Richie

Trusty Time not repairing or returning my watch

Richie

I just wanted the forum readers to know that I sent a watch to Andrew at Trusty Time in Sept. He received it on October 8, in 2017.

Initially I had asked to have it water-proofed as he offers this service. The watch did show some droplets on the inside of the sapphire lens -- on the face side -- on very humid or rainy days. However the watch worked perfectly, and kept excellent time, and was a favorite of mine. When I asked if Trusty Time would service the watch,  Andrew said it should be overhauled at the same time he water-proofed it.  So I paid the additional money for a total of $120 US plus shipping to send the watch to his "Factory".

As of now, I have no word on the state of my watch. This coming April 8 will be exactly 1/2 of a year since Andrew's watch smiths have had the watch.  He never updates me, unless I ask him to, and they all he says is "he'll check", then I hear nothing. 

At one point he said his watch smiths were waiting on parts. That didn't make sense since the watch ran great. No rust could be seen in the see-through case back. I asked him why they were looking for parts and still no answer.  I said that the only parts I could see them needing may be an O ring gasket or two, a washer, and some silicone... all super cheap, and easy to find in many sizes. 

Still I haven't heard anything from him again. I used to think highly of Andrew and Trusty Time, but no longer.  I think his service is terrible and his communication is abysmal. I would not recommend sending any watch to him for service. I may never buy another watch from this guy - and I was a good customer of his for years,  often sending him new clients.

Now I am worried I may never get my watch serviced and returned, or all the money and the watch without service back to me.

Buyers beware of Andrew at Trusty Time. He is not "trusty".  I get the impression he doesn't care about good service any more.

Edited by Richie
misspelling

Wriggles

Youre a member for six years and post this? Talk to a mod if you're having an issue, just like it says in the new members thread on what to do if something goes wrong.

Jesus the numpty factory is working overtime this week

Glaude
2 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Youre a member for six years and post this? Talk to a mod if you're having an issue, just like it says in the new members thread on what to do if something goes wrong.

This !

All the :handjob: have a GTG this week ?

OP ask for a mod help and don't post shit like that

Handsehildorf
10 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Who do you think your talking to people like that u RAT  show some respect init just give him sum kind advice and get a job 

Glaude
3 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

Who do you think your talking to people like that u RAT  show some respect init just give him sum kind advice and get a job 

He did give him the advice of contacting a mod, exactly what he should have done...

Handsehildorf

Its the he says shit rude and unexceptable man it pisses me of rude cunt wouldnt do in public dont do it here

Glaude
5 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

Its the he says shit rude and unexceptable man it pisses me of rude cunt wouldnt do in public dont do it here

It's not relevant, I don't encourage violence at all and I have no problem saying anything in front of anyone, whatever their size or skill.
He hasn't been particularly rude, he just pointed simple fact : OP is a member for 6 years, with 0 post prior this one, so he most probably have read a lot of things and he should know that you don't post this sort of topic before contacting a mod.

And also, along with you and other questionable brained people like _ettore, it seems that new members are not willing to follow the basic rules of the forum.
Don't like it in here ? I don't understand why you stay if people piss you off, there's nothing at all in here that you won't find in other rep forum.

Daffy
14 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

Who rattled your cell door, anyway?  Go back to your skateboarding and pot smoking.

WatchDog21

OP if what you have posted contains all the facts of the matter you have my sympathy.  I do hope that you ask a mod to step in and help sort it all out.

10 minutes ago, Glaude said:

It's not relevant, I don't encourage violence at all and I have no problem saying anything in front of anyone, whatever their size or skill.
He hasn't been particularly rude, he just pointed simple fact : OP is a member for 6 years, with 0 post prior this one, so he most probably have read a lot of things and he should know that you don't post this sort of topic before contacting a mod.

And also, along with you and other questionable brained people like _ettore, it seems that new members are not willing to follow the basic rules of the forum.
Don't like it in here ? I don't understand why you stay if people piss you off, there's nothing at all in here that you won't find in other rep forum.

100% Agreement.  The "intellect" of the uneducated is shining brightly!

GingerApple
42 minutes ago, Glaude said:

All the :handjob: have a GTG this week ?

Yes mate, we did. We sent you your invitation too. Perhaps it got lost in the post?

Glaude
4 minutes ago, GingerBubba said:

Yes mate, we did. We sent you your invitation too. Perhaps it got lost in the post?

I split up with Thommo, we don't live in the same place anymore, you should have sent it at the castle.

Wriggles
40 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

29 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

Christ would you ever quit your moaning Myrtle.

I stated facts it's that simple.  What, they offend you as well??

I get it, I offended your precious sensibilities when I made a comment about your carry on. And you made veiled physical threats because you do jiu jitsu and shit. Now you just follow me around like a bleating sheep bleating about every little thing I post. Like I fucking care.

Get some cheese for your whine and fuck off

RepGuy
36 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

You have contributed absolutely nothing to the forum in your time here, aside from complaining and getting on people's cases about how they reply to others.

You are trying to use your personal feelings to dictate the way others use this forum, and that doesn't fly here. Unless someone steps way over the bounds of "acceptable" behavior, they are free to say what they want.

Spend some time reading up on the New Member Posts and try to actually contribute. All you're doing is making enemies, which won't help you if things ever go downhill with a rep purchase. 

Handsehildorf

Every ones human treat every with respect its simple we are not here to b demoralized got it i hate bullies

Daffy
9 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

You have contributed absolutely nothing to the forum in your time here, aside from complaining and getting on people's cases about how they reply to others.

You are trying to use your personal feelings to dictate the way others use this forum, and that doesn't fly here. Unless someone steps way over the bounds of "acceptable" behavior, they are free to say what they want.

Spend some time reading up on the New Member Posts and try to actually contribute. All you're doing is making enemies, which won't help you if things ever go downhill with a rep purchase. 

This^^^^.  Buckets full of this. @Handsehildorf

Believe me, if I were selling items M2M and you wanted something, I would have to decline to sell to you. 

You're showing us that you are a complainer, and that you believe your "morality" are universal laws, when they are most definitely NOT.  Especially when you complain about other folks language and behavior, and then you spout back incoherent rants with your own mix of favorite curses.

WatchDog21
11 minutes ago, Wriggles said:

Christ would you ever quit your moaning Myrtle.

I stated facts it's that simple.  What, they offend you as well??

I get it, I offended your precious sensibilities when I made a comment about your carry on. And you made veiled physical threats because you do jiu jitsu and shit. Now you just follow me around like a bleating sheep bleating about every little thing I post. Like I fucking care.

Get some cheese for your whine and fuck off

I can almost hear it now; "you wouldn't talk to me like that if we were face to face...." :ninja2:

Wriggles
7 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

Every ones human treat every with respect its simple we are not here to b demoralized got it i hate bullies

Yeah and I hate dickheads who join forums, ask stupid questions, have things handed to them, ask even more stupid questions,, anden tell people how to behave.  I think you'll find that's a form of bullying also. So, you self hate. No surprise

Here's a question. You've threatened to run to mods to whine, twice. Did they tell you anything? Have you been told to grow a pair and have decided you will  moderate for yourself and are now on a mission tocastigate me for nothing? I guess so

4 minutes ago, WatchDog21 said:

I can almost hear it now; "you wouldn't talk to me like that if we were face to face...." :ninja2:

He's already basically done that. 

RepGuy
3 minutes ago, Handsehildorf said:

As I've said before, your feelings will not dictate how others use this forum.

Serious question: Why are you on this forum? You are more caught up with moderating others free speech than actually researching replicas. You appear to be here for the wrong reasons.

Daffy
14 minutes ago, RepGuy said:

As I've said before, your feelings will not dictate how others use this forum.

Serious question: Why are you on this forum? You are more caught up with moderating others free speech than actually researching replicas. You appear to be here for the wrong reasons.

I think this guy needs to meet @sfa437 .

Sebastjan_b

He can meet me face to fist. Khm face :-)

Urminme

:couchbeer:

MB62

I don't think @Wriggles said anything out of the ordinary here..

I'm also a new member and I know if you got a problem with a TD just go to a mod.. there is absolutely no point whatsoever making a thread and complaingen.

Also @Handsehildorf I don't understand your point of telling people how to behave.. What are you 12 years that you're talking down on people and calling people a rat? Internet gangster

Wriggles
3 minutes ago, MB62 said:

I don't think @Wriggles said anything out of the ordinary here..

I'm also a new member and I know if you got a problem with a TD just go to a mod.. there is absolutely no point whatsoever making a thread and complaingen.

Also @Handsehildorf I don't understand your point of telling people how to behave.. What are you 12 years that you're talking down on people and calling people a rat? Internet gangster

He's certainly illiterate enough to be a child. Lists location as England. Certainly the poor language skills would indicate probably not born there and probably only moved recently. Anything else causes grave concern about the education system.....

Sebastjan_b

Oh cmon bro. Not everyone here can speak perfect English. Im one of them and it’s not nice to diss someone because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB62

Aren't there any rules about swearing ? Totally unacceptable IMO calling people a cunt and a rat 

Jesus if these 12 year olds are going to buy replica 10,000 € + watches everybody can get called out :lol: :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Sebastjan_b said:

Oh cmon bro. Not everyone here can speak perfect English. Im one of them and it’s not nice to diss someone because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, but if someone is going to call me a cunt and a rat, I don't care and will diss them for anything :-))