Rod

Day-date 228206, textured ice blue dial: sticks vs roman numerals

Rod

Morning Lads,

need your kind feedback on this one. Have taken a liking to the DayDate 40 228206. For those not in the know, it's the Platinum DayDaye with ice-blue dial. Comes in two versions,  sticks or blued roman numerals.

After reading through the forum I'm assuming that build quality + font is better on Noob compared to BP, but wich of the two versions is closer to gen?

https://www.intime02.co/rollie/3468-day-date-40-228206-noob-1-1-best-edition-textured-ice-blue-dial-on-ss-president-bracelet-a3255.html

https://www.intime02.co/rollie/3467-day-date-40-228206-noob-1-1-best-edition-quadrant-textured-ice-blue-dial-on-ss-president-bracelet-a3255.html

Only flaw I could read of (except case material of course) are the sticks bigger than gen, anything else I'm missing? Blued Roman Numerals seems a pretty good rep.

Not an inconspicuos watch, I know, but as I'm not surrounded by WIS in my daily life,  just about any Rolex WILL get noticed.

Rod

Not a popular watch I gather! Any DD 40 fans who wants to pitch in?

WatchaholicMallorca

I had an older model of the blue hex dial, I might be wrong but I think the BP daydate is a better rep.

i have it in Yellow gold and also had a rose version which I also sold.

with regards to which is closer to gen I’d go with the first one, but again the BP Factory not the Noob 

Rod
11 hours ago, WatchaholicMallorca said:

I had an older model of the blue hex dial, I might be wrong but I think the BP daydate is a better rep.

i have it in Yellow gold and also had a rose version which I also sold.

with regards to which is closer to gen I’d go with the first one, but again the BP Factory not the Noob 

Thank you! I guess with regards to the blue hex dial BP is better than Noob in terms of colour right?

Do you think the same holds true also for the quadrant version? Just looking at pictures online it seems that the colour on the Noob is closer to gen than BP (which has way too much purple in it):

GEN

rolex-day-date-40mm-platinum-ice-blue-ro

NOOB

day-date-40-228206-noob-1-1-best-edition

BP

daydate-40mm-bp-best-228206ss-ice-blue-q

I think the pictures are better on Trusty's website, but I cannot attach his images.

NOOB: http://www.qcpics.com/index.php/RDD0203/DSCN9453

BP: http://www.qcpics.com/index.php/RDD0200B/DSCN7238

Edited by Rod

Lagger

I can't offer anything other than it's hard to get a colour like that to photo right and there are so many variables with displays etc, and Roman numerals suck, sticks all the way

Mr_B

I like the new Roman Numerals. The new Noob version is supposed to be the best but I have no hands on experience with them.

WatchaholicMallorca

I may be wrong, I was always under the impression BP made the better daydate, but I wasn’t aware Noob had released a newer version

heres my BP with romans

5988_A586-5_AA6-4_A5_E-_BCCB-_C49_DEE56_

Going on those photos Noob have the better dial,  on that particular version, for the hex dial I’d say BP

Rod
4 hours ago, WatchaholicMallorca said:

I may be wrong, I was always under the impression BP made the better daydate, but I wasn’t aware Noob had released a newer version

heres my BP with romans

5988_A586-5_AA6-4_A5_E-_BCCB-_C49_DEE56_

Going on those photos Noob have the better dial,  on that particular version, for the hex dial I’d say BP

Thanks for the feedback!

Rod
4 hours ago, Mr_B said:

I like the new Roman Numerals. The new Noob version is supposed to be the best but I have no hands on experience with them.

In general what's the consensus on Noob build quality? Is it on par with JF / ARF?

After receiving my AP RO V2J and being astonished by the build quality and gen-like feeling, I'm paying more attention to the factory producing the piece. I can accept a couple of flaws if the overall feeling is better and gen-like, if this makes sense...