Rad

Casing a Rolex 1520 Movement

Rad

Greetings, first posted this in General Discussion, but see this might be a better forum. New to the site and thought one of the experts here might be able to lend a hand. I have a 1520 movement in my Air King. I changed out the dial, which has all gone well, but I'm having difficulty casing the movement. I know the movement has to drop in 1/4 turn from center in order for the "ears" of the set screws to line up. Set screws are tight as recommended. Just cannot get the movement to turn. Appears as if it is not far enough into the case and the "ears" are hitting the ridge.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Rad

J!m

You changed the dial- is the stack height the same? 

For example, a “thin” dial (or pie pan) will often sit “deeper” in the case than a “thick” dial (or flat dial) will.

It could also be a diameter difference on the dial. There is a very small counterbore for the dial edge to sit in. 1mm larger on the dial and it won’t seat in all the way. Did you confirm the dial diameter and fitment in the case before mounting it on the movement?

just some ideas because without the watch in hand it is difficult to give much help.