Chixisigma

Full review to follow.. 

IWC 371446

Mary Watch | YL Factory dream combo.

First pic:

20180406_092554.jpg

Chi

Chixisigma

@GingerBubba Still waiting on the ZicZac strap but how does this compare with your ZF? More pics needed?

Chi

GingerApple

Looks the same to me mate, looks good. That was my third Rep purchase ever. I never wear it now to be honest.... got the Rolex/Diver bug instead. Hopefully you wear your more than I did. I might need to dig mine out again; it is a nice watch, congrats.

Chixisigma

As promised, a 'full-ish' review

This has the same movement as the revised ZFs and has been running v. accurately so far (<1 day).

Functioning chronograph. Quite the novelty and the mechanical feedback, particularly on the reset, is very pleasing. The long, thin second counter is a beautiful thing in flight as it circumnavigates the edge of the dial.

I've never really been obsessed with a dial before but this is breathtaking 'in the flesh'. A real beauty. Been looking at it for most of the day (sorry boss).

It's very difficult to catch the blue accents of the watch looking blue. Rather they're navy blue at best and most often appear almost black, but when the light catches them just right...oh boy!

The small hacking secs dial at 6 is very cool too.

The build quality and attention to detail from YL gets two thumbs up. I was tossing up the ZF model, of course, but an extensive discussion across the road led me to here and I'm dead 'appy.

The rep strap actually looks great. However, I'm still glad I have a ZicZac custom en route.

Overall, extremely pleased. Highly recommended.

Onto the pics...

20180406_164838.jpg

20180406_164852.jpg

20180406_164928.jpg

20180406_164940.jpg

20180406_165009.jpg

20180406_165111.jpg

20180406_165125.jpg

alanArgon

I asked mary about which factory for this as well ZF or YL... She was eagle-eye sharp. Do you guys know why she suggested YL as better...

Look at the marking of the '3' and the marking of the '15'... the one on ZF doesn't line-up while the one on YL aligns perfectly as seen in this the watch posted here...

I am getting from Mary soon - the one with Gold numerals...

36 minutes ago, Chixisigma said:

As promised, a 'full-ish' review

This has the same movement as the revised ZFs and has been running v. accurately so far (<1 day).

Functioning chronograph. Quite the novelty and the mechanical feedback, particularly on the reset, is very pleasing. The long, thin second counter is a beautiful thing in flight as it circumnavigates the edge of the dial.

I've never really been obsessed with a dial before but this is breathtaking 'in the flesh'. A real beauty. Been looking at it for most of the day (sorry boss).

It's very difficult to catch the blue accents of the watch looking blue. Rather they're navy blue at best and most often appear almost black, but when the light catches them just right...oh boy!

The small hacking secs dial at 6 is very cool too.

The build quality and attention to detail from YL gets two thumbs up. I was tossing up the ZF model, of course, but an extensive discussion across the road led me to here and I'm dead 'appy.

The rep strap actually looks great. However, I'm still glad I have a ZicZac custom en route.

Overall, extremely pleased. Highly recommended.

Onto the pics...

20180406_164838.jpg

20180406_164852.jpg

20180406_164928.jpg

20180406_164940.jpg

20180406_165009.jpg

20180406_165111.jpg

20180406_165125.jpg

BTW, how's the Blue Tint on the sapphire? is that obvious like the gen IWCs - Thanks

Chixisigma
1 hour ago, alanArgon said:

BTW, how's the Blue Tint on the sapphire? is that obvious like the gen IWCs - Thanks

Haven't noticed the blue tint in the crystal. Haven't looked for it either. I'll look tomorrow in natural light :)

You've got a great watch on the way, pal!

Glaude

Great pictures, thanks for your review !

VMSG

thanks for your review!

This is probably one of the next watches I'll buy.

Chixisigma

Custom strap arrived from ZicZac today. Can't wait to get it fitted

20180420_134402.jpg

20180420_134429.jpg

20180420_134517.jpg

20180420_134524.jpg

Chi