TRANSPORTER

Shrinking wrists, loose watch

TRANSPORTER

Ok guys this has probably been done a few times and call me lazy  but im starting it again, im in the middle of the cold body to warm body and hence my wrists seem to want to do their own thing and shrink during the day then go large again later on, bloody temperature does it, that being said my 45mm PO pumpkin now slams itself down onto my hand when it's cold, ive taken a link out the strap but when the temperature rises and the old wrist expands it's a little too uncomfortable.

Now on my submariners I have the facility of the glide lock allowing me to micro adjust during the day, but the PO doesn't have this ability, so im looking at either a deployment, but I think I'll have the same problem with that as I do with the stainless bracelet,  or a rubber (strap), looking around I see a few , badapple has a lovely deployment on a PO which is part cloth and rubber in two tone, would like that with a buckle on so I can adjust to fit during the day.

Anyone have any pointers apart from changing jobs where I'm not out in the cold getting submerged in water or just battered but freezing wind most days.

NCRich

Velcro

narikaa

Two watches

Mr_B

NATO?

TRANSPORTER

All good answers guys, but im drawn towards a strap that's abit classy aswell as practicable

tabuktime

Something to bulk up the wrists permanently ;)

:handjob:

TRANSPORTER

Hahahahahah, got your missus to that for me mate lol

TRANSPORTER

On another note, i scoured Ali and found a nice looking rubber, black with orange stitching, it had a five star rating and pictures aswell so for £18 and free P&P I’ll give it a go, will let you know when it arrives

Hyjynx

If you’re having such extreme fluctuations in the size of your wrists in the space of hours, there may be other factors at play other than “bloody temperature.” You may be prone to water retention. Excessive consumption of salt, alcohol, caffeine and certain medicines are the usual suspects.

zulu44gmt

Get a tissot PRC200. The micro adjustment is horrible (google it and you’ll see). I have one that I can fit on Wednesday’s after 3 days of binge drinking- otherwise it’s too loose to wear any other time. Sounds like it would fit you perfectly( except on Wednesday’s). I’m kidding of course.

On my wrist larger watches fit best with leathers and nylons. Smaller watches like Rolex and Seiko I can wear metals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRANSPORTER

Cheers zulu, sounds like you share the same prole,  I don't have any medica problems causing it, freezing water and driving open topped vehicles can make your body do some freaky things, anyway enough of that, ill see how the strap from Ali turns out, but I must say if this was a gen and this bracelet was like this then if know I wouldn't be parting with a few grand for it.

fatarms

What about using some sort of ratchet buckle/clasp with the strap you bought?

tabuktime
21 hours ago, TRANSPORTER said:

Hahahahahah, got your missus to that for me mate lol

She must be doing it for someone, definitely not me! :rofl:

TRANSPORTER

Ok guys strap arrived, nice quality and a good fit, it’s a deployment style, first one I’ve had, this is the type that you don’t have to cut the strap to fit, meaning I can adjust the fit as the day goes on if needed. What I have found is that due to it being rubber it grips the wrist better than the bracelet, so with the first fitting I haven’t had to adjust it so far.

obviously now the large 45mm PO is a lot lighter without the weight of the bracelet so I think I have solved my problem.

10_F159_F5-635_C-4402-_BD17-7_E5_C4_B016

35949_C32-9_B0_F-41_D2-_A6_F8-5987_D638_

BE68_BEA0-4_A9_D-4992-_AF5_D-3181_AB2_B6

zulu44gmt

Haha that’s great! I’m laughing because that combo also fits my wrist well- but the 42 and 43.mm GMT on bracelet don’t- cheers!!!

And wear it well cause that’s a great look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRANSPORTER

Cheers Zulu, had it on all day, closed it up one hole as I was outside most of the day and it sat nicely on the wrist, much better now than it did on the bracelet.