Dance2it

First Order Placed - Omega SM CrPO 42mm

Dance2it

Hi all,

I'm a new member from Auckland, New Zealand - the bottom corner of the world.

I have a few gen watches, i.e. Longines, Seiko, etc, but I was really curious about how gen-like well-made replicas would be.

Lately, I had ordered a SMPO replica from DHGate (roughly $210 NZD), and whilst the watch was more well-made than I expected, it still had a few obvious flaws, i.e. finishing on bezel was poor, the lume on bezel was off-centre with the triangle, bezel had lots of play in both directions, etc.

Today, after many weeks of reading on this forum and shallow online researching  about A-2824-2 movements, I've just made my first order (5 mins ago) with Josh @ Perfect Clones:

https://www.pf-828.com/omcpo42-701-nf-p-ocean-ceramic-black-ss-ss-a-2824.html

I still don't have any real expectations of what I will receive and just hoping for the best.

So, whilst I enter this 'wait-in-pain' phase, please let me ask a few questions to make it as painless as possible:

1. Has anyone had experience with Perfect Clones - of what quality was the watch? (would very much appreciated a thorough answer to this question)

2. It says on the website that there is a Serial Number on the watch - is this a randomised number, or is it a copied S/N from an actual gen watch?

3. Some people say get the movement oiled and serviced when I get the watch - any experiences?

I have not yet received QC photos, and I have read that I can't upload those onto this forum. I will upload actual photos once I receive the watch - hopefully within 2 weeks.

In the meanwhile, any feedback on the questions above would be greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards,

Glaude

Hi Sir Kiwi and welcome !

1. PC is one of the biggest around here in terms of volume, but like any other, he doesn't make the products, he only sell them, so the question is not really relevant to the TD but rather to the watch, Luxuracer told you in the Shoutybox that this one is a good one if you can get an old of it ;) 

2. Probably randomised number, likely to be the same on the all the watches from the batches of yours

3. There are two sides on that : If you can afford it and have a watchsmith rep friendly near you, getting it serviced won't hurt that's for sure, but there's no problem if you don't do it right away.

McGilli
42 minutes ago, Dance2it said:

So, whilst I enter this 'wait-in-pain' phase, please let me ask a few questions to make it as painless as possible:

1. Has anyone had experience with Perfect Clones - of what quality was the watch? (would very much appreciated a thorough answer to this question)

Well done man.  Sounds like you did almost all your homework before ordered :)

1. Just go to the customer reviews for him on this site. You'll find all the info you want about him, his service and the watches received. It will put you at ease :)

Yeah just sit back and wait. It's worth it. Good luck.

Rx4Time

That looks like a noob CrPO.  Good news is it's one if the best reps of an Omega as far as build quality and accuracy from dial side, along with the LMPO.  Bad news is they are out of production for over a year so they may not be able to get one for you. 

Dance2it

Hi all,

Just to update, I have now received QC photos.

Couple of points:

1. The dial-side photos were taken from an angle, not head-on, so it was very difficult to tell if the triangle marker on bezel was correctly aligned to the 12 o'clock mark. I did ask for more photos, but Josh declined, as he said the 7 photos provided were already 'above and beyond' what other dealers would provide.

2. I noticed the appearance of the movement is markedly different to the gen. This is  totally my fault, as pictures of the movement were on the website, and I completely overlooked this. The DHGate SMPO that I mentioned above had an excellent appearance for the movement, so I think I unconsciously expected Perfect Clones to be the same, if not better, as the price is at about $160.00 NZD more than the one from DHGate and the description is a 1:1 clone. MY FAULT.

3. There were 2 back-case-side photos. On one of the photos, the serial number sits where it should, although the numbers are not legible due to low image quality. On another photo, the numbers are legible, but not sitting where it should be, and one of the numbers climbs up the frame of the glass back case. So I don't know which of the two images are my watch - I thought QC photos were meant to be actual photos of my watch, so I'm unsure if one of the photos is a generic photo, which leads me to question whether some of the other dial-side photos are also generic.. disappointing.

I've gotten back to Josh about the points above, but he does not have much to say apart from 'QC pics are not meant to close up scrutiny'..  We've bounced back a couple of emails, but he just seems to repeat the same i.e. no more QC photos available, refer to website photos, etc. He will not answer regarding point 3.

I've given up now and will just have to accept whatever is sent to me, as I don't believe further communication will go anywhere (partly because of his command in English, either that, or he's pretending not to understand, I'm not sure which of the two).

I will upload actual photos once received.

Warmest regards to all,

Joyjoyk

QC pics imo are to verify that it's the watch you ordered and if there were any obvious flaws. When you receive the watch, do post pics, and if you are very unhappy about your purchase and dealings with the TD there are always others to try!

Shop around and find a TD that best suits your needs, each has their own pros and cons

DeehNorris

Oh, another Kiwi! Great to see more of us on here! Hopefully you can survive the wait, it's the worst part!

Glaude
18 hours ago, Dance2it said:

Hi all,

Couple of points:

1. The dial-side photos were taken from an angle, not head-on, so it was very difficult to tell if the triangle marker on bezel was correctly aligned to the 12 o'clock mark. I did ask for more photos, but Josh declined, as he said the 7 photos provided were already 'above and beyond' what other dealers would provide.

2. I noticed the appearance of the movement is markedly different to the gen. This is  totally my fault, as pictures of the movement were on the website, and I completely overlooked this. The DHGate SMPO that I mentioned above had an excellent appearance for the movement, so I think I unconsciously expected Perfect Clones to be the same, if not better, as the price is at about $160.00 NZD more than the one from DHGate and the description is a 1:1 clone. MY FAULT.

3. There were 2 back-case-side photos. On one of the photos, the serial number sits where it should, although the numbers are not legible due to low image quality. On another photo, the numbers are legible, but not sitting where it should be, and one of the numbers climbs up the frame of the glass back case. So I don't know which of the two images are my watch - I thought QC photos were meant to be actual photos of my watch, so I'm unsure if one of the photos is a generic photo, which leads me to question whether some of the other dial-side photos are also generic.. disappointing.

I've gotten back to Josh about the points above, but he does not have much to say apart from 'QC pics are not meant to close up scrutiny'..  We've bounced back a couple of emails, but he just seems to repeat the same i.e. no more QC photos available, refer to website photos, etc. He will not answer regarding point 3.

I've given up now and will just have to accept whatever is sent to me, as I don't believe further communication will go anywhere (partly because of his command in English, either that, or he's pretending not to understand, I'm not sure which of the two).

Warmest regards to all,

1. First rule : if you're not happy with the TD responses, if you don't feel comfortable doing business with him, reject the QC and ask for a refund, there's other TD in here.

2. As you said it's your fault on that one, but not a big deal in the end

3. As Josh said, QC are not for a close up inspection, if there's anything not to your liking when you receive the watch, contact Josh and work something with him, if no luck, contact a mod, but you won't find the perfect rep on every aspect, something a little wrong on the case back is absolutely fine.

Remember how lucky you are that your watch is indeed in stock ! 
I'm sure you'll love it when it arrives !

Dance2it

Hi Glaude,

Regarding your points:

1. In the email from Josh with QC photos, it outlined that they 'will not entertain requests for refund' as they have provided above-and-beyond the number of QC photos as standard in the replica market. Therefore, I didn't think I could request for a refund. Also, I remember reading from somewhere, that I am not entitled to a refund, and that it is totally up to the TD.

2. Yup, my fault.

3. I'm not going to post the QC photos on here as previous discussed, but as I've mentioned, there were 2 photos of the backside of the watch. One showed the serial number was in correct position, another photo showed that the serial number was not in the correct position and climbing up the frame of back glass case. I've brought this to Josh's attention, and asked why the photos are different, and also if they are photos of the same watch. He accused me of bringing in external photos.. which I have no reason to do so.. and it was quite disheartening. I will wait to see which of the two photos was actually my watch when I receive it. At this point, I've given up further communication with him, as he's not answering my question directly regarding this point.

I do feel lucky that this particular model is available, given that some have pointed out this is not easy to get nowadays, however, just feeling a bit let down by this TD in his communication thus far - In my humble opinion, clear and forthcoming communication is not his forte.

I will post photos of the actual watch once received, and will contact the seller and a MOD if I wish to discuss remedial action.

Wishing you all a happy Friday from the land of the Hobbits. It's already 10.21am Friday 13/04/18 here :)

Wriggles

.For these very reasons I have never even entertained using PC. This is quite the opposite attitude I've had with most other dealers, if you want more QC pics to check something that seems a little off then the dealer should attempt to accommodate within reason, and your requests don't sound unreasonable.

Josh's attitude -if you are reporting it correctly - sucks. Particularly the bit about accusing you of using external photos. Quite simply it all smacks of arrogance. It'll probably work out ok OP but personally I'd be letting my money do the talking and take your business to Mary, or MR or any of the other TDs who take customer service seriously. 

FunnyStarSystem

This is why it's often said, pick your dealer first and then your watch. There are times (although rare) when only one dealer can get a certain watch, but for the most part you'll develop a rapport with certain dealers and stick to them.

Joyjoyk
2 hours ago, Dance2it said:

Hi Glaude,

Regarding your points:

1. In the email from Josh with QC photos, it outlined that they 'will not entertain requests for refund' as they have provided above-and-beyond the number of QC photos as standard in the replica market. Therefore, I didn't think I could request for a refund. Also, I remember reading from somewhere, that I am not entitled to a refund, and that it is totally up to the TD.

2. Yup, my fault.

3. I'm not going to post the QC photos on here as previous discussed, but as I've mentioned, there were 2 photos of the backside of the watch. One showed the serial number was in correct position, another photo showed that the serial number was not in the correct position and climbing up the frame of back glass case. I've brought this to Josh's attention, and asked why the photos are different, and also if they are photos of the same watch. He accused me of bringing in external photos.. which I have no reason to do so.. and it was quite disheartening. I will wait to see which of the two photos was actually my watch when I receive it. At this point, I've given up further communication with him, as he's not answering my question directly regarding this point.

I do feel lucky that this particular model is available, given that some have pointed out this is not easy to get nowadays, however, just feeling a bit let down by this TD in his communication thus far - In my humble opinion, clear and forthcoming communication is not his forte.

I will post photos of the actual watch once received, and will contact the seller and a MOD if I wish to discuss remedial action.

Wishing you all a happy Friday from the land of the Hobbits. It's already 10.21am Friday 13/04/18 here :)

Your attitude to this is commendable. So is not posting QC pics which is against the rules. Hope you have an OK resolution of this, and in future dealings just let your money do the talking! I'm on to my 4th TD and counting now.. I know which ones I'll be sticking to and which ones to avoid (totally personal preference):giggle:

aitcharGMT
On 2018-04-10 at 22:19, Dance2it said:

Hi all,

Couple of points:

Warmest regards to all,

# 1 The above and beyond thing is simply not true! Even DHGate guys offer more pictures! (Not advocating to buy from there!) The problem is that he doesn't want the trouble to ask the factory for more pictures. I don't think he takes the pictures himself. I've had the same issues and once the watches are in your hands you _can_ request a refund but FORGET about getting one! He's the guy with the most arrogant attitude and service. Nothing compared to TT and much less Mary or MR. I used to think otherwise but his straight talk turned into arrogance and bad service. I will never buy again from him. Frankly I think he's still considered a TD is because he follows the bare minimum required for that.

#3 Ah, the old question of what are QC for.  Well, for TDs like him, they're to wash their hands and say "well, you can't complain, you accepted them" (this even if they don't cover the bare minimum). And although I know some people nitpick (and believe me, that is bad for the rest of us) another of his points contradict this since he says to not look at the pictures on mobile but on a big screen (LOL).  The real problem though is that  once you find a problem with the watch, oh boy, good look convincing him that it is actually a problem. He will try his best to say it's not and if you happen to be right and can prove it once you have the watch in your hands, well, he might take it back but at _your_ expense.

Franky in my last transaction I should have walked away and requested a refund but was dumb enough to go through with it... I think you know where I'm going with this.  I hate to badmouth any one, much more a TD but I'm tired of his attitude. 

Edited by aitcharGMT

aitcharGMT
2 hours ago, funnystarsystem said:

This is why it's often said, pick your dealer first and then your watch. There are times (although rare) when only one dealer can get a certain watch, but for the most part you'll develop a rapport with certain dealers and stick to them.

+1 although at some point I thought I had that here. No more.

MB62

You got a good mentality man. Do not forget that all reps will have minor faults (ie the case back). 

Too bad you had such an experience from your first TD buy!

I hope the watch will look good once you recieve it!

McGilli

So I have no personal experience with him - but - I would probably be inclined to order from someone else personally based on yours and others experiences in this thread.

There are so many great TD's available - it doesn't take much for me to get turned off, or on to sellers. 

@Dance2it Always good to see a post about a not-positive experience that still comes off as level headed and not all agro. Well done.

Dance2it

Hi all,

I've received my watch on Monday 16.04.2018, which was pretty quick to be honest.

Overall, although I am not blown away with it, I am satisfied with the watch.

A few points of issues:

Link: https://www.pf-828.com/omcpo42-701-nf-p-ocean-ceramic-black-ss-ss-a-2824.html

1.  The website says lug width is 22mm - it's actually 20mm. I had already ordered a 22mm NATO strap based on the website's description of 22mm lug width, so unfortunately, I will need to order another one that is 20mm. 

2. The website photos show that the lume is blue and green as per the genuine, however, the actual watch has all green lume.

3. The finishing on the clasp engraving is average

4. Ball bearing on the clasp is broken - see photo - Josh has advised that he will send a replacement clasp via airmail.

5. Although not quite visible via photo, the 'E' on the OMEGA logo on the dial has some kind of coating error on it i.e. has a spec of different colours on the 'E'

6. The serial number issue I mentioned in the above posts was nothing to worry about - it seems it was an optical illusion from the QC pics.  

Otherwise:

- Dial-side 9/10 , watch looks great. The 12 hr lume is displaced to the left slightly, i.e. it's not exactly vertical from 6 hr marker, but not notable unless you look closely. The date window is also just too close to the 3 hr marker. Good sapphire crystal.

- Bezel 9/10. Good tightness, no play, feels almost like gen bezel rotation.

- Case-side 7/10, looks obviously fake. The movement appearance is nothing like gen. The DHGate CrPO I mentioned I got previously had a much better looking movement, almost genuine. Serial number position correct. Apart from movement, everything on case-side looks great.

- Bracelet 8/10. Good SS, does not squeak on movement, good weight, nicely polished, easily adjustable two-screw links. The finishing on the clasp engraving is very average although the photo doesn't show it much.  Also, the clasp polishing is average.  As mentioned, the ball bearing was broken upon receipt, which suggests that it's not very well-made. Appearance wise, bracelet is all good.

- Accuracy 10/10. Have had it for a few days now, and the movement is surprisingly accurate, i.e. +/- 10 s/d. Movement is not too loud.

Overall, I would give the watch a 9/10.

Personally, I've found it extremely hard to communicate with Josh @ Perfect Clones, and I am not in a rush to recommend him as a TD. However, if you're just after a decent replica, and not worried about the communication, I think you would be okay. In my humble opinion, the watch quality is good, but the TD's attitude and communication is of far less quality.

My first ride in the world of replica watches has been somewhat rough and it has been a steep learning curve. I will know now what to look out for, and if I decide to get another one, I would try another TD.

Glaude
5 minutes ago, Dance2it said:

A few points of issues:

Link: https://www.pf-828.com/omcpo42-701-nf-p-ocean-ceramic-black-ss-ss-a-2824.html

1.  The website says lug width is 22mm - it's actually 20mm. I had already ordered a 22mm NATO strap based on the website's description of 22mm lug width, so unfortunately, I will need to order another one that is 20mm. 

2. The website photos show that the lume is blue and green as per the genuine, however, the actual watch has all green lume.

4. Ball bearing on the clasp is broken - see photo - Josh has advised that he will send a replacement clasp via airmail.

5. Although not quite visible via photo, the 'E' on the OMEGA logo on the dial has some kind of coating error on it i.e. has a spec of different colours on the 'E'

6. The serial number issue I mentioned in the above posts was nothing to worry about - it seems it was an optical illusion from the QC pics.  

Otherwise:

- Accuracy 10/10. Have had it for a few days now, and the movement is surprisingly accurate, i.e. +/- 10 s/d. Movement is not too loud.

Personally, I've found it extremely hard to communicate with Josh @ Perfect Clones, and I am not in a rush to recommend him as a TD. However, if you're just after a decent replica, and not worried about the communication, I think you would be okay. In my humble opinion, the watch quality is good, but the TD's attitude and communication is of far less quality.

1. That's probably an honest mistake from Josh, you could send him an email about he'll probably correct it.

2. Strange not worthy of a return in my mind, but can also be notified to him.

4. Josh is known for a great after sale service, can't deny that to him.

Regarding the accuracy, I've ordered 2 watches from Josh and they all seem to have been regulated before sending.

Josh is indeed difficult to communicate because he tries to do everything correctly to avoid communication, he keeps it to a bare minimum.
I think he's a good all-round TD, he does things quickly and take care of things a newbie won't think about when ordering, after some times in this game you may indeed want to build a more friendly relationship with your TD and he's not necessarily the good one for that.
It is to be noted that I've kept good relationship with him and exchanged a few emails without any ordering and he was absolutely fine.

My advice is to go with a TD you feel comfortable doing business with, knowing that not any one of those on the list will screw you over !

Luxuracer
11 minutes ago, Dance2it said:

Hi all,

I've received my watch on Monday 16.04.2018, which was pretty quick to be honest.

Overall, although I am not blown away with it, I am satisfied with the watch.

A few points of issues:

It sounds like he sent you a Planet Ocean Ceramic (CrPO) 42mm .... not 45mm (Noob made both)

I bought watches from 9 TDs and 1 non-TD .... Josh is the only one that I had to cancel my order because he refused to provide more than 6 photos so I could confirm that he had the right watch for my order. 

Luxuracer

@Dance2it .... Can you post a picture of the lume?

Noob CrPO should have blue lume on hour hand and indice markers, green lume on minute hand and insert pearl.