aitcharGMT

Resetting hands to zero in Omega Moon watch.

aitcharGMT

Hi, I just "fixed" my first chronograph, a Omega Moon watch with ST19 movement, I believe. I got it cheap and was lucky to quickly find the issue: a spring that had jumped the stop position was repositioned. The issue now is that the big seconds hand is not resetting to zero. It always resets to the same position, which I think is good, but not to zero. Is this a matter of just removing the seconds hand and reinstalling it in the appropriate (zero) position? Seems trivial to me, but what seems too good to be true, it often is! This may be obvious to you, but remember, this is my first repair on a chrono :D

Thank you!

tabuktime

I'd say give a try, you've done well so far, what's the worst that could happen ;)

aitcharGMT
9 hours ago, tabuktime said:

I'd say give a try, you've done well so far, what's the worst that could happen ;)

I hear you! :D

NCRich
11 hours ago, aitcharGMT said:

Hi, I just "fixed" my first chronograph, a Omega Moon watch with ST19 movement, I believe. I got it cheap and was lucky to quickly find the issue: a spring that had jumped the stop position was repositioned. The issue now is that the big seconds hand is not resetting to zero. It always resets to the same position, which I think is good, but not to zero. Is this a matter of just removing the seconds hand and reinstalling it in the appropriate (zero) position? Seems trivial to me, but what seems too good to be true, it often is! This may be obvious to you, but remember, this is my first repair on a chrono :D

Thank you!

Yes, run chrono, reset the chrono, then remove the chrono hand and place it in the correct position.

aitcharGMT

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, NCRich said:

Yes, run chrono, reset the chrono, then remove the chrono hand and place it in the correct position.

LightGeek

The hardest part is to not scratch the hands... or the dial :)