Luxuracer

Quick Review: Seamaster James Bond 007 50th Anniversary - A21J

Luxuracer

During my 3 weeks traveling Southeast Asia, I bought 6 watches (all is NOT on my wish-list). That is what "lonely" nights in hotel room will do to you.

One of those watches is a Seamaster James Bond 007 50th Anniversary with a cheapy A21J movement. 

I wasn't expected much from it since I only paid $148 (plus cc fee and shipping of course) for it. It was a pleasant surprise when I received it. The case construction is solid. Both polished and brushed correctly. It has a good weight. The dial is brilliant in details. The bezel is unidirectional and click very nicely, except it has a little play when you turn it counter-clockwise. The insert is shiny and the white/red markers are well engraved. The bracelet is beautiful with make the watch look luxury (even though the links are pinned not screwed). The movement winds very smooth and it starts as soon as you pick it up. The second hand moves fairly fluid for an A21J. It has a semi-closed beautifully engraved caseback.

Here come the pictures;

IMG_20180225_193927.jpg

IMG_20180225_194044.jpg

IMG_20180225_194301.jpg

IMG_20180225_194419.jpg

IMG_20180225_194516.jpg

IMG_20180225_194754.jpg

IMG_20180225_195646.jpg

And of course a wristy

28503740_1828222550542013_705950996_o.jp 

WatchDog21

Cool, I prefer this one over the "gun barrel" swirl dial, but 6 Watches on vacation!  WOW!

Luxuracer
39 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

Cool, I prefer this one over the "gun barrel" swirl dial, but 6 Watches on vacation!  WOW!

I love the dial too!

About the 6 watches ... the funny part is none of them is on my wish list ! :cry:

iabounty

Interesting choice of watch and a very well put together review. The pictures helped the review move forward. 

Would this review sway me one way or the other to buy or not to buy this watch.............

Only the SHADOW knows..................  

Genius

That's quite nice for a cheapie where did you get it?

Luxuracer
43 minutes ago, iabounty said:

Interesting choice of watch and a very well put together review. The pictures helped the review move forward. 

Would this review sway me one way or the other to buy or not to buy this watch.............

Only the SHADOW knows..................  

Since I bought this one and it turned out really nice ... I will start a James Bond Collection.

Luxuracer
4 minutes ago, Genius said:

I was surprised. I did not have time to do a close inspection, but I think it might be a BP with a A2813 21J inside.

Luxuracer
42 minutes ago, Genius said:

I got it from Robbie ... aootime01.com

Glaude

Thanks for the review King ! 

The watch look really big on your wrist, is this just an optical effect due to the angle ?

Luxuracer
7 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Thanks for the review King ! 

The watch look really big on your wrist, is this just an optical effect due to the angle ?

I am glad you like it.

The watch is 41mm ... It's not big at all ... I have not sized it correctly so it a little bit loose. Also I zoom in too much make it looks big.

Luxuracer

Another wristie

28500543_1828671090497159_1868227074_o.j

Junior88

That IS nice for a cheapie. I ordered the same Seamaster Thommo82 got, and it hasn't even been shipped yet. I ordered it Feb 4th

Luxuracer
2 hours ago, 88juniorfan said:

That IS nice for a cheapie. I ordered the same Seamaster Thommo82 got, and it hasn't even been shipped yet. I ordered it Feb 4th

Somehow I got lucky with this one ... There is one of those 6 is a fuck-up!

Junior88

Well sir, wear it in good health.... 

Until you break it. :)

Luxuracer
12 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Well sir, wear it in good health.... 

Until you break it. :)

This will be my daily ... rotating with my LMPO!

LMPO_PO_01.jpg

HarryHaddock

Cool James Bond 

Junior88

Fuck. That LMPO is nice too. 

donkacper

I ordered the MK version from Ryan, will show you some pics when it arrives, I wonder how it will compare with this cheaper version

Wysłane z mojego BBB100-2 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Kernow

The more expensive version should have the small lume market at 3 - that’s the most obvious tell. Otherwise it’s just a little better in the finishing and detail. 

Luxuracer
On 3/4/2018 at 02:30, donkacper said:

I ordered the MK version from Ryan, will show you some pics when it arrives, I wonder how it will compare with this cheaper version

Can't wait to see the picture of your new watch. 

VegasGuy

Great pictures! That looks like the same model as the one I got from Andrew at TT. I’ve had mine for almost 2 years, and it’s always worked perfectly. My only grumbles are the missing the small marker at 3 o’clock and that my “limited edition” number is 00001/11007. I also have a 40th Anniversary 007 Speedmaster with the same A2813 movement  which is 10 years old, and it is still in my rotation. Great looking watch and I feel a good value for the money.

2018-03-10_11.54.56.jpg

2018-03-10_10.43.17.jpg

Edited by VegasGuy

Luxuracer
12 minutes ago, VegasGuy said:

Great pictures! That looks like the same model as the one I got from Andrew at TT. I’ve had mine for almost 2 years, and it’s always worked perfectly. My only grumbles are the missing the small marker at 3 o’clock and that my “limited edition” number is 00001/11007. I also have a 40th Anniversary 007 Speedmaster with the same A2813 movement  which is 10 years old, and it is still in my rotation. Great looking watch and I feel a good value for the money.

2018-03-10_10.43.17.jpg

Thanks buddy!

These 007 are fun to collect ... so I just start out with A21J to see how they are. I will get better quality one if I like them. So far this one is great.

donkacper

Received mine, it's MK version purchased from TD, great looking watch! af4fe1afa50dd0d6627fdc5ca750b41d.jpge7712ff1eed764455fddedd1bf9ea625.jpg

Luxuracer
46 minutes ago, donkacper said:

Received mine, it's MK version purchased from TD, great looking watch!

e7712ff1eed764455fddedd1bf9ea625.jpg

Beautiful ... buddy!

The Seamaster 50th Anniversary watch is one most beautiful Bond's watch.

donkacper
Beautiful ... buddy!
The Seamaster 50th Anniversary watch is one most beautiful Bond's watch.
I think it's just perfect, love the dial, the way it looks black most of the time, but sometimes just a quick flash of the 007. It's perfect size and I love the wide bracelet, much more then the tapered ones like on for example Rolex. b321b35f43b72bda14c0ae88254adbdb.jpg