lenin5

What seperates a super rep from other high quality reps?

lenin5

Hi, Ive been checking a few Panerai super reps and now I wonder what separates a superrep from other high quality replicas? Ive bought several great Panerai replicas in the $200-$300 range. They're pretty much indistinguishable from a real Panerai on the outside. Are superreps given more accurate movements? Do the movements have the actual company engravings on them( the non super reps don't). Is dishing out another $100-$200 worth it?

And this is pertaining to all watch brands not just Panerai.

GingerApple

I'm told by one of the resident Rolex experts on here @tripdog123 that SuperRep bracelets make the same noise as Gen when the clasp is tapped. My ears aren't sensitive enough to notice the difference to be honest.

deju

It’s all subjective, compare the non super rep to the super rep.

Each model/factory will have different aspects that are different, flaws, finish, materials. 

Decide yourself from your own pro/cons list if it’s worth it. 

Rod

Usually PAM super-reps are closed case-back as compared to a high quality rep with transparent case-back. Even if some of the clone (p3000, p4000) or deco-plated (p9000 and co.) movements might look pretty convincing,  a trained eye will always be able to spot the differences. Hence they are not super-reps-

lenin5
6 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

I'm told by one of the resident Rolex experts on here @tripdog123 that SuperRep bracelets make the same noise as Gen when the clasp is tapped. My ears aren't sensitive enough to notice the difference to be honest.

Wow, I wouldn't have expected a difference in the bracelet. I thought they'd just have higher quality movements. Thanks

Glaude
3 minutes ago, lenin5 said:

Wow, I wouldn't have expected a difference in the bracelet. I thought they'd just have higher quality movements. Thanks

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "sarcasm sheldon gif"

DarkGlass

Factories and sellers can charge more for Super Reps, it's all a load of bollocks just like the Emperors New Clothes, do some research, read the reviews and dive in. 

There's host of Facebook Groups called AAA + etc, they too are utter bollix, I am convinced that the people who run them buy crap from the Gate, triple the price and sell it to gullible twonks

thanks for the tip on the bracelet thing Ginger Fatty I knew there was some some of Masonic "tell" :graman:

Edited by DarkGlass
Div

GingerApple
48 minutes ago, DarkGlass said:

thanks for the tip on the bracelet thing Ginger Fatty I knew there was some some of Masonic "tell" :graman:

Ginger fatty!!!!! Hmph! Good job I'm a nice guy!!!!!

MetalMickey
2 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Good job I'm a nice guy!!!!!

That's not what I heard

GingerApple
Just now, metalmickey said:

That's not what I heard

My wife and family are full of shit.

DarkGlass

:D mate RWG is full of nice guys  !!  And let's face it I never mentioned your ginger pubes or you constant indignation :bow:

its great to see the old emoticons back 

:fishing:

Edited by DarkGlass
Moi

MetalMickey
2 minutes ago, DarkGlass said:

:D mate RWG is full of twats  !!  

Fixed for you

DarkGlass
1 minute ago, metalmickey said:

Fixed for you

It's a milder place nowadays, not so many twats but I've seen a few Berks !! 

MetalMickey
1 minute ago, DarkGlass said:

It's a milder place nowadays, not so many twats but I've seen a few Berks !! 

I miss the twats :(

DarkGlass
1 minute ago, metalmickey said:

I miss the twats :(

My Berkley Hunt beats your twat, buff said ?

GingerApple
9 minutes ago, DarkGlass said:

And let's face it I never mentioned your ginger pubes or you constant indignation :bow:

Nnnnngggggggg........I want........to disagree...........but..........can't argue.........with that logic......

greg_r

The separation beteeen super-rep and just a generally nice watch  is mostly due to enthusiasm and myopia in my experience ;) 

Urminme
2 hours ago, Glaude said:

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "sarcasm sheldon gif"

Hahahaha

tabuktime
24 minutes ago, greg_r said:

The separation beteeen super-rep and just a generally nice watch  is mostly due to enthusiasm and myopia in my experience ;) 

Peer pressure and mass hysteria at times too.

DarkGlass

In all seriousness though @lenin5 I have one of the original  not just Super  but Super Duper Reps

Modded by old Steak Sauce himself  (Hugh G Bell - End) It's a been polished with  angel tears and cast in 905L steel ( so rare even Rolex can't afford that shit ).

One of a kind and rare as rocking horse shit. I paid 120 MR for in in '95 and am happy to let it go for £899.  When you consider the rarity, mods and provinence of this bad boy I'd act fast before those eagle eyed fuckers at the Geek get a look in and take a profit.

pics are at www.getyourleglifted.com 

Hit me up bruvva 

D 2 the G 

:D:D:D

Edited by DarkGlass
Div

MetalMickey
3 minutes ago, DarkGlass said:

In all seriousness though @lenin5 I have one of the original  not just Super  but Super Duper Reps

Modded by old Steak Sauce himself  (Hugh G Bell - End) It's a been polished with  angel tears and cast in 905L steel ( so rare even Rolex can't afford that shit ).

One of a kind and rare as rocking horse shit. I paid 120 MR for in in '95 and am happy to let it go for £899.  When you consider the rarity, mods and provinence of this bad boy I'd act fast before those eagle eyed fuckers at the Geek get a look in and take a profit.

Hit me up bruvva 

D 2 the G 

:lmao: 

BadPickle
49 minutes ago, DarkGlass said:

Hit me up bruvva 

D 2 the G 

:rofl: 

RUSH2112

personal opinion.  Yesterday’s super rep is tomorrow’s discount bin rep so buy accordingly.