GingerApple

Baselworld 2018 New Watches

Howitzer
2 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

They are pretty awesome. Nothing revolutionary, more of an evolution, but solid.

1zlgg7r.jpg

100% having one of these. Sadly that means I need to start paring down the rep collection.... :cry:

GingerApple
4 minutes ago, Howitzer23 said:

100% having one of these. Sadly that means I need to start paring down the rep collection.... :cry:

I'm seriously tempted. I called my AD to leave a deposit, but they insisted on me attending in person. As they're 45 min away, I may not bother. I'm a twat like that. When I'm next nearby, I may pop in, I may not. Depends how many reps I buy before then! Pics when you get yours!!!!! Actually, AD update/waiting list/timescale would be of interest too if you wouldn't mind....

Also, what you selling...... 

Glaude

For you, gen buyers, what sort of waiting list time should someone expect for such novelties ?

Del
16 minutes ago, Glaude said:

For you, gen buyers, what sort of waiting list time should someone expect for such novelties ?

Totally depends on the watch and brand.  Rolex - how long's a piece of string?  Tudor - probably relatively easy to get once they arrive into the ADs. Depends on when they actually make it to the ADs - could be months yet.  I posted separately about the new Omega Seamaster Diver 300m range - the first of those are due in July and others October!

Howitzer
30 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

I'm seriously tempted. I called my AD to leave a deposit, but they insisted on me attending in person. As they're 45 min away, I may not bother. I'm a twat like that. When I'm next nearby, I may pop in, I may not. Depends how many reps I buy before then! Pics when you get yours!!!!! Actually, AD update/waiting list/timescale would be of interest too if you wouldn't mind....

Will drop in to my nearest AD and let you know the score. 

Also, what you selling...... 

Ohhhh no, I'm not getting drawn into that on here....

20 minutes ago, Glaude said:

I've never actually bought through an AD, just grey market some time after release, so can't really comment. Might have to pop my cherry on this one though. I've been banging on about wanting a Tudor GMT for years!!

Del
3 minutes ago, Howitzer23 said:

Will drop in to my nearest AD and let you know the score.

I bet they won't even know what watch you're talking about! :rofl:

Luxuracer
25 minutes ago, Glaude said:

For Omega newly release model, if I put the deposit down I would have right when they are released to AD. I never had any problem getting them from my AD.

As for Rolex, I always bought watches that TD had in store ... Never order nor on wait list before!

There is NOTHING that make me want bad enough to be kept waiting.

Glaude
13 minutes ago, Del said:

Totally depends on the watch and brand.  Rolex - how long's a piece of string?  Tudor - probably relatively easy to get once they arrive into the ADs. Depends on when they actually make it to the ADs - could be months yet.  I posted separately about the new Omega Seamaster Diver 300m range - the first of those are due in July and others October!

3 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

For Omega newly release model, if I put the deposit down I would have right when they are released to AD. I never had any problem getting them from my AD.

As for Rolex, I always bought watches that TD had in store ... Never order nor on wait list before!

There is NOTHING that make me want bad enough to be kept waiting.

Thank you boys for the answers !

Howitzer
11 minutes ago, Del said:

Hahaha, excellent point. Last time I went in I knew more than they did about the Tudor Heritage range.... One can but try!

Luxuracer

Mr_B

The omega with the ceramic dials look cool

bdnica
3 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

This will be my next gen Omega

Omega-Dark-Side-Moon-Apollo-8-5.jpg?ixli

Omega-Dark-Side-Moon-Apollo-9.jpg?ixlib=

Omega-Dark-Side-Moon-Apollo-8-6.jpg?ixli

I was just telling a buddy that Omega needs to be careful about over-doing the 'special edition' stuff or they'll end up like Breitling.  Then I saw this.   O...M....G....   I could hear angels singing as light beamed through my office.  Did you happen to see pricing details?  Is it a new movement or 'modified' as a new movement?  Thanks for posting!  

GingerApple
38 minutes ago, Del said:

That's partly why I'm not going to be going into the AD until I happen to be passing by. The staff won't be remotely interested in Baselworld I imagine. They probably won't be aware of it when they actually get it in stock!

simey83
Maybe I should put this in the wrist check thread and give some folk a heart attack! :lol:

324888771d08663fe925d58493d5cd17.jpg

That’s really nice :)

Moondustesp

Thats looks soooooo good. Love that dial. You should defo get the gen 

tabuktime
3 hours ago, Del said:

That's the real thing mate.  I nicked the photo from Hodinkee! :D

Thought it was one of the GMTs that were knocking about a couple of months ago from the gate.

bnFBGND.png%22%20width=%22538%22%3E

A GMT Black Bay of sorts.

Luxuracer
1 hour ago, bdnica said:

I was just telling a buddy that Omega needs to be careful about over-doing the 'special edition' stuff or they'll end up like Breitling.  Then I saw this.   O...M....G....   I could hear angels singing as light beamed through my office.  Did you happen to see pricing details?  Is it a new movement or 'modified' as a new movement?  Thanks for posting!  

The Omega Speedmaster Dark Side Of The Moon Apollo 8

A tribute to the first orbit of the moon, this special edition is powered by a custom version of Omega's Caliber 1861.

Is that a beauty ! .... From the dial, the bezel, the movement ... to the color!

It's the BEST speedmaster by far.

The Movement
Caliber: Omega Caliber 1869 (special black bridge version of the 1861)
Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, 12-hour chronograph
Power Reserve: 48 hours
Winding: Hand-wound
Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 vph)
Jewels: 19
Price: $9,000

MAJ75

DY0wR1ZW4AAfFVL.jpg:large

DY0xTGlXUAA6iYL.jpg:large

MAJ75

Struggling to understand why people are frothing at the mouth over this?

Omega-Diver-300-2018-hero.jpg?w=2400&sslDY0Oo4cXcAAovGq.jpg

Urminme
4 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

This watch is fucking georgous!! This is definitely one of my holy grail watches, rep or gen. I love it has the exhibition case back with the blacked movement components!!!

elementsk7

dont really love the new pepsi but the root beer looks very nice

windyzz

Rolex seems lazy... watches has been the same and boring...

New Breitling's model.

New Navitimer 01 with new Colour

Op0P5dB.png

38 mm Navitimer Non Chrono

tvkBAdE.png

B01 SuperOcean Heritage

lA0GpSa.png

SuperSize Navitimer 46mm

isP23Th.png

Junior88
7 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Wow. I like this one. Damn. 

bdnica

The Omega Speedmaster Dark Side Of The Moon Apollo 8

A tribute to the first orbit of the moon, this special edition is powered by a custom version of Omega's Caliber 1861.

Is that a beauty ! .... From the dial, the bezel, the movement ... to the color!

It's the BEST speedmaster by far.

The Movement
Caliber: Omega Caliber 1869 (special black bridge version of the 1861)
Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, 12-hour chronograph
Power Reserve: 48 hours
Winding: Hand-wound
Frequency: 3 Hz (21,600 vph)
Jewels: 19
Price: $9,000

Truly a home run by Omega!   Certainly not cheap, but surprised it's priced south of $10k.    Look forward to the tech geeks breakdown of the movement.