fati

Hello folks!

Glaude

Hi fati and welcome !

Don't forget to post pics when you'll recieve your daytona :) 

(Are you Doctor No ?) 

mo05eoo

Wellcome fati

im also waiting for a Daytona to arrive I’ll post pics as soon as 

Thommo82

brang1

Thommo82
56 minutes ago, brang1 said:

I am a #4

Fixed it for ya buddy 

GingerApple
14 minutes ago, Thommo82 said:

Fixed it for ya buddy 

:rofl:

brang1
5 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Fixed it for ya buddy 

Spot on

fati

Kinda sad I didnt wait for the upcomming noob version, but wow that arf daytona is still quite a nice replica, didnt had time to take some proper picture yet. Tryed the chrono once, reseted, locked, and now im gona forget about it.

I was wondering, is this a good sign that the watch actually came running with remaining power after like 5 days transit ?

Make me believe that the rotor is doing his job correctly, some plz said it was too light to work correctly.  I adjusted time, slowly and gently gave it like 30 hand wind, seems to be working fine with no signifiant time lost in 24hrs.

Only minus I can find is the noisy rotor, at first I taugh that someting was going bad like wtf !! Guess Ill be able to live with that.

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, fati said:

Kinda sad I didnt wait for the upcomming noob version, but wow that arf daytona is still quite a nice replica, didnt had time to take some proper picture yet. Tryed the chrono once, reseted, locked, and now im gona forget about it.

I was wondering, is this a good sign that the watch actually came running with remaining power after like 5 days transit ?

Make me believe that the rotor is doing his job correctly, some plz said it was too light to work correctly.  I adjusted time, slowly and gently gave it like 30 hand wind, seems to be working fine with no signifiant time lost in 24hrs.

Only minus I can find is the noisy rotor, at first I taugh that someting was going bad like wtf !! Guess Ill be able to live with that.

They are damn noisy. If it bothers you, apparently it's a cheapish swap to an ETA rotor. That and a bit of oil should make the problem go away. It's relatively easy to do yourself too if you know what you're doing.

Don't worry about the Noob - you said you're not going to use the chrono anyway, so what's the point? Just wear your super ARF and enjoy!

fati
42 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

They are damn noisy. If it bothers you, apparently it's a cheapish swap to an ETA rotor. That and a bit of oil should make the problem go away. It's relatively easy to do yourself too if you know what you're doing.

Don't worry about the Noob - you said you're not going to use the chrono anyway, so what's the point? Just wear your super ARF and enjoy!

Hehe, read that post already, indeed I could do some research and get the proper tools,  but since I dont even know how to open it I guess I would be better for me to see a watchsmith even for that minor mod ! Im still in a learning path, at first I tough that the watch came with chrono running before I understood what second @6 meaned... lol

But does the fact that it came running after 5 days transit can assure me that this noisy rotor is still doing his job correctly otherwise it would be out of reserve ?

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, fati said:

But does the fact that it came running after 5 days transit can assure me that this noisy rotor is still doing his job correctly otherwise it would be out of reserve ?

Yeah, definitely.

I've only heard of one person who wasn't getting the watch wound properly with the standard rotor - they're noisy, but they do work (generally speaking).