RoninD

Video - Comparing Two Replica 007 Seamasters - DHGate & TD

RoninD

Hi guys! My 007 Omega replica from DHgate arrived. This one was $108 and the one from the TD was $275 USD.

The cheaper didn't have the 007 counter-weight on the seconds hand, but did have the correct case back and clasp. 

The cheaper also has a band that doesn't have as good a polished finished, but it does appear slightly bigger. 

The bezel does not turn as nicely. 

Like the one from the Trusted dealer, it does have a bezel from a subsequent seamaster, which I like, as it matches the watch better. 

I made a video for youtube here: 

Glaude

That was a nice face to face review, not very common to see a DHGate vs TD ! Thank you for doing it 

NFleischer

Thanks for posting, but never was a fan of that swirly dial.

smooney

Enjoyed that, thanks for sharing 

VegasGuy

Very good comparison of the two watches. Both had pros and cons; seems a little hard to justify the higher priced one, especially since the cheaper one came with a box.

RoninD
4 hours ago, VegasGuy said:

Very good comparison of the two watches. Both had pros and cons; seems a little hard to justify the higher priced one, especially since the cheaper one came with a box.

The dearer one has a very nice band, polished metal. It has a better movement (I can’t say for sure, as I haven’t worn the 2nd watch,  it I think it lost a minute over 24 hours.)  Overall it seems like a luxury watch, while the cheaper feels like a fossil or swatch watch,  or other cheaper brand. Also the second hand is much thinner on the black one, which makes it seem more high end. I think it’s the sum of its parts that makes me like the black one better.

fatarms

Nice review.  Pretty clear and concise.  Good to show noobs the difference between the different levels of reps.  Well done...

...Except for the Oh-meee-guh :lol:  

RoninD

I left out on the review that the bezel on the cheaper one doesn’t turn very well. 

FL13

OMEEGUH.

Kills me :)

RoninD
2 hours ago, FL13 said:

OMEEGUH.

Kills me :)

Seriously mocking my accent? That's how we pronounce GA in my country. 

RoninD

We don't say "oh-meh-gah" in my country, we say "oh-mee-guh", that's just how it is. 

So does Archie! 

FL13
7 hours ago, RoninD said:

Seriously mocking my accent? That's how we pronounce GA in my country. 

lol it was great, other than the Omeeega. And Archie annoys me. MINTY MINTY MINTY! :D

fatarms

Well if Archie says it that way, then it must be right.  :lol:

I know that's how you guys say it, just makes me laugh because I've never heard it pronounced that way until I got here.

We say Oh-MAY-guh

You say Uh-MEE-guh

Archie says Mutha Fucka.

RoninD
6 hours ago, fatarms said:

Well if Archie says it that way, then it must be right.  :lol:

I know that's how you guys say it, just makes me laugh because I've never heard it pronounced that way until I got here.

We say Oh-MAY-guh

You say Uh-MEE-guh

Archie says Mutha Fucka.

It’s not even meant to be “Oh-May- guh”,  it’s “oh-meh-gah”.

RoninD
1 hour ago, fatarms said:

The sound "ay" is an English language sound, it would be a "eh" in a European language like French, Greek, Spanish, etc. Subtle difference to you or me but I've studied Spanish and you'd be surprised at these subtitles that stick out like sore thumbs to them. But hey, they can't hear the difference between beach and bitch so it works both ways. 

fatarms

If you've studied Spanish, you'd know that an "e" makes the"ay" sound.  

:lol: I'm just busting your balls bud, playing around. 

RoninD

They don't have the ay sound. E = eh. A = ah. They're a 5 vowel sound language. English has around 36. 

Glaude

You can pronounce how you want, there's some manufacturer (like JLC) that don't even want to enter the "how do you pronounce it" game.

But if we state fact : it's indeed oh-meh-ga, because it's just the Greek letter : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega

But don't worry RoninD they're just busting your balls a little. ;) 

RoninD

You're right, oh meh ga, it's just a country to country variation. I laugh at how Americans say Nissan. We say "niss-sin" and they say "KNEE-san" like they're Japanese or something. 

Same with Nokia. We say "KNOCK-key-ah", and they say "no-KEY-ah". I asked someone from Finland and it's definitely not "no-KEY-ah".  Premiere bugs me as well. That's a 3 syllable french word, and they made it two, "pree-mere", instead of "prem-ee-air". And they call their main dishes on the menu "entree"! I got confused when I opened the menu and it said Starters and entree, instead of 'entre and main". 

Glaude

We all have our pet peeves about language, as a French I think most of my fellow countrymen can annoy the fuck out every English speaker when pronouncing any English brand !
One of the things that makes me laugh is Porsche pronounced as Porchia by people really really into cars (or more precisely that pretend being into cars but cannot even locate the place of the engine of certain Porsche model)

RoninD
58 minutes ago, Glaude said:

We all have our pet peeves about language, as a French I think most of my fellow countrymen can annoy the fuck out every English speaker when pronouncing any English brand !
One of the things that makes me laugh is Porsche pronounced as Porchia by people really really into cars (or more precisely that pretend being into cars but cannot even locate the place of the engine of certain Porsche model)

I used to purposely call it Porchia to annoy a girl I once knew :D
The only thing that annoys me about French speakers is that they make the sound 'errh' in between words. In English we say "um" and the Irish say "em". But "errh"  can get annoying. 

Glaude

Never heard any French doing that, I don't do "thinking" sounds usually, but it's more 'hmm' than Errhh.

What will be your next video review ?