Franksie

Noob Question

Franksie

Cracking site with a wealth of info, many thanks. So glad I stumbled in! I have looked through the trusted dealers but cannot seem to see the watch, i most like the look of. Any advice thoughts comments gratefully received;

http://www.discountsshopuk.co.uk/omega-seamaster-planet-ocean-gmt-automatic-with-black-dial-ssceramic-bezel-p-10851:9ea3b429b0d42ef5bb81ec65026a4e78.html

greg_r

Worth having a read of this: 

However, the best approach is to send one of the dealers an email with a pic of the watch you want. If it's available, they'll get back to you with details Try Marvellous Replica, Mr. Timezone, Mary Watch or Watchfinder - they're all good at hunting out less common models if they're repped

JSJ

On a quick look, that's a pic of a gen mate. The hands at 10:10 are an easy giveaway.

Try it if you want but you might have more fun taking the cash out of your bank and setting fire to it.

Better read the noob threads and stick with the the TDs, especially in these early days.

JSJ

Having had a browse, there are definitely reps on that site. They offer a big range, certainly some are no longer available. The IWC Cousteau divers have been out of production for years for example.

What you would receive might not be like the picture.

Still wouldn't touch them.

Franksie

Thanks for the quick response, I have read the noob threads and emails duly sent, however I concur not sure what a 'gen' is but have an idea. 

Regards

Franksie

Replies from emails! I have been advised to stay clear, exactly what you have all said, many thanks. 

Having looked through the TD's I like this one as a good starter. 

http://www.aootime01.com/Replica-Omega-Seamaster-300m-Diver-Co-Axial-Chronograph-SS-Black-Dial-on-SS-Bracelet-Japanese-Quartz-64814.html

Only issue for me is payment type as I am not familiar with western union etc. anyone advise please. He does not appear to take visa. I have fired off an email to Robbie to see if he has this one in stock in any case. 

McGilli
1 hour ago, Franksie said:

Only issue for me is payment type as I am not familiar with western union etc. anyone advise please. He does not appear to take visa. I have fired off an email to Robbie to see if he has this one in stock in any case. 

AS you can see - the TD's are great sources of information for you.

So - just ask them about payment type.

If they insist on WU - then just do it. Tonnes of threads on this site asking the same question. My advice though, again - just work with the TD's. You're a newbie here - and unknown to them - so you will need to work within their boundaries, not yours :) Good luck!

Franksie

appreciate that, I am going to go with this, I have emailed Aootime for payment details and will give WU a go. Fingers crossed all will go ok, so glad I found this site.

RUSH2112

This is how noob is done.  Congrats Franksie 

Franksie

UPDATE..............Aootime could not help at the moment so emailed Andrew at Trustytime. Plenty of email exchanges later and my watch is on the way. Andrew stated he would send me some QC pictures prior to dispatch which i thought was nice. This will be my second Rep. I purchased 'blindly' from a unknown site about 6/7 years ago an Omega PO for about $130. TBH I have worn it most days since purchased and it has been great. I replaced the steel strap with a Rubber one about 2 years ago, Superglued one o'clock back on, hammered in the winder, replaced batteries etc.....It is still very wearable if a little worn, but keeps great time. The bezel has gotten a little faded over the years but everything it has been through, I could not have expected better. I have some images which I will upload when I find out how to!

IMG_0006.jpgIMG_0008.jpg

Edited by Franksie
add image

Wriggles
27 minutes ago, Franksie said:

, hammered in the winder

Just wondering, you didn't learn your watch making skills in a Finnish school by any chance :lol:

Franksie

No but I bought the hammer and chisel from Finland

Glaude

:puppet: