GingerApple

Do Gen Rolexes get these marks too?

androme

To be honest, don't worry about it. Just keep your watch the right way up and you shouldn't really notice it. If you wear it upside then this may not be so easy to ignore. GL Ginger

myaz

No scratches due to rubbing from the clasp on the links of my gen on either side of the clasp...but the clasp design appears different from yours

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

Cdenim

@GingerBubba I know exactly who can help you with this....

14-jonathan-goldsmith-most-interesting-m

Cdenim

Yep, i never have them on my watches for that reason right there.... its inevitable, the clasp comes over. Hits that last link and you end up with a dark in some light, shinny scratched braceletResized_20180312_090317.jpgright there on the last link before the clasp lock. the darkened spot. that happens to any stainless steal no matter what it is. Unless you take the @luxuracer approach and shalack the hell out of it...  Or .... in minute it took to upload these pics you get one of these.( i cut mine into odd shapes to hit certain areas better).

Resized_20180312_090350.jpg

I press pretty hard goin one direction with the grain of the steal... The bergeon doesn't effect the brushing on the watch oddly enough. just shines and cleans up scratches. a minute later....

Resized_picture_2018_3_12_9_5_49_356.jpg

Alright, took a minute and 16 secs, but still. no more clasp scratch

Luxuracer
28 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

..... Unless you take the @luxuracer approach and shalack the hell out of it... 

I will do a pictorial detail tutorial on that Shellacking techniques .... C.

Meanwhile, you can send me that Bergeon thing to try on my bracelets.

Cdenim

i got a piece or two laying around. That was on a noob v7 i'm building for someone, but on the 904 it acts just like you were buffing a clear coat on it. won't effect the hard 904 steels finish at all. but gets those desk dive, clasp bang, annoying scuff and scratches off in seconds. Its the bergeon #5444-a (the fine one) satin buff bar. It also adds that gen like sheen all on the brushed sections and makes things look very very good with such little effort. 

Luxuracer
17 minutes ago, Cdenim said:

i got a piece or two laying around. That was on a noob v7 i'm building for someone, but on the 904 it acts just like you were buffing a clear coat on it. won't effect the hard 904 steels finish at all. but gets those desk dive, clasp bang, annoying scuff and scratches off in seconds. Its the bergeon #5444-a (the fine one) satin buff bar. It also adds that gen like sheen all on the brushed sections and makes things look very very good with such little effort. 

Thanks for the tips , brother.

I will get one and work on my Daytona bracelet

manodeoro

Bergeon tools are indeed the best way to go, but if you ;

- have some difficulties do get them

- think they are too much expensive,

You still can buy fine art abrasive sponge like those below, about 2$ each (different grades available)

ponge_abrasive.png

and  with some patience and dexterity you can get things like this

br4.jpg

br7.jpg

GingerApple
3 minutes ago, manodeoro said:

Bergeon tools are indeed the best way to go, but if you ;

- have some difficulties do get them

- think they are too much expensive,

You still can buy fine art abrasive sponge like those below, about 2$ each (different grades available)

and  with some patience and dexterity you can get things like this

Nice work! Great results. What sort of abrasion level do you use? Several different ones?

drifterr

I do have the same issue on the noob bracelet but believe me ginger so far this is not evidenced On the arf SD bracelet.....cuz 904l....lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

manodeoro
1 hour ago, GingerBubba said:

Nice work! Great results. What sort of abrasion level do you use? Several different ones?

I used "medium" and "fine"

The difficulty  is that there is no "grade number" on those abrasive sponges  ... but I checked with my fingertips to select .

There was no "very fine" available when I went to the art store but I think it ould be usefull for a perfect finish.

It's a pity that the bezel was unremovable (tight paperclip construction ... those that you bend if you try to remove) so I had no access to the part of the lugs which is close to the midcase.

You can see almost all the process in my  "BRUSHED AS  ... REP ?" thread here 

GingerApple

Excellent, thanks for sharing,

jonnyboy7

Saw the title of this thread and knew straight away what you meant-my gen blnr had the marks-traded it for something better thought out.