Enzedel

Where do you tell people you got your Rolex from when it’s a rep?

mattmd90

I thinks it depends on your socio-economic status. If you are making a good money, everybody assumes that its real. If you are an average income person and wearing more than one luxury watch, It ll be fake without a question.

Like you can’t have one AP, couple rolexes and a Toyota Camry:) Thats my decision tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUSH2112
4 hours ago, mattmd90 said:

I thinks it depends on your socio-economic status. If you are making a good money, everybody assumes that its real. If you are an average income person and wearing more than one luxury watch, It ll be fake without a question.

Like you can’t have one AP, couple rolexes and a Toyota Camry:) Thats my decision tho.

These threads always have someone like this.  Look up what warren Buffet drives and tell me he can’t afford an AP and a couple rolexes.  There’s always a lack of imagination and everyone judges the world by their circumstance.  Some people get gifted these watches at a fairly young age or choose to spend their money differently than you.

mattmd90

There is always exceptions. I am talking about in general and based on my personal experiences. You have full right to disagree. :)

Undinist

People always assume mine are real. They say 'nice watch' and I tell them the price, the forum details etc. I really wouldn't want anyone thinking I was stupid, shallow, vain and self-centred  enough to blow 25 grand on a watch.

serious
On 18/04/2018 at 01:22, Undinist said:

People always assume mine are real. They say 'nice watch' and I tell them the price, the forum details etc. I really wouldn't want anyone thinking I was stupid, shallow, vain and self-centred  enough to blow 25 grand on a watch.

If that’s the case, why do you wear a copy of such a watch instead of a Casio, Seiko, citizen, etc .........

not being contentious - genuinely interested?

Thommo82

Told someone I stole one once.

They took one look at me and said, “sounds about right”

Stewart

I ask them if they heard about the big jewelry heist over on 5th.

Luxuracer

How did I miss this thread ?!?!

I have to whole script written down: "If someone ask 'Is that real?' ... I will say 'NO' ... I will take the watch off my wrist and hand it to him/her ... I will say that I own a factory in Switzerland that make 1:1 replica watches ... I can make anything that his.her heart desire for $1,500"  

Had been waiting for over 30 yrs and counting.

GC

I tell people I am a male stripper... 

Glaude
21 minutes ago, GC said:

I tell people I am a male stripper... 

Do you do birthday parties ?

GC
17 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Do you do birthday parties ?

Depending on who’s asking... ;)

Joyjoyk

tell them its 1:1 from R fac of course. Will even name my TD

Christof

I have 2 gen Rolex 1 B&R and 3 Breitlings and about 150ish reps, i just say they are all from China saves the bet it isn’t real argument whatever watch I have on, but tbh about 1 in 10 people ask the other 9 don’t give a fuck. 

13oots2
10 hours ago, Thommo82 said:

Told someone I stole one once.

They took one look at me and said, “sounds about right”

That sounds about right to me too. the give away was having the severed arm with the watch still attached.

Thommo82
3 hours ago, 13oots2 said:

That sounds about right to me too. the give away was having the severed arm with the watch still attached.

Makes a nice memento 

cvp3

I usually explain that mine was hand carved from a solid block of hate and discontent and I simply added the strap which was yielded from a baby seal carcass. That usually eliminates all other questions. 

Handsehildorf

This is designed to make you feel good so what ever your heart tells you it a about you  no one's else love your watches 

TheTradingTeam

I tell them I'm a full time drug dealer. I own several of them bought directly from Hatton Gardens. If they ask me to try it on I tell them I don't take off my watches for anybody, even if you put a gun to my head.

Simple.

narikaa
3 minutes ago, TheTradingTeam said:

I tell them I'm a full time drug dealer. I own several of them bought directly from Hatton Gardens. If they ask me to try it on I tell them I don't take off my watches for anybody, even if you put a gun to my head.

Simple.

The correct response is "this is a £XXX (insert RRP)thousand watch, let me have your £XXXthousand cash & you can play with my watch"

greengoat

An easy answer is to say that it was a present. Eliminates follow up questions like is it real or how much did it cost. 

the_frenchman

I just say that last week i was quite lucky on my holidays at Benidorm...

FFAF8674-_C4_D0-4_D8_F-_AADA-_FC16_E3_FD

Undinist
On 4/20/2018 at 23:43, serious said:

If that’s the case, why do you wear a copy of such a watch instead of a Casio, Seiko, citizen, etc .........

not being contentious - genuinely interested?

Because it's such a classic of industrial design - it's always such a pleasure just to look at it. And also, by telling everyone it's a fake I'm enjoying it for what it is and subverting the status anxiety. Which is a real problem in our society.  Go to Norway and you'll see proof that a society can be much happier without bragging about luxury.  

tabuktime

I usually mention a bloke called Reg...

greg_r
On 17/04/2018 at 22:54, RUSH2112 said:

These threads always have someone like this.  Look up what warren Buffet drives and tell me he can’t afford an AP and a couple rolexes.  There’s always a lack of imagination and everyone judges the world by their circumstance.  Some people get gifted these watches at a fairly young age or choose to spend their money differently than you.

Yup. A good friend of mine drives a 20 year old Landrover and a Mercedes that's almost as elderly. His watch collection would buy a Bugatti. Easily. He just doesn't care about cars... 

iabounty

:thumbsup: