GingerApple

Baselworld 2018 New Watches

Del
14 hours ago, Howitzer23 said:

Hahaha, excellent point. Last time I went in I knew more than they did about the Tudor Heritage range.... One can but try!

14 hours ago, GingerBubba said:

That's partly why I'm not going to be going into the AD until I happen to be passing by. The staff won't be remotely interested in Baselworld I imagine. They probably won't be aware of it when they actually get it in stock!

According to Hodinkee's video, the Turdor Black Bay GMT should be available in the summer...

(Video is worth watching btw. ;) )

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tudor-black-bay-gmt-new-video

Howitzer
2 minutes ago, Del said:

According to Hodinkee's video, the Turdor Black Bay GMT should be available in the summer...

(Video is worth watching btw. ;) )

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/tudor-black-bay-gmt-new-video

Cheers Del. Although you are not helping matters as this has further condemned me. My other half will almost certainly kill me when I get this watch. 

On the other hand, looks totally worth it :)

Del
4 minutes ago, Howitzer23 said:

Cheers Del. Although you are not helping matters as this has further condemned me. My other half will almost certainly kill me when I get this watch. 

On the other hand, looks totally worth it :)

:lol:  Yes, it's certainly on my hit list now too....

(Btw, my poor, and rather unfortunate, spelling of "Tudor" above was NOT a freudian slip! :D )

Mr_B

Tudor on Instagram says the gmt is available worldwide in June. 

SuperLory

not really a fan of the ceramic pepsi...

The tudor 58 on the contrary...

porschespeedster

New Tudors are beautiful.

For me its the best of both worlds; classic Rolex styling without that 'R' name on the watch.

Dusk

I'm a fan on the Tudor gmt myself looks great on the leather strap...

I found the davosa gmt which is quartz sadly but it's not far off and it's 'Swiss'

The davosa isn't new either 

Tudor-GMT-Gear-Patrol-Slide-2-1940x1300_

Screenshot_20180322-181241_zpsbrerbptr.j

porschespeedster

I bet the new Tudor reps come out before the gens. Probably easier to obtain too...

Really, really hope they do the 39mm, we never got a ZF BB 40mm so hopefully this one DOES happen.

GenTLe

I don't go mad for the Tudor... But that Rollie GMT... That is beautiful!!!! LEt's see if they'll manage to make a proper rep this time as for the previous version there was nothing in Rep :(

Xpletiv

Am I the only one who thinks Rollies are all BARF versions?

powderfreak
19 hours ago, porschespeedster said:

I bet the new Tudor reps come out before the gens. Probably easier to obtain too...

Really, really hope they do the 39mm, we never got a ZF BB 40mm so hopefully this one DOES happen.

I'd quite like that, tho one might have some explaining to do... "How did you manage to get that watch before we as AD have it???" :blink:

16 hours ago, GenTLe said:

I don't go mad for the Tudor... But that Rollie GMT... That is beautiful!!!! LEt's see if they'll manage to make a proper rep this time as for the previous version there was nothing in Rep :(

Expect the same quality pretty much - the real, existing problems will never be solved since nobody is going to develop a true GMT movement that works well and utilizes the CHS. The previous GMTs were okay in my book, the again I don't indulge into correct DW fonts or the "gen like silvery shine" of the bezel markings. 

15 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

Am I the only one who thinks Rollies are all BARF versions?

:giggle:

lesy

Has to be the updated DSSD with the D-Blue dial for me.

I spoke to an AD yesterday regarding the DSSD, he expects them to start appearing in the U.K. between June and August.

GenTLe
4 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Expect the same quality pretty much - the real, existing problems will never be solved since nobody is going to develop a true GMT movement that works well and utilizes the CHS. The previous GMTs were okay in my book, the again I don't indulge into correct DW fonts or the "gen like silvery shine" of the bezel markings. 

Actually I don't care too much about the hand stack, I just want a reliable 28800bph movement. What I'd like is a proper insert, possibly with 2 color ceramic (not painted...) like the batman noob one.