Blowdathorn

How does your partner view your reps?

Blowdathorn

With disdain? Indifference? After years lurking here, finally got my first rep (Aquaracer WAK2110) and hoping my wife sees it as $$ saved!

Thommo82

Mine says they all look the same.....

I also lie a lot about the prices.

Not Quite Dead

"As you only have two arms and you normally only wear one watch why do you need another ....

strap

winder

clocky thing (movement)

watch

Not brave enough to lie about prices but do keep mentioning the  PO I might buy when I retire to give some perspective on the rest.  How much !!

VMSG

Mine thinks it is a waste of money. she prefers that I'll buy a 10K IWC that will last for many years and not "waste" 3K on reps that may break after a year or two....

deju

One of my ex's hated watches said they were a waste of money.

Current woman couldn't care.

Joyjoyk
14 minutes ago, deju said:

One of my ex's hated watches said they were a waste of money.

Current woman couldn't care.

I guess why u got rid of her! :ass-kick:

NCRich

My wife sees it as the cheapest hobby I've ever had.

Thommo82

My missus has asked why I need so many many watches.

I asked her why she needs so many shoes.

Conversation over. 

duddlyboy
1 hour ago, Blowdathorn said:

With disdain? Indifference? After years lurking here, finally got my first rep (Aquaracer WAK2110) and hoping my wife sees it as $$ saved!

The 2nd rep  i ever bought was a  JF V2 Oyster Perpetual 114300 'red grape' , the third a Cartier 100 Santos V6F genuine strap in a M2M . Both were for my wife . The first a beautiful Cartier Tank Solo quartz SS for my mother in law . My wife has a number of genuine watches .

Edited by duddlyboy

Abe Fromen

She views them with her eyes. :)

She supports it and current took over three of mine. :Applause:

DtotheP

I’ve been obsessed with watches ever since she met me and even bought me one for our wedding gift. She’s sees it as saving money, although I’ve lied about prices since I bought 4 back to back. Nothing but support though

bdnica
2 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

My missus has asked why I need so many many watches.

I asked her why she needs so many shoes.

Conversation over. 

You nailed it bro!  Used the same analysis with my wife  (for the record, she's #3...some of us never learn).  Throw in handbags and you can't possibly lose.  Cash I have in watches isn't even close to what she's spent (translation: what I've spent) on shoes and handbags.

Mr Stubbs

If your better half is concerned, you must be doing something selfish.

My wife has a collection of about twenty sewing machines, including the $8,000 Husqvarna I bought her.  I sometimes look at it wistfully and wonder what kind of watch I could buy with that.

But she doesn't complain about my watches.  ;)

Glaude

She likes this hobby, like the watches, don't really care about it

51 minutes ago, Mr Stubbs said:

If your better half is concerned, you must be doing something selfish.

+1

NFleischer

She, like most people , think I'm nuts. Meanwhile now has 5-6 herself. 

She loves an old TWB 36mm 'White Gold" Rolex DD I gave her, all her friends think its real. 

Really is a great rep, 11 years old and going strong. Gen ETA, back then no problems-$50 extra.

greengoat
4 hours ago, duddlyboy said:

The 2nd rep  i ever bought was a  JF V2 Oyster Perpetual 114300 'red grape' , the third a Cartier 100 Santos V6F genuine strap in a M2M . Both were for my wife . The first a beautiful Cartier Tank Solo quartz SS for my mother in law . My wife has a number of genuine watches .

And the next 13 for yourself?  :ass-kick:

NCRich
5 hours ago, Blowdathorn said:

In general she takes off her clothes, and then asks me to ................

greengoat
4 minutes ago, NCRich said:

In general she takes off her clothes, and then asks me to ................

Surely she doesn't ask you to de-watch? 

Luxuracer

My wife said ... this is the cheapest and safest hobby that I ever picked up the last 30 years.

So far she is very 'happy' with my 24 watches ... She doesn't know about the other 15 on their way. 

Will give update when the number hit 100.

Aidan1927

I am now at the happy stage of having so many reps that I alternate that she never notices if I am wearing a new one.  Obviously it is vitally important to get to the door first when the package from China arrives and dispose of the packaging but I have this down to a fine art now.

fatarms

My wife has 3 reps as well, she's all for it.

iabounty

My currant wife says she has a metal allergy and anything lower quality than 14K  solid gold (no plating) makes her breakout with a skin rash where the metal touches after about 20 minutes........ 

1. She has no watches 

2. I will never buy her a solid gold gen. anybrand watch.

3. If she has 1 more pie or baking sheet of cookies catch on fire in the oven I will buy her a nice new  gen. coffin.......... She'll need it............

brobar

It's MUCH more affordable than my firearms collecting... so no complaints here (not that she ever complained about the firearms either... she has her own collection of firearms too).

Thommo82
5 hours ago, bdnica said:

You nailed it bro!  Used the same analysis with my wife  (for the record, she's #3...some of us never learn).  Throw in handbags and you can't possibly lose.  Cash I have in watches isn't even close to what she's spent (translation: what I've spent) on shoes and handbags.

Exactamondo 

51 minutes ago, Aidan1927 said:

I am now at the happy stage of having so many reps that I alternate that she never notices if I am wearing a new one.  Obviously it is vitally important to get to the door first when the package from China arrives and dispose of the packaging but I have this down to a fine art now.

This is all part of this glorious hobby

Moondustesp

Doesn’t seem to mind at all. Wearing my noob v7 sub and got a “I really like that watch” earlier today     :daffy: WHAT HAS SHE BOUGHT !!!!