AnthonyMarc

IWC pilot chrono won't wind automatically

AnthonyMarc

I bought an Omega PO a couple years ago and when it arrived it there was a problem with the winding mechanism.  So I sent it back.  Apparently it got lost somewhere along the line, but Tony was a champ and said he would still replace it.  I had actually purchased the watch to replace one I thought was broken, but I had since gotten it repaired, so I asked him to send me an IWC Pilot Chrono instead.  It was a little less than the Omega I had purchased originally, so it worked out well for him.  Well, when this one arrived I found that it would not wind except by hand.  I can keep this on a winder forever and it will not wind.  Since I had just had such a great experience with sending a product back and never having it arrive, I decided to hang onto it and just deal with hand winding it.  

It is a Valjoux 7750 movement and I don't know why the rotor won't wind the watch.  It's been like that since day 1, so I know I didn't break it.  It's not really a big deal, but I would like to know it actually winds properly so I can maybe sell it or trade it off to someone at some point.  Any idea of who I can send a replica to in order to have them check the movement?  I've never opened the caseback on this watch to see if anything looks wrong, but it doesn't feel like it.  The rotor spins freely and it keeps really accurate time, so I don't know what could be stopping the rotor from actually winding the movement.  Unless that is just the way it was designed (which would be stupid).

mo05eoo

Look on the forum .... for nick
Someone pointed him to me today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenTLe

It most probably because of the reversing wheel. I had a couple of mine doing that. Fixed with a proper cleaning of that special gear.
The problem is that is difficult to put it back together later. Definitely not something for a newbie...