mac33

Replace Crystal in Super Avenger

mac33

I just bought a rep. Super Avenger with a blue face.  I am not happy with the AR coating on the rep.  Far too much reflection for me.  Dealer said it has the "new" clear AR.  Whatever you call it...it does not work.  Hard to see the face of the watch through the glare.  The rest of the watch is fine (although I already replaced the cheap bracelet with blue leather)

I have found someone selling an aftermarket double sided AR crystal for the Super Avenger.  My question is this: how hard is it to remove the bezel and replace the crystal myself?  Is it as simple as unscrewing the bezel screws?  Do I need a crystal press to remove and insert the crystal?  Any suggestions/thoughts? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UFvJA19rzuCgxlAcnIi0Z64ucKrsmRkX/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nMcKZWrJ9-Hqy9lZHSY378CnCd7N0He-/view?usp=sharing

nunu78

You can get Prof Steve’s  crystal,his AR quality is superb.

Rx4Time

I think you need to remove the bezel assembly to pop out the crystal.  On my Skyland Avenger this would be the case.

mac33
15 hours ago, nunu78 said:

You can get Prof Steve’s  crystal,his AR quality is superb.

How do I find Prof Steve.  Do you have a link?

mac33
14 hours ago, teddy875 said:

I think you need to remove the bezel assembly to pop out the crystal.  On my Skyland Avenger this would be the case.

Any tips on removing the bezel.  Been looking on YouTube and cant find anything.  Have you removed the bezel on your avenger?  I am also interested in replacing the face with a gen face (while I have it open) but this looks more complicated.  have to take all the hands off.  

Rx4Time

To swap the dial, you would need to open the back and remove the movement from the case.  To remove the bezel, it would depend on if yours is built like gen, where the screws on the side are really holding it together vs faux like on the steelfish reps. 

GenTLe
Any tips on removing the bezel.  Been looking on YouTube and cant find anything.  Have you removed the bezel on your avenger?  I am also interested in replacing the face with a gen face (while I have it open) but this looks more complicated.  have to take all the hands off.  
Just a word of care: the screws are glued and fake. They don't do anything to the bezel. It should be removed like a Rolex one.

mac33
On 3/17/2018 at 06:41, GenTLe said:
On 3/16/2018 at 15:00, mac33 said:

Just a word of care: the screws are glued and fake. They don't do anything to the bezel. It should be removed like a Rolex one.

How is a Rolex bezel replaced?

GenTLe
12 minutes ago, mac33 said:

How is a Rolex bezel replaced?

Look on youtube...