Sign in to follow this  
bloon

Tag Caliber 17 - double check for gen/rep

bloon

Can the forum help me double check this model? I don't want to deal with a replica on eBay but based on what I see, the watch is a gen - mainly because of no recessed date and doesn't look like an A7750 movement. But could someone with better knowledge of the piece chime in please?

https://www.ebay.com/p/Polished-Tag-Heuer-Grand-Carrera-Calibre-17-RS-Automatic-Watch-CAV511A-Bf309762/1104647939?iid=292539845504#ProductDetails

Planning to have it polished and re-packaged as a birthday present for my uncle so it would suck big time it was a fugazi

FoxWilde

It looks okay to me..... But it's always a gamble to pick up watches off the bay.

bloon

It is :( I offloaded a few gen watches recently and I was worried about PP chargebacks/complaints. Some people can be real scumbags for a even 500 bucks let alone 1K!

Rx4Time

Movement picture looks correct for a caliber 17, however, the fact that the chronograph seconds hand is running constantly makes me concerned.  I'd ask for a picture of the watch with the chronograph zeroed out and not running.