blueoysterboy

Navitimer 01

blueoysterboy

I really like the look of Breitling Navitimer 01, what do you guys think would be the best purchase in the $100-150 range?

Glaude

If you can find a Breitling Navitimer 01 in the $100-$150 price that would be the best purchase :lol: 

Jokes aside, check on Silix prime website, in the economy range you can find Navitimer 01-like in this price range, they won't be very accurate to the gen, but if you don't care they are in your budget :) 

blueoysterboy

I suppose I'm not picky about it being close the the genuine article, I understand what I am buying.  I would like it to be a somewhat reliable timepiece.  Is this a reasonable expectation?

EBB

I say save a little bit more and splurge for the better rep, it will feel better and last longer possibly

Glaude
34 minutes ago, 0ysterboy said:

I suppose I'm not picky about it being close the the genuine article, I understand what I am buying.  I would like it to be a somewhat reliable timepiece.  Is this a reasonable expectation?

Ditto on what EBB said.
If you can extend your budget, you'll sure have a better product, as for reliability it will depend of the rep you choose, but the Navitimers uses A7750 which is not a bad movement, but is a bit tricky.

There's a lot of good reading to do on the board, start with the sticky posts that you'll find in each section of the forum, you will have a better understanding of this strange rep world :) 

GingerApple

Maybe even a quartz would work in this situation? A gate special?

GenTLe

Gen/Rep with 7750/Quartz. Decide yourself:
navitimer-01.jpg
IMG_5019-1024x768.JPG
AAA-Replica-Perfect-Breitling-Navitimer-1.jpg

Imho the quartz is crap... Look how those subdials are unbalanced and near to the center...

bloon
7 minutes ago, GenTLe said:

AAA-Replica-Perfect-Breitling-Navitimer-1.jpg

Imho the quartz is crap... Look how those subdials are unbalanced and near to the center...

Speaking of subdials, that format looks an awful lot like a zenith daytona spacing! But all things said, the 7750/7751 movements are te best for Navitimers. The tell is the sunken date wheel. You can fix it, as per some TD offerings but they generally freeze the chrono function.

blueoysterboy

Thanks guys, with more reading it looks like I really am looking at $300-400 to get what I want.  I'll start selling my plasma tomorrow :)

ERROR404

Or you can look in members sale area... once in a while you can find a great deal.

ERROR404

Or you can look in members sale area... once in a while you can find a great deal.

I got a breitling for Bentley in the m2m for $50 (not working). I paid $25 to my watchsmitch to semi fix it: he unstuck the movement, he secured the dial (the dial was loose), and re-position the hour hand on the 6 o clock subdial. The hour sundial will advance when running the chronometer, but won't reset (so I don't run the chronometer).

I was not planning to sell it, but I don't wear it, send me a PM if interested and I'll take some pics.

Here is the model:

http://trustytimestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_145&products_id=1291