FamousDutch

116610 Submariner VRF Max (V2)

duddlyboy
3 hours ago, MB62 said:

Yes, but these insert markers look better than those on standard noob V7, IMO

Hopefully , once people start receiving the watches , and we start getting reviews and feedback , the bezel 'quality' will be confirmed.  I have never really fancied a 'subby' , but if  these are as nice as they look , I think i might treat myself to a Hulk .

Edited by duddlyboy

Sommelier

Got QC pics for two so-called "Max" Hulk VRF, the rehaut was misaligned in both case, bezel shitty on the first one and timegrapher horrendous on the second one:

IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0208.jpg

dfd_11.jpg

GingerApple

Wow, shocking rehault alignment. Almost as bad as this one:

ngwur.jpg

1r9bh5.jpg

30s9gdz.jpg

Seriously guys, expectations a bit high?

FamousDutch

@Gingerbubba Lol is that a rep sold as a real one ?  Or a real one with shitty rehault ? :)

@Sommelier That sucks bro ! I get my QC pics soon (For the black one) hope everything is ok.
Did u ask for new ones on both ?

goldrolexdaydate

The milky cyclops is such a deal breaker, I wonder if it really looks that bad in person...

JDM180
1 hour ago, FamousDutch said:

@Gingerbubba Lol is that a rep sold as a real one ?  Or a real one with shitty rehault ? :)

When you start looking at gens in store , you soon realise Rolex dont really give a shit about rehaut aligning 

GingerApple

Real! Deffo real!

And as JDM says, it's far from unique. You're seeking perfection in a cheap fake that even a £20k Gen often doesn't achieve.

Sommelier
On 13/04/2018 at 22:34, FamousDutch said:

@Sommelier That sucks bro ! I get my QC pics soon (For the black one) hope everything is ok.
Did u ask for new ones on both ?

I ordered one watch. Refused the first. Refused the second. Expect the third QC pics.

True JDM, I've seen since Rolex doesn't always align rehauts. Which is quite amazing to me. I wouldn't care much for the movement finish but the rehaut is something you see.

deju

Won’t lie if you are self conscious of a Rehaut then you’ll be the biggest tell of your rep watch. :rofl: 

If it bothered you pick a non etched rehaut model job done! 

duddlyboy

I've just spoken to a TD he says there are no changes the the VRF Hulk , bezel, dial , or inserts( or any of their subs ) !! Although some members were sure the could see them .LOL

He has told me the 'MAX' is just just a change to the packaging .LOL

Please don't shoot the messenger I was just making enquires to buy one .

Edited by duddlyboy

Pseudorep

There was a change to the dial at least, the = is now offset to the left (like the 2012 gens).

Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree (QC looks utter shite on this model but could be the factory shifting the rejects/crap out the door first).

duddlyboy
15 minutes ago, Pseudorep said:

There was a change to the dial at least, the = is now offset to the left (like the 2012 gens).

Otherwise, I'm inclined to agree (QC looks utter shite on this model but could be the factory shifting the rejects/crap out the door first).

I only know what I have been told by my TD ( RWG approved) . He says the only changes are to the packaging ,( looks like you get a green service pouch included etc ) and the adding of the words 'MAX ' . He says there are no changes to the watch .

Edited by duddlyboy

UnkellSam
16 hours ago, duddlyboy said:

I only know what I have been told by my TD ( RWG approved) . He says the only changes are to the packaging ,( looks like you get a green service pouch included etc ) and the adding of the words 'MAX ' . He says there are no changes to the watch .

TS is also an RWG approved dealer, and both he and his item description say that the MAX version has "Upgraded Bezel, Dial, Lume, Packing": https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=23328.  I'd assume there have been some changes aside from packaging, no matter how small, to warrant the announcement of a new version.

Edited by UnkellSam

duddlyboy
58 minutes ago, UnkellSam said:

TS is also an RWG approved dealer, and both he and his item description say that the MAX version has "Upgraded Bezel, Dial, Lume, Packing": https://www.ts-station.cn/goods.php?ProId=23328.  I'd assume there have been some changes aside from packaging, no matter how small, to warrant the announcement of a new version.

TS-Station isn't in the current list of RWG Trusted Dealers ? Perhaps you're confusing site with Trusty Time ? I only know what a TD told me when I inquired about the 'MAX' version chap . I am going to order a SUB as my next watch having previously had no interest in them , these new versions  have peaked my interest. However I  am going to let the dust settle on the Noob V8, VRF MAX , and the new ARF V2 . At the moment the VRF Hulk is looking favourite , i  think I will wait a little while before I order to see if the TD changes his stance on the 'MAX' version , and to gather more info on the alternatives. That said I can only reiterate what the TD told me in email ' no no changes to watch , only to packaging , perhaps call MAX so people think new version V2 " .As I said don't shoot the messenger . Just to add my TD is advertising on site and sourcing me the latest MAX version if I order .

I hope you are correct , updates to bezel, dial, lume will definitely put a VR factory hulk in my shopping basket .

Edited by duddlyboy

Lagger

TS 'used' to be a TD here, but the guy running it lost the plot for a while and was removed.

I don't know enough to comment if it is a new version, but the fanfare,  and price increase would be a bit much for a green pouch! even for a seller of counterfeit goods!

As for the TD who told you that I'm guessing they might have some old stck, or fell out with the factory, or favor another..........I had one TD tell downright lies about a factory to me before, like I was some random emailing who knew fuck all, there is a level of service expected,QCreshipping etc.....but don't think all TD are the same

duddlyboy
On 18/04/2018 at 00:09, Lagger said:

TS 'used' to be a TD here, but the guy running it lost the plot for a while and was removed.

I don't know enough to comment if it is a new version, but the fanfare,  and price increase would be a bit much even for a seller of counterfeit goods!

As for the TD who told you that I'm guessing they might have some old stck, or fell out with the factory, or favor another..........I had one TD tell downright lies about a factory to me before, like I was some random emailing who knew fuck all, there is a level of service expected,QCreshipping etc.....but don't think all TD are the same

No the TD is already advertising displaying the MAX version on his website, and has confirmed this is the version i will get if i order . I have noted that the website TS that unkleSam directed me to , notes changes to bezel. lume, dial on  new MAX versions of VRF sub /SD watches , but doesn't on the 116610v HULK advertisement  .

You also mention that  TS 'used to be a TD but the guy running it lost the plot for a while and was removed . Also before the MAX version was released , my TD recommended the VRF Hulk . 

The TD i use has been nothing but profession with me , and provided great watches with spot on QC .

HOWEVER perhaps you are correct  , all your assumptions re TD reply to my enquiry could be correct , i hope so . If i do order a VRF Hulk , it would be great to recieve one with improved bezel, dial and lume . Maybe when i contact him towards the end of the month the TD will have altered his opinion as to the changes to the new MAX version .

Edited by duddlyboy

ktkn01

Damn this looked good until I got to the second page...

UnkellSam

I think Steve from "The One Watches" is also a TD.  Here's what he had to say:

HjcC2M1.png

duddlyboy
45 minutes ago, UnkellSam said:

I think Steve from "The One Watches" is also a TD.  Here's what he had to say:

HjcC2M1.png

I think Steve from 'The One Watches ' is also a TD . LOL LOL 

There is no need to be butt hurt about my posts . Please read my posts , i am only reporting what my usual RWG TD told me . In my posts I have accepted that the ' only packaging ' change could be incorrect . There could well be changes to bezel , dial , bezel inserts etc on the MAX version  and STEVE  THE ONE could indeed be correct . I really hope so , an improved VRF Hulk will see me part with some hard earned .

However instead of judging the changes on some early crappy pictures , i think I will wait till members start getting the Max version  and see what the consensus of opinion is .

Buy in haste repent at leisure and all that .

I hope Steve is correct and the TD I have spoken to is wrong .

If the changes are as you state , and not just a packaging marketing ploy ...I promise I will wear a dunces hat and sit in a corner naked for 24 hours, obviously supplying a live feed to RWG so everybody can witness my contrition.

VIVA La VRF MAX .

Edited by duddlyboy

ktkn01

I wish they made a 114060 :(

kuvarsit
On 4/12/2018 at 20:28, dory said:

Can you please include a link to the watch on puretime?

When did this update come out?

The update came out in March if I don't remember it wrong!  and have updates on the brightness of the bracelet and the case ! You can check for more pics in our website: http://kuvarsit01.com/submariner-116610ln-black-ceramic-vrf-max-1-1-best-edition-a2836/

Pseudorep

I speculate there’s some conflicted information going on here. From what I can tell, the hulk definitely has an updated dial (offset = ~2012 dial, as opposed to a centred = ~2014 dial).
It does not appear the ln has an updated dial and may be just a packaging update.

My VRF Hulk has been shipped so when it arrives next week I’ll post a full review/update on the new model.

UnkellSam
17 hours ago, duddlyboy said:

There is no need to be butt hurt about my posts . Please read my posts , i am only reporting what my usual RWG TD told me . In my posts I have accepted that the ' only packaging ' change could be incorrect . There could well be changes to bezel , dial , bezel inserts etc on the MAX version  and STEVE  THE ONE could indeed be correct . I really hope so , an improved VRF Hulk will see me part with some hard earned .

I'm not butt hurt at all buddy, just adding the information I have gathered to the conversation so that we can all figure out the deal with these MAX models. I just ordered one of these MAXes. I'll let you guys know my thoughts when it arrives.

Edited by UnkellSam

UnkellSam
17 hours ago, ktkn01 said:

I wish they made a 114060 :(

Out of curiosity, why do you prefer the no date model to the date?

lrnz
On 13/4/2018 at 18:31, Sommelier said:

Got QC pics for two so-called "Max" Hulk VRF, the rehaut was misaligned in both case, bezel shitty on the first one and timegrapher horrendous on the second one:

IMG_0178.jpg IMG_0208.jpg

dfd_11.jpg

You're crazy if you've declined the second watch only for the timegraph picture... it looked extremely fine , 0ms error, 280 amplitude, +15 second which could have been fixed more than easily everywhere..