Sebastjan_b

Squeaky bracelet

Sebastjan_b

Hello

i need advice how to make new bracelet more "soft" and not squeaky. I realy dont know how to explain whats happening any other way. i was thinking about using WD40 but decided to ask first.

thanks

Logixa

Wd40 works well. Let is soak for a couple of minutes. You can also try a sonic bath in baby oil. 

Lagger

Yeah like had been said, take it off and put it in aerosol lid(is what I use) and cover it on baby oil and leave it overnight

bjc77

I did the following to a new  Rolex oyster bracelet following advice somewhere on this forum. Wash it with soapy water and a soft bristled toothbrush. You'll be surprised by the amount of crud that will come off - I was. Let it soak in baby oil for 12 hours or so. Let it air dry then polish it. Worked an absolute treat. 

WatchDog21

There is a thread here with the following information but I can't find it right now; probably why I saved it in a email so I could find it faster... anyway

1.  Rinse with soap and water, then use a toothbrush to clean between links
2.  Dry with a paper towel or cotton rag of some sort
3.  Air dry, hair dryer does well
4.  Place in a bowl of baby oil, rattle it a few times to remove air bubbles, let it sit overnight.
5.  Rinse with water (no soap) then dry.
6.  Let it sit for an hour or so to residual oil to leech out.
7.  Buff with a soft cloth

Sebastjan_b

Damn i was just thinking about spraying it. Thanks. Will do that tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjc77

Here's the original thread. I'm delighted with the results - thanks LightGeek

LightGeek

• No Comment.
  • powermax.gif.30df9a8fce15ecd5012a1bbe1cc
  • LightGeek
  • VIP/Supporter!
  •  
  • 8,759 posts

Watch Bracelet Spa Treatment

This post is intended as a simple reference as I've had almost a dozen inquiries about what the heck it is. Feel free to chime in.

The issue we are solving is that rep bracelets from the factory are generally pretty cruddy, feel harsh, and have scratchy link movement. While there are many threads floating around on how to solve it, this is just my take on it.

1. Take off the bracelet. I'm not going into detail here but once you've worked one spring bar, it will become second nature. If it's a screwed in pin, it's even easier. Just make a mental note which direction to reattach the bracelet afterwards. Don't let the spring bar hit you in the eye by the way.

2. Do a rinse under the tap with some soap to remove top layer debris.

3. Do a more in depth wash by either using a soft toothbrush to get between the links with soap or use an ultrasonic cleaner with your favourite detergent formula:

Ultrasonic Clean 1:

!pyra7eta.jpg!

4. Wash it one more time until you're satisfied. Change the solution if you want:

Ultrasonic Clean 2:

u4y7a3e8.jpg

5. Fully dry the bracelet using paper towels, rags, or the t-shirt you're wearing.

6. Let it air dry, use a blow drier, or hold it outside your car window and drive very fast. The idea is to get all the water out of the crevices.

7. Grab some baby oil and put the bracelet in. Let it sit and then agitate it gently a few times to dislodge air bubbles (e.g. caught in the link pin holes)

Baby Oil Bath:

eqydusuj.jpg

8. Let the bracelet sit overnight. Resist the urge to pull out early. Leave it in and let it bathe in the juices.

9. In the morning, take the bracelet out and rinse it under running water (no soap). Use a paper towel to fully dry the bracelet. Let it sit for a hour or so. This will allow any free oils to leech out. Paper towel it off, then give it a nice light buff using a new t-shirt or nice cotton sweater you're wearing.

10. Reinstall the bracelet on the case. Hopefully you haven't lost it.

So, what's the result?

- cleaned nooks and crannies on the bracelet

- oiled between the links and link pins

- gives the bracelet a very nice lustre

- bracelet feels baby bum smooth (unless you had a crappy bracelet to start!)

- smells wonderful with the "new baby" scent

- beautiful women will flock to you subconsciously because of the baby scent

- is NON-TOXIC so no worries when the little bit of oil ends up on your wrist

What it won't do?

- make the crappy bracelet on your $35 rep feel better. You'll need to sand and polish that and it's beyond the scope of this guide.

What's the difference between a $50 rep and a $500 one? ANSWER:  http://www.rwg.bz/bo...showtopic=40008

What's a tourbillon? ANSWER:  http://tinyurl.com/pt594xw

"Please realize that we can't walk you through every single step on buying a rep, you have to be competent enough to know how to find the answers for yourself. The information is out there (I found everything I know with some research), you just need to take time to search and read through old threads."

Sebastjan_b

I followed everything written and bracelet is squeaky no more :-). Bit oily but will use air compressor tomorrow and soft cloth to wipe it out. Thanks everyone this really helped a lot. Needless to say I will stick to leather or fabric belts from now on.

Jibuti

I am confused-how do you squeeze oil from baby...?

Sebastjan_b

That was the hard part. First you need a bowl and a baby. Go to kitchen and get a bowl (Medium size). Next go to nursery and steal a baby (fresher the better). Gently squeeze the baby and there it is. Fresh baby oil :-). Save the baby in freezer for next time.

Jibuti

Videm-version, I see now...

Sebastjan_b

Hahahahaha pek

McGilli
26 minutes ago, Sebastjan_b said:

I followed everything written and bracelet is squeaky no more :-). Bit oily but will use air compressor tomorrow and soft cloth to wipe it out. Thanks everyone this really helped a lot. Needless to say I will stick to leather or fabric belts from now on.

What I found that is even easier - just don't shower for a week. Let your body get all oily naturally. Always wear the watch - and then it gets lubricated and quiet naturally! Save the environment! 

HAHA glad you got it sorted.

Jibuti

mcgilli I did frequently try that when was in navy..did not help-I had leather strap on....

Mr Stubbs
14 hours ago, jibuti said:

mcgilli I did frequently try that when was in navy..did not help-I had leather strap on....

You had a leather strap on?

Oh, on the WATCH. That's okay then.  ;)

Jibuti

I might look good both ways, Stubbs... :)

And do not believe all the stories from navy days.... they are much worse actually... ;)

Nikosaldente

Interesting thread......

Foundation

Hi maybe repeated

1 wash with toothbrush soap and water

2 dry

3 use bike chain dry lube ( half an hour)

4 wash with toothbrush soap and water

5 lube with sewing machine oil

6 wash with little soapy water

you will be surprised how the dry lube gets all crap out and polished it slightly