gwkiw

Plexi crystal?

gwkiw

Hmmm. I don' t think I'm that intense about all the reps I buy.  Some yes.  Some not so much.  I'll try the plexi with this speedy.  If they were available with them originally than I'll take chance and learn more about the difference in crystals. I'm kind of committed to the TD I'm working with on this one as I'm getting a change I really wanted  done to the watch thrown in where the other TDs wouldn't change. His is the plexi crystal version speedy. 

With a Daytona I'm after I think I understand your points and will be getting that particular rep with  Sapphire crystal.

Live and learn. 

trailboss99
On 17/02/2018 at 00:07, fetasigma said:

Sad thing is this particular one is the transitional model with the original seahorse caseback but the first generation with the 861 movement, I ditched the modern bracelet for now and it's on leather.

Picked it up 5 years ago for under 2 grand, but it did need a 500 dollar service from omega

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You picked it up WHAT??? :thud: 

20161223_094442_HDR-01_zpsk3m9gglj.jpeg

OMG! An authentic TRL! :woo: 

GenTLe

Here's the one I am ordering from River today.  Fantastic looking rep, and the volcano domed plexi is supposedly VERY nice.  I will post a review once I receive it!

Daffy, is that a rep or an homage? Always thought that the Marina Militare" ones were all homages, but here I reckon that the case shape looks like one of those "ancient" Panerai done for Italian army, so I don't really know...

Daffy
7 hours ago, GenTLe said:

Daffy, is that a rep or an homage? Always thought that the Marina Militare" ones were all homages, but here I reckon that the case shape looks like one of those "ancient" Panerai done for Italian army, so I don't really know...

Panerai put out several dials that were signed as "Marina Militare" without their company name, most notably with 6152 models.  Odd, I know, but this was back in the olden days. 

I haven't seen an original rivet dialed version with just that signature on it yet, but I believe that River chose this method to avoid issues with Officine Panerai...  The company has tried to trademark that signature, but it's become all too common, and therefore unenforceable.

170108_panerai_61521_mm_lp_dial.jpg?w=97

The interesting part of this to me, is that the welded lug was simply a Radiomir case that they ground slots into, and then welded lugs into the case.  This was to get rid of the "pain in the ass" wire lugs.  I love the size and feel of the Rad case, and this is a starting point for a future project.  I will most likely replace the dial at some point with a 4 liner, radioactively burnt dial.  I love the look of this one with the red aged indices:

170105_panerai_3646_1010193_dial.jpg?w=9

And I also love this dial color, so mine will be a fantasy (sort of):

170109_panerai_61521_124765_dial.jpg?w=9

170109_panerai_6154_997592_dial.jpg?w=97

8 hours ago, trailboss99 said:

You picked it up WHAT??? :thud: 

20161223_094442_HDR-01_zpsk3m9gglj.jpeg

OMG! An authentic TRL! :woo: 

Here's his thread over on HomageForum if anyone is interested:  http://www.homageforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=40089

Daffy

And here is the article on PAM dials (which I forgot to include in the post above):  https://perezcope.com/dials/

GenTLe

Thanks mate, appreciated!

nivka
If I had known that was the watch then you are getting the only version that matters, hesalite( or plexy on speedmaster lingo) is what went to the moon and back and is the only proper way to get that watch(although a sapphire version of the real deal is Avaliable) they still make the plexy version to this day.

If your really worried about plexy here is a 1969 speedie with original hesalite, My own watch and the hesalite doesnt look bad after 40 plus years

Speedmaster.jpg

Do you actually use the chrono to measure pulse rate?

fetasigma

I can but it's pretty worthless for that in reality