lovedogs

Rolex Milgauss Blue

lovedogs

Finally got the watch that originally got me on these boards--a blue dial milgauss. Got it from WBK ( I know he isn't a TD here, but hopefully it's still ok to mention him here). He ships from the US, which makes things easier for a newbie like me. Hope these pics help others who are considering this watch! This is a hard one to capture the color, especially with a crappy cell camera, but I did my best. All the indoor pics ended up having a reflection of the camera on the face, so I ended up only using the outdoor ones.

I've never seen a gen of this watch in person, so it's hard for me to directly compare anything--but IMHO it's a beautiful watch and looks well finished. The only (small) complaint I have--and let's be honest, it isn't a complaint since this is amazing for the price--is that I wish the dial was a bit lighter blue, and I wish I could see the green "overlay" at certain angles (here are 2 pics from the PT site that show what I mean). But since I haven't seen the PT one in person either, they could look the same IRL. Just wanted to give all impressions here to help others who (like me) are drawn to the dial color and blue/green. 

h5uM9Oj.jpg

MPk7aI9.jpg

Now onto my pics.

rWbOjHD.jpg

BPQ4GBW.jpg

usryoYy.jpg

qeHqq8l.jpg

84y6oCf.jpg

GC

Lovely watch all around, the color of the dial is stunning. Enjoy it often! 

lovedogs

Thanks @GC! Tried to get more pics displaying the color play of the dial, but it's something that needs to be seen in order to be fully appreciated!

yrvqAso.jpg

7QGNinY.jpg

XvpvOYb.jpg

Frazzle

Love how that dial pops! Great photos, thanks for sharing.

I haven't had a milgauss for some years, perfect size for me, maybe I need to try one again!

lovedogs

@Frazzle I definitely recommend it! Obviously I'm biased since this and the speedmaster were the reasons I got into reps, but I think the Milgauss is really gorgeous. I like the size a lot (40mm, I believe), which I think works for both men and women. I don't feel like it's "too big" for my wrists, but I don't think men would find it too small. 

Davesjourney

mine says 'hi'

39592606071_aa63c2eab0_b.jpg

tabuktime

I have to agree with you on the 40mm size. My missus is always taking my reps that are that size. I ended up buying her a Snowtrooper, but she still can't keep her hands out of my watch box.

lovedogs

@DavesjourneyNice! Mind me asking where you got it from? I like how bright/light the dial is!

simonpollard

Looks great. Is this the ARF one? 

lovedogs
5 hours ago, simonpollard said:

Looks great. Is this the ARF one? 

I have no idea....WBK didn't specify. Sorry!

Davesjourney
16 hours ago, lovedogs said:

@DavesjourneyNice! Mind me asking where you got it from? I like how bright/light the dial is!

Sorry for the delay

I actually got it from Thailand. It was fresh in at one of the boutique shops dedicated to reps on Koh Samui. It was being saved for the owner as it was the new 40mm version, but I managed to snaffle it.

EmQue

Woah that sunburst is really effective in the light. Congratz...only thing i have never been a fan of was the orange hand... only reason i would go for a 114300

Impossible

hi, I would like to ask for an opinion on this piece ... I got around 2 locks ago, I like it a lot and it looks well done ... it mounts a clone movement ... it seems very entrigno ... it's a

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

97783688c789e9bdf2eaf5723f037342.jpgfebb54934498db1581d5780b93b8f4f3.jpge04df214799152c96aa03f0a35b7976b.jpged108cb555adbc678567e6b4c2a30958.jpg52b7013923e342f565cf94a337417c2f.jpg

revstriker
22 hours ago, Impossible said:

hi, I would like to ask for an opinion on this piece ... I got around 2 locks ago, I like it a lot and it looks well done ... it mounts a clone movement ... it seems very entrigno ... it's a

Not sure what you are asking?

Impossible

sorry, I do not write much in English .... I wanted your opinion on this watch bought for two weeks from intimate. owns this movement Asian Super SA3131 Clone Automatic Movement, 28800 vph

revstriker
On 2/22/2018 at 15:14, Impossible said:

sorry, I do not write much in English .... I wanted your opinion on this watch bought for two weeks from intimate. owns this movement Asian Super SA3131 Clone Automatic Movement, 28800 vph

It looks really nice. What version is that? Did you mean you bought it from intime? Can you post a link.

revstriker
3 hours ago, Impossible said:

from intime02

The ARF is the best version out at this time. Good Choice.

Impossible

thank you

Spooled964

Thanks for the review, I’m deciding on which TD to make my purchase.