t9hn

IWC 5002 25J - Wrong Caseback?

t9hn

Hey guys :D

First of all: Hello to everyone out here :) It is a pleasure to be here :D

But I also have a question, regarding the following watch: http://www.tb-2018.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1534

So, as it says it should be an IWC 5002. And the dial, datewheel and fish crown also look like they should on a 5002. And it also is the faux PR model, of which there are quite a number of threads and which is said to be a very nice rep, especially for the price.

But I am just not sure about the caseback. All the threads in rep forums (And even in the official IWC forums) always show the caseback which says "Die große Fliegeruhr", whereas this one's caseback says "International Watch CO." and "Fliegeruhr". After all I've read, this should be the caseback of the 5004, not the 5002. And all the other versions of the watch, as seen with other sellers, also have the other caseback.

Does anyone know if this is still true to gen? Could it - theoretically - get a pass as one of those rare 5002-transitional models?

Also, there is a thread on the official IWC forums about a Franken-5004, which has the 5002 dial and the 5004 case - And that looks EXACTLY like the one from the description.

Long story short: I'm a little bit confused. Is someone able to help me?

Much thanks to anyone who might be able to answer my question!

Edited by t9hn

BadPickle

Ask toro for a replacement caseback if your not happy with it 

andyboy

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

BadPickle
Just now, andyboy said:

Not a review. Moved to General Discussion.

:handjob: 

t9hn

Oops! So sorry about that! I Somehow didn't see the gigantic word "Reviews"...Sorry, everyone

Wriggles

It's a rep. They're never perfect. It's a caseback, it'll be against your wrist, so it becomes irrelevant. Unless, you want to pass it off as gen. We don't like when people do that

t9hn

Yes, I know that reps are never perfect - And I never meant to complain about some minor inaccuracy like a slightly misaligned pearl or letters that are 0.1mm to big - I would just like to know if there ever was a 5002 with that Caseback produced, that's all :) And in times where we talk about 904 steel in reps, we should also be able to talk about caseback engravings, shouldn't we? :D

GingerApple
2 hours ago, pickledbeetroot said:

:handjob: 

See @andyboy , it's not just me that thinks it! Lol!