RepGuy

Linde Werdelin Forged Carbon Spidolite II

RepGuy

Thanks to a surprise DHL delivery this morning at 6am, I was able to wear this to work and take a few pictures. I haven't seen many reviews of the Spidolite II, and actually didn't think this would have been repped after seeing pictures of the gen online. 

This 44mm watch features a ceramic skeleton, and a forged carbon outer case, with an unmodified A7750 running second at 9. Sapphire glass on the front and back show the movement and branded rotor, while a ceramic bezel on the front frames the dial.

Initial impressions are that the watch is light and sturdy feeling, although time will tell on the latter. Winding feels smooth, and the date flips right at midnight. The hybrid skeleton dial looks clean and has crisp cut outs, while the lime green and gold date wheel fits in and looks nearly identical to pictures of the genuine model.

All markings are present and look well replicated, although the movement is not identical to the gen due to missing blued screws, and matte finishing, although I knew this going in, and don't mind.

For the price, I consider this to be a good value, with (hopefully) little chance for issues due to the unmodified A7750.

cCdOQK.jpg

C5xxS3.jpg

TLNISp.jpg

JdSFIF.jpg

Iq0nrY.jpg

kpfjNA.jpg

6uOzr8.jpg

Xpletiv

It really blows my mind why someone would buy certain Gens as this example proves.

Kinda wish the dial was a little better designed because that case is really cool, on a wish list though.

fatarms

Nice pickup, bud.

If they only repped the Oktopus MoonLite or BluMoon...  I'd buy that in a second.

RepGuy
1 hour ago, Xpletiv said:

It really blows my mind why someone would buy certain Gens as this example proves.

Kinda wish the dial was a little better designed because that case is really cool, on a wish list though.

True, this purchase was brought on by me looking for another affordable gen watch made out of forged carbon. I couldn't find anything with good value, but saw pictures of this in gen, which led me to look it up from the TD's.

54 minutes ago, fatarms said:

Nice pickup, bud.

If they only repped the Oktopus MoonLite or BluMoon...  I'd buy that in a second.

I did like the look of the Oktopus line, but am happy they at least rep one model.

SuaveGentleman

Thanks for this @RepGuy! Had my eye on this watch a bit back but it slipped my mind. This rekindled my love for it haha! Great pics, and ugh that forged carbon is beautiful :) I second wishing they'd rep the oktopus moon, id jump on it instantly

Edited by SuaveGentleman