Munster87

DSOM Rip Off

Munster87

I have mentioned in a previous post that I got duped into buying what I thought was a good rep of a Quartz Omega DSOM. This was purchased before I was aware of RWG and its TD list and its invaluable buying information and was therefore was totally blind and obviously the result was not receiving what was advertised.

To be honest, for the price its not a bad rep (I know a Speedy is very difficult to replicate due to the sub dial spacing). However it came with one obvious and major flaw!! it has a WHITE date wheel AAAHHH!! WTF. (apart from a Seamaster case back?? but a least that can be hidden or replaced)

After more reading and digging I have found out the movement is a Seiko VK64A (not a bad movement by all accounts?) 

So my questions are:

Is it easy to change the date wheel to a black one?

Is it easier to fit a new movement quartz or different  with the correct colour date wheel? if so, which one would suit?

IMG_1097.jpgOR

Put it down to experience and throw it in the nearest bin (I just can't bear wearing it with that date wheel sticking out like a beacon)

Rx4Time

Probably not worth the cost of replacement assuming that you can find a correct one? 

Munster87

Thanks for the reply. Apart from not getting what was advertised, its a shame. This was my first rep before finding RWG and I know its only a quartz version but apart from the date wheel, its not too bad. Cant bare wearing it as the date wheel is so obvious so will chalk this one up as a learning experience.

deju

Short hands/thick minute hand lume and wonky lume dots and subdial rings would annoy me before the datewheel.

All replicas have flaws enjoy it for what it is, when we over analyse we can find faults even with gens!

I would wear it as is!