Junior88

My budding collection...

Junior88

Latest addition to the collection is the DHGate cheapie "Jaeger LeCoultre 2121" I call it that, because it says Jaeger LeCoultre on it, and on the back it says 2121. 

I can find absolutely nothing that looks exactly like this watch, so I'm pretty positive that it's another fantasy watch much like the famous Gate Vacheron Constantin.  The strap is thin and shitty, but this one actually feels like it might be some sort of leather.  Probably not.  It's quartz, so timekeeping is spot on. It's light. It has Jaeger LeCoultre etched onto the clasp, nice little touch. 

All in all, it's a decent looking dress type watch, if nothing else. Here it is:

iWNKwwp.jpg59Vy5xf.jpgJRMwKCI.jpgTjOiwSB.jpgx79sTU0.jpg?1

Glaude
13 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

I can find absolutely nothing that looks exactly like this watch, so I'm pretty positive that it's another fantasy watch much like the famous Gate Vacheron Constantin.  The strap is thin and shitty, but this one actually feels like it might be some sort of leather.  Probably not.  It's quartz, so timekeeping is spot on. It's light. It has Jaeger LeCoultre etched onto the clasp, nice little touch. 

If only somebody made a post about it .... 

Junior88
13 minutes ago, Glaude said:

If only somebody made a post about it .... 

Well isn't that just fucking ducky. Fucking bagel :)

I never did see that post, until now. 

Junior88

And here's the latest addition, a quartz Omega SeaMaster Planet Ocean Pumpkin from DHGate.  $21. It does feel kinda cheap, but the strap actually feels pretty good.  It looks the part a little better than it feels it, at least to me. Not much weight to it, obviously. Wouldn't bother me at all wearing it as a beater on a daily basis. Being a quartz, keeps excellent time. 

5dZYzpd.jpgdcS1vNz.jpgaMI2TxG.jpg9TWbhtT.jpgOiuJgN0.jpgff8BQw5.jpgs3PucQY.jpg

Junior88

Here's the latest, a Breitling Skyland Avenger 47mm. This was an M2M purchase from @WatchDog21 Rather a heavy piece, even though it's quartz. I believe it's even heavier than my DSSD to be honest, and the Breitling bracelet looks amazing on it.  Beautiful watch, thanks again @WatchDog21!

iu4udzX.jpgZjn0e86.jpgRPsD2vu.jpgZT43Ijd.jpgYtkbTjV.jpg

Arkangel786

Holy shit dude!! You are most definitely a connoisseur of fine watches! One helluva collection you have there bud.

Junior88
8 minutes ago, Arkangel786 said:

Holy shit dude!! You are most definitely a connoisseur of fine watches! One helluva collection you have there bud.

Thank you, but my collection absolutely pales in comparison to most others on here. I've just been vain enough to post what I've acquired so far! 

Junior88

And, the latest group shot. Note that all watches in my watchbox are now reps, none of my previous watches are in it any longer.  Time for another/bigger watch box! 

ysSAoKf.jpg

IkusdvG.jpg

Junior88

Here's the latest to join the watchbox (not true since it's full and I don't have anywhere to put this one, or the other two still in transit.)

It's some sort of Panerai, no idea what number. It's a DHGate purchase that I clicked buy on, when I was pretty much completely inebriated. That'll teach me.  I tried to cancel the transaction, and the seller initially refused. After ignoring me for a couple of weeks, she emailed me to ask what I wanted to do. I told her to ship it and I'll use it as a life lesson on how not to shop the Gate drunk.

That said, I like it. I actually like it a lot, and I WILL buy a higher end rep of this or close to it.  The lume is awesome (shocking) the watch is VERY comfortable, and the strap is unbelievable. This is easily the best quality strap I've received on any rep yet, Gate or not.  It's quartz, hence the closed caseback but at least you know that timekeeping is accurate. 

So yeah, here it is. It actually worked out well for me in terms of it being a stupid drunken expenditure. 

(Edit: I have since moved this watch on. My father-in-law needed a watch and I put this one on a really nice Kevlar strap and gave it to him.  He loves it and refuses to take it off.)

txRtlb4.jpg

wUo18RM.jpg

Lhp5W7o.jpgN8fIhmK.jpghKrllIM.jpgLM5GegF.jpg

dC4PD2w.jpg7cXGL8z.jpg

Luxuracer

Nice catch ... that lume alone would open @Glaude's eyes!!! :rofl:

Glaude
1 hour ago, 88juniorfan said:

Here's the latest to join the watchbox (not true since it's full and I don't have anywhere to put this one, or the other two still in transit.)

It's some sort of Panerai, no idea what number. It's a DHGate purchase that I clicked buy on, when I was pretty much completely inebriated. That'll teach me.  I tried to cancel the transaction, and the seller initially refused. After ignoring me for a couple of weeks, she emailed me to ask what I wanted to do. I told her to ship it and I'll use it as a life lesson on how not to shop the Gate drunk.

That said, I like it. I actually like it a lot, and I WILL buy a higher end rep of this or close to it.  The lume is awesome (shocking) the watch is VERY comfortable, and the strap is unbelievable. This is easily the best quality strap I've received on any rep yet, Gate or not.  It's quartz, hence the closed caseback but at least you know that timekeeping is accurate. 

So yeah, here it is. It actually worked out well for me in terms of it being a stupid drunken expenditure. 

Wow, that's nowhere near as bad as the DHGate product page was ! You got lucky this time !

Junior88
1 minute ago, Glaude said:

Wow, that's nowhere near as bad as the DHGate product page was ! You got lucky this time !

Yeah, I thought so too. 

I get lucky on the Gate A LOT. :)

Junior88

And today, this one showed up at my door. Yes, it's another DHGate purchase. 

Not as good quality as what I've kind of gotten used to (rather, gotten lucky with) from the Gate, but this one still really looks nice. It IS an automatic, not a quartz. It was $31. 

Unfortunately this one showed up with the crown and stem bent. Still functional, but I disputed with the seller and within an hour they agreed to send me a new watch. Great service on that front. 

The strap is thin, the usual Gate stuff. Colours are great, nice and vibrant. 

The back rotor is a joke.  Multitude of spelling errors, and the "rotor" isn't even the rotor. The actual rotor is hidden behind it.  The chronograph buttons move the needles on the subdials, but don't seem to actually perform a function. The bottom dial in an hour indicator. 

I'm satisfied with it. It's made me decide that I will also replace this with a higher end rep, if one exists. Haven't found one other than a quartz yet. 

jmgrRnw.jpg

RBzTJvt.jpg66I2lnX.jpg

Junior88

I've been decidedly lax about updating my collection. 

With that in mind, here are my two latest acquisitions. 

DHGate Omega Seamaster Spectre

It's a cheap piece of shit. 'Nuff said.  It DOES look pretty good from afar, though. It came with a NATO strap FAR shorter than I needed it to be (BIG thanks to @NCRichfor sorting that out for me)  It's an automatic movement, no idea what kind. It looks rather nice through the display caseback, probably because I don't know any different. 

All in all, it's ok. Especially since I got a refund for it because it took FOREVER to get here and I gave up on it. It arrived at my door 6 WEEKS after arriving in Canada. So basically free. 

Tg0Agks.jpg

hydXBSq.jpg

9BucuDc.jpg?1

Junior88

And the latest one to come in, is a quartz Paul Newman Daytona. Thanks to @greg_r for turning me onto this one with his thread cussing @NCRich for turning HIM onto it and not being able to find one right away. 

I like this watch. I really did NOT like the Paul Newman dials at first, but they grew on me.  I also will at some point source a brown leather strap for this one, but I also like it the way it is. The bracelet is a little thin for me, and the 6263 Daytona I have has a similar, though thicker bracelet on it. This watch even has a lume, for crying out loud. Doesn't last long, but when it's lit up it looks nice.

Another acquisition that I'm pleased with. 

pVIvxvW.jpgpPyVQJV.jpgfqEohQK.jpgJ7WkVDG.jpg

wGUHWI4.jpg

I have three other watches incoming at the moment. I'll post those, as they become available. 

Glaude

Very nice acquisitions !  :thumbsup2:

NCRich
2 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

And the latest one to come in, is a quartz Paul Newman Daytona. Thanks to @greg_r for turning me onto this one with his thread cussing @NCRich for turning HIM onto it and not being able to find one right away. 

I like this watch. I really did NOT like the Paul Newman dials at first, but they grew on me.  I also will at some point source a brown leather strap for this one, but I also like it the way it is. The bracelet is a little thin for me, and the 6263 Daytona I have has a similar, though thicker bracelet on it. This watch even has a lume, for crying out loud. 

Another acquisition that I'm please with. 

pVIvxvW.jpgpPyVQJV.jpgfqEohQK.jpgJ7WkVDG.jpg

wGUHWI4.jpg

I have three other watches incoming at the moment. I'll post those, as they become available. 

I've got two of those.  Gonna vintage one of them.........should be interesting.  It has possibilities. Age the dial and lume on the hands.  Clark plexi tropic 21.  Fade the insert.  We will see.

Junior88
2 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Very nice acquisitions !  :thumbsup2:

Thank you, Monsieur Bagel!

I have a Gate Bulgari incoming, a quartz Speedy Professional and a quartz black dial, black bezel Daytona incoming as well. 

I KNOW the Bulgari will also be a cheap piece of shit, but I liked the look of it. And I don't have an all black watch. 

Just now, NCRich said:

I've got two of those.  Gonna vintage one of them.........should be interesting.  It has possibilities. Age the dial and lume on the hands.  Clark plexi tropic 21.  Fade the insert.  We will see.

Nice! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I may draw some inspiration from it (or maybe not if I don't want to fuck it up!)

Glaude
20 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Thank you, Monsieur Bagel!

I have a Gate Bulgari incoming, a quartz Speedy Professional and a quartz black dial, black bezel Daytona incoming as well. 

I KNOW the Bulgari will also be a cheap piece of shit, but I liked the look of it. And I don't have an all black watch. 

You went crazy on the gate again !

Junior88
6 minutes ago, Glaude said:

You went crazy on the gate again !

Only the two. The quartz Daytona I got elsewhere. 

Junior88

Here's the latest cheap piece of shit that I've gotten. 

Bulgari something or other, not even sure which one it's supposed to be. I just really liked the look of it and for $16 I had to pick it up. 

It's a nice heavy watch. I really liked the all black with silver accents.  It's quartz so time is accurate. Second hand ticks, does not sweep. None of the subdials work, the needles are frozen in place. The chrono buttons are cast, they only look the part but don't even depress.  The bracelet is nice, but the clasp is utter shit. Flimsy as fuck. 

All in all, it's ok. I'll wear it, but probably not often.  It LOOKS nice though, and I like the all black. 

1UI6VFz.jpgDYswdti.jpgX5CcIXk.jpgFqbrHGk.jpg

Junior88

The latest installment to the collection:

A Parnis Marina Militare.  This was acquired M2M from a wonderful man named @dave47

The aftermarket strap is superb. Very, very comfortable, and it suits this watch to a T. She's a chunky monkey,  thick and black. The GMT hand actually functions. The caseback even says water resistant to 300M, but I'm not too sure if I trust that. I'm hoping it actually is, because I work in the rain frequently and the only watch I have that I CAN wear in the rain is, interestingly enough, my electronic Huawei watch. Only problem with that is once the screen is wet, it stays on and kills the battery fast. Anyone know about these Parnis homage watches?

O1BHMKR.jpg

FcMdzpD.jpgm5na6tV.jpgXHqMeJf.jpg

Luxuracer
14 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

Anyone know about these Parnis homage watches?

Drop it in a glass of water .... then you will find out tomorrow! :rofl:

Glaude
16 minutes ago, 88juniorfan said:

The latest installment to the collection:

A Parnis Marina Militare.  This was acquired M2M from a wonderful man named @dave47

The aftermarket strap is superb. Very, very comfortable, and it suits this watch to a T. She's a chunky monkey,  thick and black. The GMT hand actually functions. The caseback even says water resistant to 300M, but I'm not too sure if I trust that. I'm hoping it actually is, because I work in the rain frequently and the only watch I have that I CAN wear in the rain is, interestingly enough, my electronic Huawei watch. Only problem with that is once the screen is wet, it stays on and kills the battery fast. Anyone know about these Parnis homage watches?

Noice ! © BadApple...

Since it's an "homage" and therefore a gen, you could perhaps take it to a local watchsmith to get it tested for WR ?
I don't know why, but that watch is totally you, there's something about it... maybe it's the brand ... :D 

Junior88
4 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I don't know why, but that watch is totally you, there's something about it... maybe it's the brand ... :D 

Not sure if that was a dig, or not.....:huh:

Either way, I agree. That shitty DHGate Panerai and this one are very similar, but they seem to suit me for some reason. That and my Daytonas :D