Godspeed108

Going to China, any dealer recommendations?

Godspeed108

Hi Folks, 

I am due to be in Asia, with a stop over of a few days in China. Would anyone be able to recommend any trusted dealers or shops where I might be able to get AAA reps? I've read that it is much cheaper to buy on site, my only concern is how would I know it is made by Noob Factory or that it is a super rep. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers!

RepGuy

No dealers will meet with you to sell illegal watches. Check out some of the big markets. I'm sure a Google search can give you market names.

WatchDog21

Unless you personally know people to take you around I would not go down this road.  Buy from our TD's and have the quality and support of this forum.  Wing it while in China and who knows what could happen.

Wriggles

Oh look it's this question again.

Asked and answered dozens of times at this stage. 

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, Godspeed108 said:

.... I've read that it is much cheaper to buy on site, my only concern is how would I know it is made by Noob Factory ......

You will not save money when you buy onsite. You can get cheap watches onsite, but not quality watch, just like Canal St. 

If you have an address in China, you can search for the watches that you want, email @MrTimeZone , buy them at their wholesale prices, free shipping in China. That would be the cheapest and safest deal you can find.

Best of luck

MrTimeZone
24 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

You will not save money when you buy onsite. You can get cheap watches onsite, but not quality watch, just like Canal St. 

If you have an address in China, you can search for the watches that you want, email @MrTimeZone , buy them at their wholesale prices, free shipping in China. That would be the cheapest and safest deal you can find.

Best of luck

Indeed. Thank you for the mention. As long as @Godspeed108 can order ahead of time, we can send the shipment to an address in China (maybe an office there or a colleague's house?) so that he can just pick up his watches when he arrives in China. China to China shipments are virtually problem free and shipping is indeed free. :) 

wolfwood

Just do a search OP, there are lots of this sort of threads.  Some people even shared their shopping experience.

McGilli

Remember that thread here - where the guy wanted a TD to deliver his watches to his hotel room while visiting Asia? 

Sorry to hijack this thread - but -that was a hilarious read...

Godspeed108

Sorry, didn't realize that this was a popular question. 

Thanks to the rest who responded.

Edited by Godspeed108

Godspeed108
10 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Remember that thread here - where the guy wanted a TD to deliver his watches to his hotel room while visiting Asia? 

Sorry to hijack this thread - but -that was a hilarious read...

Could you send the link, sounds like a worthy read.

tommylad

It depends where you are. Most big cities - Beijing and Shanghai for instance - have copy/fake markets. Go there and countless shop sellers will ask if you want to see watches. The unusual thing is that, among this hive of unconcealed illegal activity, luxury branded watches are the only product not out on display.

However, you can find Quartz and 21j watches at a fairly reasonable price. The quality doesn't match the top-end stuff from our dealers, but it is nice to be able to see so many watches in one place. Casio, DW, G-Shock are fairly well represented and are probably better value than a quartz Rolex.

Vietnam is much more interesting for watches in shops.

McGilli
1 hour ago, Godspeed108 said:

Could you send the link, sounds like a worthy read.

I'll look for it... If I remember - it was a negative feedback left against a TD on this site because he wouldn't deliver to a hotel when he was flying out...

MrTimeZone

Is it this one? 

tommylad
1 hour ago, MrTimeZone said:

Is it this one? 

That is gold. It really brightened up my lunch break.

Mazz

the Guangzhou watch markets are worth a walk around

McGilli
2 hours ago, MrTimeZone said:

Is it this one? 

Yes!

Thanks for doing the work for me :) I have to read it again....

MrTimeZone
42 minutes ago, McGilli said:

Yes!

Thanks for doing the work for me :) I have to read it again....

You're welcome. I am reading it for the first time. :lol:  

Glaude
7 hours ago, MrTimeZone said:

You're welcome. I am reading it for the first time. :lol:  

Check out other topics in the Gold section, they worth spending time going through them !

McGilli
1 hour ago, Glaude said:

Check out other topics in the Gold section, they worth spending time going through them !

Yes! When I first signed up here and VIP's - I spent almost all my time reading the Gold section. Not only was it hilarious - but it helped me understand comments people would make on occasion - inside jokes. You know, things like "Looks like SSteel fixed that watch for you" etc :)

Chavezzito
On 3/19/2018 at 07:07, Mazz said:

the Guangzhou watch markets are worth a walk around

This! But even so...impossible to find good quality, mostly 21J crap...even when I asked to see the watches in the secret rooms those where quartz and 21J :rolleyes:

narikaa

Obviously nothing like impossible.

All is there.

You just have to know behind which door :giggle: