BobJames

Newbie Advice please AP JF Diver v7

BobJames

Hi all, 

Thought I'd post for the first time on here. Basically i've owned quite a few gen Rolex models however I've got fed up with the ridiculous prices people are now asking for steel models etc so I've decided to take the plunge on a rep. 

After loads of reading I've decided to go for a JF ROO Diver V7 with an A2824 movement, closed back... Can't wait to get it really looks amazing.

I'm just wondering if the gen comes with a steel bracelet at all or just rubber strap? I'm considering ordering a steel bracelet with it but unsure if AP actually offer this? 

Lastly when I get the QC pics through is there any flaws these watches are prone to? 

Thanks everyone for taking time to read this

BlackjackWQ

I have one exactly like that, closed caseback and a2824. It's a great watch. Comes on  rubber, I'm not sure if there is a bracelet to fit it or not, but why would you want one. This watch is best on rubber imo. As for flaws. Just do your research and take a real close look at the watch to see if you notice anything wrong. There are plenty of threads for newcomers about this. 

lliu31

Haven't seen any on a bracelet. I think they come with the rep rubber which is fantastic in itself in my opinion. It's a large profile watch with some weight to it so the bracelet would be a bit much. If you google pics of this model, most of them are on rubber anyways. 

As well, the V7 is a safe choice. It is considered a super rep/NWBIG (not worth buying in gen). Granted, i've never owned or seen the gen, but it looks and feels top quality. I believe the only tell is the oscillations. The gen is a low-beat 6bph whereas the rep 2824 movement is a high-beat 8bph. The lume is good, the overall construction is fantastic, and the bezel actuates wonderfully. Lastly, I think the only other tells is the screws on the bezel not being as recessed as the gen, but people here have done the sunken bezel mod. If you want to go the extra mile, mod the movement with a low-beat ETA. All in all, it's a safe and good purchase. I had mine for about half a year before I sold it off to a friend. It's an iconic, high profile watch. Gen or rep, you're going to get stares and inquisitive questions. If you can handle the heat, go for it. 

BobJames
16 minutes ago, lliu31 said:

Haven't seen any on a bracelet. I think they come with the rep rubber which is fantastic in itself in my opinion. It's a large profile watch with some weight to it so the bracelet would be a bit much. If you google pics of this model, most of them are on rubber anyways. 

As well, the V7 is a safe choice. It is considered a super rep/NWBIG (not worth buying in gen). Granted, i've never owned or seen the gen, but it looks and feels top quality. I believe the only tell is the oscillations. The gen is a low-beat 6bph whereas the rep 2824 movement is a high-beat 8bph. The lume is good, the overall construction is fantastic, and the bezel actuates wonderfully. Lastly, I think the only other tells is the screws on the bezel not being as recessed as the gen, but people here have done the sunken bezel mod. If you want to go the extra mile, mod the movement with a low-beat ETA. All in all, it's a safe and good purchase. I had mine for about half a year before I sold it off to a friend. It's an iconic, high profile watch. Gen or rep, you're going to get stares and inquisitive questions. If you can handle the heat, go for it. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply really appreciate it.

I'll definitely consider modding with a low beat ETA aswell as looking into the sunken bezel. Is there anyone who you could recommend for the ETA mod? Sorry if I should be looking this up; took in a lot of info over the last couple of weeks but thought I should start asking some questions myself! 

lliu31

Not a problem.  For mod recommendations, it depends where you are. Are you in Asia, EU, US?

BobJames

Sorry forgot to mention I'm from UK

drifterr

You can get them in bracelet as well but it's quite heavy and cost is circa 450 USD vs350 USD for rubber

Imo best suits on rubber strap.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ieweey

One other thing to note. The case back screws come loose easily. I lost one within a couple of days of light wear. Make sure u tighten them nicely first. 

Eagl3

Gen doesn't come with bracelet but the bracelet from the ROO will fit without mods. I hate rubber straps, so I got my v7 diver with a bracelet. Really love the bracelet, makes it quite flashy like most breitlings. IMO the bracelet is super comfortable. 

drifterr
Gen doesn't come with bracelet but the bracelet from the ROO will fit without mods. I hate rubber straps, so I got my v7 diver with a bracelet. Really love the bracelet, makes it quite flashy like most breitlings. IMO the bracelet is super comfortable. 
So the bracelet from my roo with fit diver v7 ?

Both are JF .

Are you certain?

Eagl3
On 2/22/2018 at 00:59, drifterr said:

So the bracelet from my roo with fit diver v7 ?

Both are JF .

Are you certain?

No idea about our reps, just quoting what gen owners have said. But in theory if our reps physically match the gens then yes a ROO bracelet will work with the diver

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/ap-roo-diver-bracelet-2530002.html

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=431214

JSJ

@BobJames for QC all you can do is check for obvious flaws, marks which are specific differences from the original pictures on the dealer's site where you ordered.

You have to rely on the dealer checking the watch functions as it should.

There's a thread here on how to check QC pics.

Good luck and I hope it goes well for you.

drifterr
No idea about our reps, just quoting what gen owners have said. But in theory if our reps physically match the gens then yes a ROO bracelet will work with the diver
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/ap-roo-diver-bracelet-2530002.html
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=431214
Just got confirmation it will not fit on the reps

Diver is, 28 mm 15400 is 26 mm

Eagl3
5 hours ago, drifterr said:

Just got confirmation it will not fit on the reps

Diver is, 28 mm 15400 is 26 mm

15400 is not a ROO (Royal Oak Offshore). It's just a Royal Oak (RO)...

Lakdeuz

The ap diver exists with the steel bracelet even though the vast majority wear it with rubber.

it's a different one from the 15400 etc, it has a more rounded style links

it costs around 2000usd 

look here : https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=356807