OliverC

ARF DAYTONA - Pic Heavy

Vervdc

I was pretty unlucky to get a very loud rotor in my ARF. I have some Moebius oil on order so hoping this will quiten it down a bit. I’ll report back as to whether this makes a difference without having to swop the entire rotor out, if anyone else has the same issue.

raspymcnasty

so arf daytona's only fault is the 2 dials that dont work? I was never interested in this watch but that white one with black dials just look too clean.

DixieDynamite
On 17/06/2018 at 09:17, Vervdc said:

I was pretty unlucky to get a very loud rotor in my ARF. I have some Moebius oil on order so hoping this will quiten it down a bit. I’ll report back as to whether this makes a difference without having to swop the entire rotor out, if anyone else has the same issue.

What happened with the oil and rotor? That's the main issue keeping me from getting an ARF.   I don't care about the two subdials too much. I have a Noob Daytona coming in the time being...

Vervdc
On 09/11/2018 at 03:53, DixieDynamite said:

What happened with the oil and rotor? That's the main issue keeping me from getting an ARF.   I don't care about the two subdials too much. I have a Noob Daytona coming in the time being...

I know this was posted a very long time ago, however how have you found the Noob Daytona? My ARF is amazing but the rotor is loud.

DixieDynamite
On 18/05/2019 at 15:49, Vervdc said:

I know this was posted a very long time ago, however how have you found the Noob Daytona? My ARF is amazing but the rotor is loud.

Sorry, I just saw this. Haven't been around much. 

The Noob is near perfection as far as I'm concerned. Running beautifully! I want to get one of the newest versions now, but I saw something in passing about their QC slacking. Selling like hot cakes probably.

FoxWilde
On 18/05/2019 at 14:49, Vervdc said:

1 hour ago, DixieDynamite said:

The Noob is near perfection as far as I'm concerned. Running beautifully! I want to get one of the newest versions now, but I saw something in passing about their QC slacking. Selling like hot cakes probably.

Noob's Daytonas are great! People shit on em for their dials and bezels but as far as I'm concerned it's a solid piece! AND moddable. Get the best of both worlds with a NoobTona with ARF dial and bezel.

hueydewey

VF2KFD.md.jpg

My Daytona Ceramic Black Dial 116500LN..JF I believe...Quiet as a mouse!..LOVE IT! (not the best photo though)

Jasonbaylee
VF2KFD.md.jpg
My Daytona Ceramic Black Dial 116500LN..JF I believe...Quiet as a mouse!..LOVE IT! (not the best photo though)

What a beauty mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vervdc
On 14/06/2019 at 04:25, DixieDynamite said:

No problem! Thanks for letting me know. That’s interesting, at the time I purchased the ARF the new NOOB movement was untested and so I was concerned it would be problematic. Glad to hear it’s running well! My NOOB Sub is the best rep I’ve ever owned so can imagine the Daytona is great too.

Vervdc
On 14/06/2019 at 05:52, FoxWilde said:

Noob's Daytonas are great! People shit on em for their dials and bezels but as far as I'm concerned it's a solid piece! AND moddable. Get the best of both worlds with a NoobTona with ARF dial and bezel.

I haven’t seen the dials etc but can imagine 99% of people wouldn’t even notice anything untoward. Wondering if I should have gone for the NOOB now...

FoxWilde
6 minutes ago, Vervdc said:

I haven’t seen the dials etc but can imagine 99% of people wouldn’t even notice anything untoward. Wondering if I should have gone for the NOOB now...

In my experience, no one notices. Only way to tell differences really is to have it next to gen. And good luck finding those out in the wild. 

Ive only seen one gen so far (black dial, on a very nice gentleman on the airport bus). 

Vervdc
On 16/06/2019 at 22:01, FoxWilde said:

In my experience, no one notices. Only way to tell differences really is to have it next to gen. And good luck finding those out in the wild. 

Ive only seen one gen so far (black dial, on a very nice gentleman on the airport bus). 

Agreed, I’ve yet to spot one ‘in the wild’ so to speak although would love to. I’d be far too anxious wearing a gen Daytona that id scratch it or something, I guess they are meant to be worn though.

T3Steve

On 30/06/2019 at 05:36, Vervdc said:

Agreed, I’ve yet to spot one ‘in the wild’ so to speak although would love to. I’d be far too anxious wearing a gen Daytona that id scratch it or something, I guess they are meant to be worn though.

It depends where you go, I was at the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca last year and they were everywhere, same at the Concours.

I probable saw 50 or more.

Vervdc
On 08/07/2019 at 16:55, T3Steve said:

It depends where you go, I was at the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca last year and they were everywhere, same at the Concours.

I probable saw 50 or more.

Wow, I guess it would be similar at Goodwood Festival of Speed although I’m always too engrossed in the cars to notice!

Speedysnoopy

Have 3 ARF Daytona both white (2) and (1) black dials, which are the same case thickness as gen.

ARF  Bezel fonts are correct, unlike the Noob, which has a noticeable Serif on the R of PER and HOUR. I can spot a Noob easily in photos.

The ARF dial are nearly perfect in all aspects, no tells.

The ARF chrono movement DOES have a working central Chrono Sweep hand, only the 3H and 9H subdials are fixed. Of course small seconds runs constantly at 6H.  The central sweep resets properly to 12. 

PR on all 3 is reasonably good, as is accuracy. I don’t have a Timegrapher. Rotor noise is about the level of other unidirectional movements like the 7750 and Miyota....yes, if you hold it up to your ear, you can hear the rotor.  In normal wrist wear, it is inaudible.

Until Noob gets the QC on the A4130 ironed out, and the font on the bezel fixed, and color of the subdials proper matte, I am sticking with the ARF.