JonasCool

just bought an arf daytona, the second hand isnt moving , what can i do?

JonasCool

Hello,

first of all im a complete noob when it comes to watches, so maybe my questions may seem stupid

i just bought an arf daytona and the second hand isnt moving , the minute hand works fine,  also the small pointer below is running all the time

just wanted to know if that is normal, or how can i make the big second hand moving? also is it normal that the small pointer below runs all the time?

GC

It’s ok. What you call the second hand is the chrono sec hand. The small pointer below is the actual second hand. 

deju

:lol: the big “second” hand is Chrono and doesn’t move unless you are using chrono. 

Thank you for making me laugh though! 

Dont worry we all start to learn somewhere, and none of us ever finish learning :) 

GC

The chrono second hand is started & stopped via the pusher at 2... then the pusher at 4 resets it. 

Do not hit reset unless the chrono second is stopped first. Otherwise you will break the movement. 

GingerApple

Lol, bless.

Don't even bother messing with the chronos anyway, it's just flirting with danger for no reason whatsoever. If you need a chrono (ie a stopwatch), use your phone.

JonasCool

thanks guys for helping me out,   so my watch is fine   thats great!

also luckily i have NOT used the pushers yet, i could have destroyed the movement .. thanks GC and Ginger for the tip

Edited by JonasCool

fatarms

Actually, the dials at 3 and 9 are false so once it goes past 60 seconds, no minutes register.

From Perfect Clones' site:

Hours, Mins, Secs (6.00 Subdial) Chronograph.. Registers Secs on the Big Sec Hand ... 3.00 Subdial and 9.00 Subdial - Faux, 2.00 Pusher : Start/Stop, 4.00 Pusher : Reset

GenTLe
thanks guys for helping me out,   so my watch is fine   thats great!
also luckily i have NOT used the pushers yet, i could have destroyed the movement .. thanks GC and Ginger for the tip

Also, if you are tempted to use the chrono, remember to unscrew the rings installed over the pushers before!

Unscrewed:
7529934b_xxl.jpg

Screwed down:
rolex-2-collectible-complet-screwed-pushers-vintage-6263-6265-16520-116520-watches-daytona-mark-iii-ref-244-24-p303.jpg

JonasCool

hey guys just wanted to ask some more questions:

i heart that there is a slimmer 7750 movement in the arf daytona,  how reliable is that movement?

also if it stops working, can you tell me if there are some good watch smithes in europe or even in germany?

Edited by JonasCool

FoxWilde
On 2/17/2018 at 05:32, JonasCool said:

i heart that there is a slimmer 7750 movement in the arf daytona,  how reliable is that movement?

also if it stops working, can you tell me if there are some good watch smithes in europe or even in germany?

The ARF Daytona does not have functioning chronograph besides the second hand counter. Its functions are hours, minutes, sec @ 6, and second counter track. 

GenTLe
On 2/17/2018 at 12:32, JonasCool said:

It's the same movement in the IWC portuguese (slim ones). Good to go but still delicate as all the 7750.