Sebastjan_b

Smael watches

Sebastjan_b

Im not even sure I should ask this. But did anyone ever bought Smael watches (g-shock wannabe). They are extremely cheap on DHgate and 10-20€ for sport watch with water resistance is better than few 100 for G-shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zulu44gmt

Im not even sure I should ask this. But did anyone ever bought Smael watches (g-shock wannabe). They are extremely cheap on DHgate and 10-20€ for sport watch with water resistance is better than few 100 for G-shock.

I have never tried one- pick up a world time- there’s several to choose from...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-s-World-Time-Watch-Resin-Strap/21777183

Daffy

My watches Smael funny.  *<;o)

Genius

Last few g shocks I bought were £33 and £28 last one I sold, sold for £65 (was advertised here at £45 go figure) if you shop around you can get a great g shock for fuck all money just need to be smart.  The fake ones are cool had quite a few but always sold or given away, would never get a homage though

Sebastjan_b

Well it’s hard to get good G-Shock replica (haven’t seen one in TD section). I ordered one on DHgate but not really confident it will arrive (customs are insane here). We will see....

fatarms

Some less than stellar reviews  on Amazon for these watches, just FYI.

Genius
9 minutes ago, Sebastjan_b said:

Well it’s hard to get good G-Shock replica (haven’t seen one in TD section). I ordered one on DHgate but not really confident it will arrive (customs are insane here). We will see....

I wouldn't worry about customs on a g shock, if they open the box they will see what they assume is a cheap casio, they will see the Chinese origin which is where they will assume casios come from... Completely different to them seeing a "swiss" watch in there.

The G shock reps are cool but only as a fasion watch, due to the same basic design as a gen they can handle the odd knock but dont think about going near water with it

TD's cant be arsed with g shock reps, they make more profit on the average shipping charge than the total delivered cost of a rep g shock so why would they bother. 

Mr Stubbs

I have several (surviving), and they are not good.  The genuine SMAEL and the replica G-SHOCK are so identical, but so poorly made, that I tried to combine a couple, into a red/blue/black Mudmaster 1000RD for my personal entertainment.  Simply disassembling them (with care, precision tools and attention to the rules of electronics) cost me two inoperative watches.  One of the untouched/right out of the box SMAEL's digital display has stopped functioning, battery replacement not withstanding.  I would not even dare to test the water resistance. That way lies insanity.

This is what you get for about $15.  A superlight piece of plastic that is attention-getting, but embarrassingly poor quality.  Buy at your own risk.  ;)

IMG_2882.jpg

Sebastjan_b

Well that’s all I needed to know. I will save 15€ and put it on allowance for my next purchase :-). Thanks for helping.