Ramon.nmgn

Deepsea (V7) Disaster

Ramon.nmgn

The thing i was most afraid of that could happen to my 4-5 months old Rolex came true yesterday.

Last weekend i went to the bar with some friends and i was wearing my nicest timepiece; Rolex Deep Sea Dweller, Blue Dial, Noob V7 version. I was already wearing this for 4-5 months and i couldnt get enough of this watch. Its just a stunning beauty, i really love it! However, when i came back home in the middle of the night, i went to the toilet and took of my watch. Next to the sink on the bathroom, i put my wallet on the desk with the watch on top. When i went to bed, i took the watch together with the wallet in one hand but the watch just slid of the wallet on the floor....

I picked up to the watch and immediately started to inspect any flaws. Luckily there weren't any! I was so happy and went to sleep. The next morning, i put the watch back on my wrist (stil moving and correct time), so nothing must be wrong.

However, this morning i wanted to wear my watch again. The time already stopped and i had to rewind it. My heart was shocked as i couldnt get any movement in the watch. It simply doesnt spin whenever i rotate the crown and shake the watch.. Also, when i pull out the crown, even the date couldnt be set anymore. 

When i investigate closer, i see a small dent in the crown, suggesting that the watch fell down exactly on the crown :(

So TLDR;

• watch fell on the floor on the crown (small dent on the crown)
  • watch itself looks 100% perfect, no other damage at all visible
  • watch doesnt spin up
  • cannot rotate the crown to adjust the date
  • crown feels slightly stiffer to twist

I assume the crown needs to be replaced, but im a total noob!

There are 2 things i can do, but i'd like some recommendations from you guys;

• Sell the watch in the current state and buy myself a new one
  • Repair the watch, probably a lot cheaper but i cant do myself and i need a repair guy

Can someone give me a bit of advise what to do? Thanks in advance!

wolfwood

You should probably contact one of our trusted modders and ask for some pricing options and then make a repair or sale decision.

Ramon.nmgn

I already contacted to seller and they can repair it.

If i decide to sell it, what will be a legitimate price?

peleon

Do you know how to remove the stem? Maybe the problem is only a stem broken because NoobF often leaves stems a bit too long.
Easy repair in this case, you can do it by yourself.
Is this an Eta or a 3135 clone?
You can buy an Eta 2836-2 or sellita sw220 stem, they are the same.
3 years ago, I broke one on a NoobF, emailed sellita and they sent me one for free.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

Ramon.nmgn

1 hour ago, peleon said:

Do you know how to remove the stem? Maybe the problem is only a stem broken because NoobF often leaves stems a bit too long.
Easy repair in this case, you can do it by yourself.
Is this an Eta or a 3135 clone?
You can buy an Eta 2836-2 or sellita sw220 stem, they are the same.
3 years ago, I broke one on a NoobF, emailed sellita and they sent me one for free.

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

And dont know anything about watches lol (in terms of repair or internal structure). Its a 2836-2 :)

GenTLe

2836, good to go. Even if the movement is gone, it easily replaceable. Crowns are for sure available from the TD (if it's broken)

Ramon.nmgn

The TD i ordered this from suggested me to send it to them. If its an internal malfunction, like a damaging or something, it'll cost me that the parts. If it can be solved without new parts, they'll fix it and return it for free.

I think i might go for this! Ah men i love this watch so damn much...