Pseudorep

VRF Hulk Max

Pseudorep

So the question on everyone's lips, has VRF kept the crown (pun not intended) of the best out the box hulk with the new update. Here's a review for people to judge.

Honestly, I don't know because I've not tried anything else and it's over 2 years since I've seen a gen hulk (behind a glass window no less). So does it live up to the gen, who knows?

What I can tell you is it's damn good, and honestly good enough for me to wear. Will I get called out, I don't know, but I don't care if I do.

I can't confirm it's definitely the new VRF Max, or what the mix of various resources they used, but the dial appears to match the photos posted a while back and the bezel looks decent so going to assume it is.

Quick run down:

• SELs - when held up to light, top have a small gap, but bottom is good. Recessing is ok, but nothing to write home about, but looks alright on the wrist.
  • Dial looks good and accurate to 2012 model.
  • Bezel looks good indoors, not too dark and not too light. Just a good mix of silver and white. Think we're on to a winner here.
  • My TD (Mary) even threw in a Rubber B strap, which was a nice bonus.

Bad points:

• Too many ****ing stickers and glue on the stickers, never again do I want to subject myself to that clean up operation.
  • Maybe a bit of play in bezel? Can go back half a click occasionally.
  • Fingerprint magnet (goddamn it, why does no one ever point this out!!)

Pictures:

Imgur Album or below

WyZg0HJ.jpg9OB1Ao8.jpgMspj03s.jpgVWvYKNx.jpgatQKR70.jpg%5BsFv8Ihd.jpgCzTd6bi.jpgcz8Ecx1.jpgbIeZ4K3.jpgfQLvm5U.jpg3imJY12.jpgt6xu1Pr.jpgGRqkuDW.jpgKOERHib.jpgNPe760Q.jpgfsoF9tI.jpgtr8EuNU.jpg79Ap3q0.jpgtou7y48.jpgVqQpE8V.jpg

SamsonAusKognito

This looks much better than the first Version.

Will you mind to buy the noob Hulk V8 with 904L when it is released?

Chiquita Fanjita
4 minutes ago, SamsonAusKognito said:

Will you mind to buy the noob Hulk V8 with 904L when it is released?

It has been available since the end of January.

Pseudorep

It is also overpriced. $500+ for a re-hashed noob v7 is crazy money. This was $330, and that extra is over half way to my next watch.

Luxuracer

Noob Sub-c 904L .... are overpriced and overrated ... with shitty inserts! Save your money and buy a VRF Max! .... Kakaka!

Great review ... @Pseudorep!

Please take a picture in natural daylight ... for me, please.

Pseudorep

@Luxuracer sure thing. It's 1.30am here over on the eastern seaboard so when someone flicks on the lights in a few hours I'll get you some photos!

McGilli
1 hour ago, Pseudorep said:

Bad points:

• Too many ****ing stickers and glue on the stickers, never again do I want to subject myself to that clean up operation.

@Luxuracer I'm going to assume - this 'service' was performed before the VRF Max was sent to me. 

This is a good preview. Still, to be a review I think you need at least 50,000 more words, and 50 more photographs. 15,000 of those words should have nothing to do with the watch. But then again, I make my own sky-high standards :)

Nice to see these rolling out to people now - people who actually know about these watches and can discuss the details instead of stupid stories about ghosts and shit... Ooop.. I've said too much....

Enjoy!

Pseudorep

After a brief exchange with@Luxuracer, we suspect that the only updates on the LV are bezel and dial. Datewheel and clasp remain as old VRF.

The max name clearly means that they’ve going all out on being the “parts bin” factory.

Glaude

Those are some nice pics ! Thanks for sharing !

blehbleh215

If ARF got the bezel or dial color wrong.

We need to crown VRF for the best OOTB Hulk.

McGilli

So over in the photos of my VRF MAX there were a few comments about the cyclops being the wrong magnification - but not this one?

I have no idea about this - or if it was just he crappy photos I took of mine. Details aren't my thing :)

fatarms

What's up with the cyclops?  It looks cloudy in every picture.  Is that just the camera doing that?

Pseudorep

It has very bad AR so reflects anything and everything. So with flash it's just bouncing it back.

Honestly I may do a crystal upgrade in the future with it if it annoys me.

Luxuracer

Every single rep submariner crystal has 'bad' cyclops ... Noob, ARF, VRF, BP ... None of them got it right, some are worse than other. The only one with decent cyclops is the ARF SD43 Sea Dweller 126600.

To get a better cyclops for the Submariner, you can go for a Prof Blackhole Xtal or Gen.

GingerApple

I'm sorry to rain on the parade, but I can't help but think you lot have all gone mad! I was getting really excited about this watch, but that bezel insert colour looks really fucking average to me and the cyclops is the worst I think I've ever seen! 

Sorry! I'm not trying to offend  you OP.

goldrolexdaydate

Wow the cyclops looks so disappointing... I think the first VRF version had a much better cyclops.

Pseudorep

@gingerbubba - the cyclops isn’t as bad in person, just my photography involves bouncing a bunch of light around which doesn’t help matters. But will be getting an prof crystal upgrade in the future.

I’d agree on the bezel too. It’s not terrible, but it’s nothing special. I spent all of yesterday antagonising over whether it was good bad etc against other and in the end thought it’s good enough to wear.

Without the gen for reference it’s an impossible task to know what’s correct and what’s not.

Overall would I say rush out and buy this? Probably not, it’s better than noob but it’s not the best thing ever.
Does that bother me? Not at all, it’s close enough that it looks and feels like the real thing yet is 1/40th of the cost.

GingerApple
20 minutes ago, Pseudorep said:

@gingerbubba - the cyclops isn’t as bad in person, just my photography involves bouncing a bunch of light around which doesn’t help matters. But will be getting an prof crystal upgrade in the future.

I’d agree on the bezel too. It’s not terrible, but it’s nothing special. I spent all of yesterday antagonising over whether it was good bad etc against other and in the end thought it’s good enough to wear.

Without the gen for reference it’s an impossible task to know what’s correct and what’s not.

Overall would I say rush out and buy this? Probably not, it’s better than noob but it’s not the best thing ever.
Does that bother me? Not at all, it’s close enough that it looks and feels like the real thing yet is 1/40th of the cost.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it's a perfectly acceptable, indeed decent rep. I'm judging it by very high standards, ie is it the best of the best, is it a must have, should I sell my Hulk and buy this one forthwith. The answer, sadly, is no. If I didn't have a  Hulk already, would I buy this one? Quite possibly, but I'm looking for an amazing Hulk, a  mind-blowing Hulk, a super rep Hulk, and sadly, in spite of the hype, this isn't it.

Luxuracer
3 minutes ago, Gingerbubba said:

... , but I'm looking for an amazing Hulk, a  mind-blowing Hulk, a super rep Hulk, and sadly, in spite of the hype, this isn't it.

PM me ... for the link of the Incredible Hulk             

GingerApple

Lol. I'll send you the pic of my tighty whities. With me in them.

Pseudorep

@gingerbubba if you’re looking for the best hulk I hear R factory do the best. PM repguy for the link ;)

GingerApple

:rofl: 

:finger:

slashdotcom

Looks super

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Thought I’d share these from next door, black dial wrapped!

02596291-0_EFB-4792-8731-_FD8_AA6261_AD3

15_BF47_BC-874_F-4_CF7-9931-0_FD22_CE20_

286_F1611-_C918-4_B36-_A982-1_D4785_A84_

DC7_A9_AC9-803_B-430_E-_BA13-2_C1_EF72_E

box is gen before anyone asks!

slashdotcom

This is so cool

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk