ReplicaFromDownunder

Tag Carrera Day date - missing number - glue?

ReplicaFromDownunder

Greetings all!

I had a number 2 dial fall off my Tag Day Date 43mm. I opened it all up carefully and put it back on the dial. 

Anyhow, once it was reassembled it all, it came off again, right away.  Upon dissembling the 2nd time I have managed to lose the number 2 as it went for a bounce. 

I have also snapped the stem crown. 

My questions are, will a generic 1.2mm A7750 crown work? (see below) so I can screw on my Tag heuer crown head back on it.

Plus what dealer would be best to source a 2 number? Would I need glue, if so what glue? it is a very very thin and small number. I did ensure i pushed it down fully but it did fall off. 

Thanks - PS: sorry for the links I have no idea on how to embed them into the post. It used to work but my photobucket is not working. 

https://ibb.co/fz834n 

https://ibb.co/gV2D4n

https://ibb.co/dbXVjn

Edited by ReplicaFromDownunder

GenTLe
On 3/28/2018 at 14:33, ReplicaFromDownunder said:

Upon dissembling the 2nd time I have managed to lose the number 2 as it went for a bounce. 

I have also snapped the stem crown. 

My questions are, will a generic 1.2mm A7750 crown work? 

Plus what dealer would be best to source a 2 number?

How did you managed to destroy a stem that way? :blink:

I think you are fucked. Not for the stem: any 7750 stem of the same size will fit. BUT:
1) the crown. 2) the dial...

You will need to find both a full dial and a new crown. And it's very difficult you'll manage to source them. And I mean VERY (read: pretty impossible).

And, seeing how you managed to destroy the crown and stem, when you'll try to remove all the hands to replace the dial (if you are so lucky to find one), you'll fuck them up. Or setting them back.

I suppose you'd better to sell it as spare for the 7750 movement mate and stop you losses.

PS to embed pictures: right click on the picture at that site, click on "copy image address", come here and paste it. Put (img) in front of the link, and put (/img) after it (from tapatalk, not necessary from the site). But with square brachets. And done.

20180328_222417.jpg

LightGeek

You should use GS Hypo or some other adhesive that doesn’t off-gas for this task. The stem can be replaced pretty easily as it’s a standard movement. If you want to replace the dial — that requires a bit of kit. Sure, I removed the dial and re-set the hands the very first time using crude whatever-I-had-around tools, but it’s INFINITELY easier with... hand setter, dial protector, hand remover, small set screwdrivers, loupe, Rodico.

Of course, if this is the only watch you’ll work on...

GenTLe
You should use GS Hypo or some other adhesive that doesn’t off-gas for this task. The stem can be replaced pretty easily as it’s a standard movement. If you want to replace the dial — that requires a bit of kit. Sure, I removed the dial and re-set the hands the very first time using crude whatever-I-had-around tools, but it’s INFINITELY easier with... hand setter, dial protector, hand remover, small set screwdrivers, loupe, Rodico.

Of course, if this is the only watch you’ll work on...
Problem is that he lost the number and broke the crown...

LightGeek
Problem is that he lost the number and broke the crown...

Looks like just a snapped stem. Still, probably better off to get a new one. There’s a high chance the keyless will be borked and that would be fun fun fun...