nickolo

Problem winding, Minute hand stuck at 6 marker, can anyone troubleshoot this?

nickolo

Hi everyone,

This problem is driving me nuts and I'm looking to see if anyone is familiar or know why this is.

I opened up an ARF datejust with 3135 movement to change the datewheel, and after reassembling this issue happened.

When winding clockwise or counter clockwise, the minute hand stops winding when you get to around 27-minute or 33-minute, respectively.

When this happens, I am able to just push the winder to position 1 to get the second hand to start moving again. As this happens, the minute hand is then again able to move as normally, and can then be wound  again (only it has moved to the 33-minute position). The problem persists again after it moves back to the next 27-minute position.

So essentially, I cannot wind my watch from 27 to 33-minute mark. Should I just open it up and service everything?

GenTLe

That's not winding, that's regulating the time. And since it happens only in time regulation mode, but the watch runs normally, then probably with your actions for the DW you have damaged the gears that transfer the motion from the crown pinion to the minute wheel. Or something is not well settled below the dial.
Open it again and check the gears below the dial.

TRANSPORTER

Yep open her up and start checking everything mate, obviously something isn't right in there

Logixa

Yup that's broken gear teeth most probably