Sign in to follow this  
crewldude

Oris Pro Diver 51mm review and pics

crewldude

Like many on RWG, I became intrigued with this watch after Balad1 posted some amazing pics and video of the gen: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=13134. Found a white dial "fantasy" version at TS, which turned out to be a 44.5mm (later measured at 47mm) Pro Diver/Carlos Coste amalgamation, which I ordered and received about 2 weeks ago. About that time, it was discovered that there was indeed a rep version of the full 51mm beast offered by a couple of trusted dealers, TimesShopNet and Mary at WatchInternational. I went with TS, mainly due to the great service and speedy delivery from a couple of other recent purchases. Got the watch today, and wanted to share my thoughts and pics. Balad1 has posted his own review and some great pics in the feedback forum for WatchInternational as well: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum...showtopic=13844

Obviously, this is a very large, substantial watch, at 51mm and 22mm tall. I don't have huge wrists, 7 1/2 inches, but I don't have a problem with it. Quality is good, given the realatively inexpensive price of $138. This and the white watch dial version are quartz, which is just fine with me. This isn't a 1:1 rep, but it's a beautiful watch IMHO. Bracelet is a little light, but that's a good thing given the huge size and weight of the watch. Looks to be the same bracelet on both versions. Going to have to remove several links, as this is a very large sized bracelet that will fit pretty much ANY size wrist.

Anyway, on to the pics:

4-92560639-1303484-800.jpg

4-98639553-1219054-800-1.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

2-A7EFDBA3-1246506-800-1.jpg

4-D04478B8-1370492-800.jpg

Here's a comparison to the white dial version:

4-7CD728C7-1552888-800.jpg

4-7FA3FB86-1295774-800.jpg

Here's a comparison to my Super Avenger:

IMAG0116.jpg

And a wristie:

SU1BRzAxMTguanBn.jpg

Edited by crewldude

dingle

very nice. I like both :)

Balad1

Great photos, here at RWG we're leading the way with info on this rep.

PS: I like the white face. Also did you see where Mary has the rep with orange markers in addition to the white?

Baldrick

I bet you're glad I posted those photos, eh Balad, look at all the kudos you're getting thumbsuphappyface.jpg:)

Balad1
I bet you're glad I posted those photos, eh Balad :)

You bet, now I have another rep that will probably sit in the watch box, lol

Balad1
I bet you're glad I posted those photos, eh Balad, look at all the kudos you're getting positivo1.gif

Yes, I live for the kudos from people like you Baldrick.

Baldrick

Glad you're happy with it, the kudos AND the Oris :)

Illuminati2

Hay man that some big fuck off watch]

crewldude

PS: I like the white face. Also did you see where Mary has the rep with orange markers in addition to the white?

I did...that's a sweet look too! I think TS has that one as well. Can't go wrong with either! I know Mary is the best...but we have a lot of options with some great dealers. That's what makes RWG the best :)

Please excuse my cheerleading...but it IS the truth! :)

Balad1

I did...that's a sweet look too! I think TS has that one as well. Can't go wrong with either! I know Mary is the best...but we have a lot of options with some great dealers. That's what makes RWG the best :)

Please excuse my cheerleading...but it IS the truth! :)

I agree and have bought from Mark with excellent results too.

Scavolas

Just have found this at an Aussie forum (Friends of Oris) comparing side-by-side the ProDiver and Carlos Coste LE Chrono (obviously, the gens):

ProDiver_032_100409med.jpg

4 mm is not a big difference, still the ProDiver is a more chunky guy...

Edited by Scavolas

jameo210369

They are growing on me, I love the look of them.

Balad1

Nice comparison photo

JohnG

I did...that's a sweet look too! I think TS has that one as well. Can't go wrong with either! I know Mary is the best...but we have a lot of options with some great dealers. That's what makes RWG the best :D

Please excuse my cheerleading...but it IS the truth! :thumbsup2:

I wish I had been a LITTLE bit more patient, I would have saved myself $50 if I had bought from TS.

Scavolas

Mary was very responsive on the SS bracelet issue. She even sent me photos of the black ProDiver and Carlos Coste LE Chrono turned to each other to show that their bracelets are interchangeable.

I ordered the bracelet from the black dial version for 50 USD and to get it as fast as possible with EMS, I added a rep for my lady, a Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso Classique White SS Quartz Ladies size on black leather bands. Keep my fingers crossed, the Carlos Coste LE Chrono had such an uneventful EMS shipping...

Balad1

I did...that's a sweet look too! I think TS has that one as well. Can't go wrong with either! I know Mary is the best...but we have a lot of options with some great dealers. That's what makes RWG the best :P

Please excuse my cheerleading...but it IS the truth! :D

I wish I had been a LITTLE bit more patient, I would have saved myself $50 if I had bought from TS.

I agree that we could have gotten it cheaper. In the past I've sent a link from other dealers website about what I want and she always beats the price. In this instance I asked her to hunt this rep down so I felt compelled to buy it from her without haggling.

Once you have your ProDiver on your wrist it will be all better John, lol.

Here's me yesterday:

WatchPics035.jpg

KeNnY

Balad, why again you have turned chrono ON !!!!!!!!!!! :P :D

Balad1

Cause it's cool Kenny, lol.

KeNnY

Nope Balad, you are wrong :popcorn:

Balad1

Nope Balad, you are wrong :popcorn:

OK, I will turn it off, just for you, lol

KeNnY

Thanks heaven and you for that, now finally I have my mind at peace when I have saved another soul from running chrono on its watch. :P

JohnG

Thanks heaven and you for that, now finally I have my mind at peace when I have saved another soul from running chrono on its watch. :rofl:

I just turned TWO chronos on. Cause its fucking cool. I have three others, maybe I will turn them all on.

KeNnY

Thanks heaven and you for that, now finally I have my mind at peace when I have saved another soul from running chrono on its watch. :rofl:

I just turned TWO chronos on. Cause its fucking cool. I have three others, maybe I will turn them all on.

lol John :rofl:

KeNnY

and here they go ! New "fantasy" versions of Prodivers with ETA 7750 movements are out.

some nice video about creating Prodiver

Greenhat

www.watcharoo.com... Has anyone got any feed back on Watcharoo? Thanks

imagesqtbnand9gcspjkiqa.jpg