tylerb

Hello from PA

tylerb

Hi all,

Just joined and looking to replace my last rep that went bad. I'm looking for an Omega PO GMT but don't have a specific model in mind. Just wondering what the current models people are seeing with the best quality (I know, I know varies). Last time I looked some of the orange bezel models and whatnot were prone to fading. 

BlockSize

Shit I’m from PA southwest, I don’t know much about Omega reps but welcome to the hobby!

Glaude

Hi and welcome in here !

@Luxuracer will probably chime in and answer your question about Omega ;) 

Luxuracer

Welcome to RWG ... and the repworld,  @tylerb

dph.gif

@Glaude .... I do not answer random question .... ! 

McGilli
8 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

@Glaude .... I do not answer random question .... ! 

I'm thinking of sushi tonight, but my daughter wants Subway. Which do you think is more gen like?

Luxuracer
10 minutes ago, McGilli said:

I'm thinking of sushi tonight, but my daughter wants Subway. Which do you think is more gen like?

If you go for Sub ... make sure it has insert platinum paint mod and brush per gen.

... and Sushi ... heck, I take anything if it's Sushi.

NO ... Let me correct that ... Sashimi .... not Sushi. 

tylerb

Haha. Any Omega (or Sashimi) tips?

The one I had was an 2313/A21J movement which...ehh..  I think I prefer an A2824

Luxuracer

If it's an A2813 that died ... swap out the movement and it will last you another 2-5 years. @tylerb

Omega doesn't have the type of love that Rolex has in repworld. If you look for PO GMT, I think only OMF and V6F make them right now. The PO GMT Pumpkin that you might see, was discontinued long ago. It doesn't hurt to pick out a few TDs (trusted dealers) and email them for stock check. 

tylerb
If it's an A2813 that died ... swap out the movement and it will last you another 2-5 years. [mention=97869]tylerb[/mention]
Omega doesn't have the type of love that Rolex has in repworld. If you look for PO GMT, I think only OMF and V6F make them right now. The PO GMT Pumpkin that you might see, was discontinued long ago. It doesn't hurt to pick out a few TDs (trusted dealers) and email them for stock check. 

Cool. How hard is it to swap? Any good references?

Luxuracer
8 minutes ago, tylerb said:

Cool. How hard is it to swap? Any good references?

It's not easy ... but not hard. Took me a hour of watching youtube video and playing around. You need the right tools.

This is where you start searching the forum and read ... Come back and see me after about 20 hrs of reading.

Start here;

tylerb
It's not easy ... but not hard. Took me a hour of watching youtube video and playing around. You need the right tools.
This is where you start searching the forum and read ... Come back and see me after about 20 hrs of reading.
Start here;

That’s just what I needed. Thanks! I’ll get reading. I had written this one off so it’ll be a fun challenge to try to resurrect.