $200 - $300 for the dial, depending on the model.

Hand set is a mix of Raffles Time & HR, the crystal & crown on this one are Rolex, movements used are either clone 2836 GMT from HR or DG3804B.

The rivet bracelet is also from Vietnam, slightly cheaper than a Yuki rivet, but slightly better quality, and once reworked they are very close to the genuine 7206 in look and feel.

DixieDynamite

This blew my socks off. I'm not wearing socks anymore. If you ever feel like doing another one . . . 

Mikeodandy

Amazing sassy write up Trip, this watch is well loved and enjoying constant wrist time!

2many2choose

Wow! You are building watches and making it an art!

Replica01

Love mine, thanks Trip!2bf85641261ca9787f29ef52da4a429e.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

tripdog123
4 hours ago, Replica01 said:

Love mine, thanks Trip!2bf85641261ca9787f29ef52da4a429e.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk

:thumbsup:

gmchris

Well I am 49 and it looks about as knackered as me so it must be spot on!

A vintaging 101 would be good - so far I've only managed to speckle a bit of coffee on the lume and hands of my 1655 and can't bring myself to scuff it up, but hey if I was following a tutorial then.......

fatarms

This is on my "sell 4 watches to get this one" list.  So well done.

bogdan.manea

Impressive... I’m more and more attracted to vintage subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk