james green

Noob Very Happy from Trusty: Factory 40mm DayDate Ref 228206 in Yellow Gold

james green

Hi All,

A couple of pics of the above watch I received from Trusty Time. I love it. I have been using it daily for the last 2/3 months and it has been a pleasure to own and wear. The service from TT was brilliant, the watch arrived before TT had the chance to send the tracking information through. Very well packaged and I am more than happy with the quality. The watch was running -6 seconds, but I have got it to -2 seconds now using the fine adjustment on the balance spring. 

Regards

JamesWP_20180216_004.jpgWP_20180216_004.jpg

mo05eoo

Very nice James 

mum also getting a tad excited now waiting for mine to be posted 

DylanRolex77

How are you feeling regarding the Date-Wheel and Day-Wheel. Any signs of wear on the gold part? What a beauty! 

james green

Hi,

I am very happy with the date and day wheels, the text is fine and I am happy with the gold plating. The watch represents good value for money and is a quality item. It is still early days, but the gold plating is standing up well so far, I can't comment on the thickness of the plating though!  Initially I was concerned that the bracelet was a bit noisy (jangly) and lightweight, but I believe it is indicative of the original. It is very comfortable to wear, I often forget to take it off at night.

Daffy

Take the bracelet off, and soak it for a while in baby oil.  It will be smooth as silk then, and reduce the 'jangles'...

How does the gold color look like? Like real gold or like fake?

james green

I It looks real to my eye. I have compared it against my 18k cygnet ring and i can't tell the difference.

pdipalma

can someone dm me the new Trusty Time website?

Thanks!

mo05eoo
can someone dm me the new Trusty Time website?
Thanks!

Trustytime.store

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dizzy

I got a black dial day date 40 in yellow gold from Trusty. It’s very nice and runs smooth. It’s supposed to be ETA-2836 but it’s prob a clone. I haven’t opened it yet. I don’t really care anyways. I’ve had it for a few months and I wear it once in a while. I expect the gold will last a couple years. I take it off at night so not to increase the wear against the skin and edges. My other watches I wear 24/7. 

Nathanskim113

How's the weight? I got a two-tone cartier a while ago, but the lack of heft kinda put me off 

melissakristof

How is the plating onand between the the links?

Dmclift
On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 15:44, Nathanskim113 said:

How's the weight? I got a two-tone cartier a while ago, but the lack of heft kinda put me off 

This is my biggest issue with a lot of reps, even the steel ones seems to be very light especially with Rolex's.

Always seems to  be the bracelet that lacks weight!

james green

Hi all, Anyone concerned about the gold plating, don't be. I accidentally scratched the side of one of the lugs on the crown side. Not sure how I did this, anyway, I buffed it out with T-Cut (metal polish) and the gold has not worn through at all. I have to say I am happy with the weight, it is not light, but not heavy like my DSSD either. It is comparable to my Gen Omega Speedmaster moon watch to wear.

jun_junmd

Nice  yg color

james green

I'm not too concerned if the gold plate wears away in a few places as I have brush plated watches in the past with gold solution and the results are amazing. Thanks.

rbcbx
27 minutes ago, james green said:

I'm not too concerned if the gold plate wears away in a few places as I have brush plated watches in the past with gold solution and the results are amazing. Thanks.

What gold solution do you use if I may ask? Looking into getting a plated watch but nervous about the plating holding up.

Edited by rbcbx

james green

I have purchased from spa plating via Ebay in the past. I first apply some of this and then wash off with distilled water:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPU-Compound-100ml/140566443487?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

then plate with this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gold-Brush-Plating-Solution-100ml-24ct/130552488980?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

using a variable power supply at around 4v. This solution will last a very long time for small retouches to lugs bracelets etc. i was initially sceptical but took the plunge and have been 

very happy with the finish achieved. My first project was to re-plate on old Tissot, with worn plating and the result was equally as good as new. 

Hope this helps.