biasedlake91

Help please haha

biasedlake91

Hi guys,

So i posted before asking about should I send a watch back to be repaired or should i repair it myself. The consensus was to repair it myself. Few questions if any watch wizz kids could help out. So I have a v7 dssd, upon speaking to my watchsmith he has said it may be a simple strip and oil job, or could be replacement parts or could be a replacement movement. What would be the general cost of these jobs?

Also if it where a strip and oil how long would you expect that to take?

Thanks,

Jamie.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

So i posted before asking about should I send a watch back to be repaired or should i repair it myself. The consensus was to repair it myself. Few questions if any watch wizz kids could help out. So I have a v7 dssd, upon speaking to my watchsmith he has said it may be a simple strip and oil job, or could be replacement parts or could be a replacement movement. What would be the general cost of these jobs?

Thanks,
Jamie.

It is also a 2836 movement, can a genuine ETA be fitted to this model? Does the dial fit please etc?

tripdog123

So you've started a thread in which the topic is a quote by yourself of the thread which you've started of which the topic is a quote by yourself of the thread which you started. 

To answer your question, that depends.

Servicing the movement would/could/should cost around $100 if no parts are needed. If parts are needed it will cost more. Work on it should take about an hour, may be more, but the watch smith is the only one who can tell how long it will be between you dropping off the watch and him calling you to say it's ready - it could be 2 days or 2 months.

A new movement costs about $90 - $100.

HorFan

Hi guys,

Thanks,
Jamie.

It is also a 2836 movement, can a genuine ETA be fitted to this model? Does the dial fit please etc?

Yes, you can install gen eta 2836, everything will fit.

Xpletiv

What did your "watchsmith" tell you it would cost?

biasedlake91
What did your "watchsmith" tell you it would cost?
He didn't... Otherwise would be a pretty stupid question no? My question was aimed at people who have been in a similar situation to myself or someone savvy with watches who perhaps knows a common fault with this movement.

Wriggles

It is a bit of a stupid question, it's very much conditional and the cost aspect is completely down to the watchsmith....it is the quintessential "how long is a piece of string"...

biasedlake91
It is a bit of a stupid question, it's very much conditional and the cost aspect is completely down to the watchsmith....it is the quintessential "how long is a piece of string"...
Again I refer to the above statement of "it was aimed at people who have had similar experiences, or someone who is savvy with watches and knows of potential common causes in this movement" but thanks for your input wriggles.

Wriggles
40 minutes ago, biasedlake91 said:

Again I refer to the above statement of "it was aimed at people who have had similar experiences, or someone who is savvy with watches and knows of potential common causes in this movement" but thanks for your input wriggles.

8posts and barely a wet day and being snotty. You'll do well here....

And well done on actually thanking those people who attempted to give some response to your widely open and unspecific question. Good to see you were raised with manners.....

Twat

Jibuti

fuck it Wriggles, OP already told you to piss of if you have no experience.. like I have not..oh wait....

biasedlake91
8posts and barely a wet day and being snotty. You'll do well here....
And well done on actually thanking those people who attempted to give some response to your widely open and unspecific question. Good to see you were raised with manners.....
Twat
Mate I'm new to this forum yes, this is because rwi isn't working. My apologies for not being a member of this forum for as long as you. However I see you post on every god damn thread, acting like the almighty, I'm glad you have something in your life that makes you feel like you are valid and worthy, significant even. Keep it up buddy, I'm glad you have that. I bet you're a real blast to be around. As for my up bringing that is not for you to comment on. You know literally nothing about me, however what I can tell you is this. Someone who has to justify their existence by making others feel less significant than themselves is someone with some real personal issues, was it in fact your up bringing where the issues lie? Perhaps not i know nothing about you either. Perhaps your a troll who gets a wee stiffy from being an obnoxious arsehole. I dunno all speculation.

However the actual reason in here is to learn and enjoy a hobby. So far the people i have met especially on rwi have been amazing. So friendly and a wealth of knowledge. In fact they have made an environment where you can feel valid and like your questions and opinions have meaning. It's great you can actually enjoy something your passionate about. You however are not. I had been wondering where all the 'wriggles' characters where hiding, found him!

Have a nice day and try not to be an arsehole.

Glaude

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "this will be fun gif"

Wriggles
1 hour ago, biasedlake91 said:

Mate I'm new to this forum yes, this is because rwi isn't working. My apologies for not being a member of this forum for as long as you. However I see you post on every god damn thread, acting like the almighty, I'm glad you have something in your life that makes you feel like you are valid and worthy, significant even. Keep it up buddy, I'm glad you have that. I bet you're a real blast to be around. As for my up bringing that is not for you to comment on. You know literally nothing about me, however what I can tell you is this. Someone who has to justify their existence by making others feel less significant than themselves is someone with some real personal issues, was it in fact your up bringing where the issues lie? Perhaps not i know nothing about you either. Perhaps your a troll who gets a wee stiffy from being an obnoxious arsehole. I dunno all speculation.

However the actual reason in here is to learn and enjoy a hobby. So far the people i have met especially on rwi have been amazing. So friendly and a wealth of knowledge. In fact they have made an environment where you can feel valid and like your questions and opinions have meaning. It's great you can actually enjoy something your passionate about. You however are not. I had been wondering where all the 'wriggles' characters where hiding, found him!

Have a nice day and try not to be an arsehole.

You're right, you know absolutely zero fuck all about me, and have in all your suppositions been completely and utterly wrong. Oh yeah, I'm not actually on every thread, maybe you've just been stalking me. 

For someone who's making a big song and dance about how personal attacks show serious issues, you've gone on quite the personal attack at me, as opposed to my comment which was far from a personal attack.  Maybe time to check in the mirror and get some help

I made a simple comment in response to your quite smart assed comment to Xpletiv. Which you then got shirty over and smart assed back to me. I'm no shrinking violet and when someone acts a dick I call it, maybe you have gone through life without anyone challenging anything you've ever said and feel that on a public forum everyone should agree with you and don't like when people don't or call you on it, but hey welcome to the real world.  

You can be as snide or obnoxious as you like with your responses to me, you're clearing trolling for a response, but if you really think I'm one the bad characters on here you may need to buckle down for the ride, if you keep being a dick you'll meet far worse.

Still waiting for you to provide a single thank you to anybody who has helped you, you seem only interested in having a go at people, so yeah, dragged up if you ask me.

biasedlake91
You're right, you know absolutely zero fuck all about me, and have in all your suppositions been completely and utterly wrong. Oh yeah, I'm not actually on every thread, maybe you've just been stalking me. 
I made a simple comment in response to your quite smart assed comment to Xpletiv. Which you then got shirty over and smart assed back to me. I'm no shrinking violet and when someone acts a dick I call it, maybe you have gone through life without anyone challenging anything you've ever said and feel that on a public forum everyone should agree with you and don't like when people don't or call you on it, but hey welcome to the real world.  Good to see though that you've recognised that you have personal issues, acceptance is a good step, keep working on it, think you've a long way to go
You can be as snide or obnoxious as you like with your responses to me, you're clearing trolling for a response, but if you really think I'm one the bad characters on here you may need to buckle down for the ride, if you keep being a dick you'll meet far worse.
Still waiting for you to provide a single thank you to anybody who has helped you, you seem only interested in having a go at people, so yeah, dragged up if you ask me.

My point of this observations where to simulate the sames unsubstantiated claims you made about me. I see that flew over your head. You also made the same points i made but used them against me? I dunno how that works, lol. Anyways any thread i have seen someone being an arsehole it has bee you. Consistently, that's what i mean.

As for issues I'm not sure where you got that from in fact I'm perfectly fine thank you for your concern. The part i wrote about people having issues was me making unsubstantiated claims, Yano how you did in your first comment to me. Again i would go back and read them again, perhaps slow it down, take your time.

Anyways to sum up, i don't want anyone to agree with me? How does a person go about agreeing with a question? That's what i originally posted. Point 2 if i can't make claims about you, then you can not do the same. That was the point i was trying to make.

Anyways you're a fucking prick, enjoy the rest of your day, and keep up all your great work with advertising that.

biasedlake91
So you've started a thread in which the topic is a quote by yourself of the thread which you've started of which the topic is a quote by yourself of the thread which you started. 
To answer your question, that depends.
Servicing the movement would/could/should cost around $100 if no parts are needed. If parts are needed it will cost more. Work on it should take about an hour, may be more, but the watch smith is the only one who can tell how long it will be between you dropping off the watch and him calling you to say it's ready - it could be 2 days or 2 months.
A new movement costs about $90 - $100.
Thanks tripdog, I left it in with the watch smith i had asked him for pricing but he wasn't able to quote as he isn't sure obviously, i mean. It's fair enough all I was it a ball park haha. I also asked him to price a genuine ETA 2836, he came back and said £145 for an unsealed movement or £260 for a sealed movement. What is the difference? Thanks again for your help

Wriggles
6 minutes ago, biasedlake91 said:

My point of this observations where to simulate the sames unsubstantiated claims you made about me. I see that flew over your head. You also made the same points i made but used them against me? I dunno how that works, lol. Anyways any thread i have seen someone being an arsehole it has bee you. Consistently, that's what i mean.

As for issues I'm not sure where you got that from in fact I'm perfectly fine thank you for your concern. The part i wrote about people having issues was me making unsubstantiated claims, Yano how you did in your first comment to me. Again i would go back and read them again, perhaps slow it down, take your time.

Anyways to sum up, i don't want anyone to agree with me? How does a person go about agreeing with a question? That's what i originally posted. Point 2 if i can't make claims about you, then you can not do the same. That was the point i was trying to make.

Anyways you're a fucking prick, enjoy the rest of your day, and keep up all your great work with advertising that.

You really think these things through far too much, and really go OTT.

Read back my comments? No need, they were very simple and non aggressive, unlike all your snide responses. I won't waste more of my energy on a shitstain like yourself, but at least I managed to get you to actually provide a thank you to someone for their help, so my time wasn't completely wasted.

By the way, as it seems to be a difficult concept to grasp, unsealed means it's probably second hand, or the source is unclear and the condition not necessarily pristine, Sealed means it's come unmolested from ETA, either directly or via a re-seller, so should be brand spanking new. You're welcome

biasedlake91
You really think these things through far too much, and really go OTT.
Read back my comments? No need, they were very simple and non aggressive, unlike all your snide responses. I won't waste more of my energy on a shitstain like yourself, but at least I managed to get you to actually provide a thank you to someone for their help, so my time wasn't completely wasted.
By the way, as it seems to be a difficult concept to grasp, unsealed means it's probably second hand, or the source is unclear and the condition not necessarily pristine, Sealed means it's come unmolested from ETA, either directly or via a re-seller, so should be brand spanking new. You're welcome
Well thank you for being constructive, much appreciated.