divxalex

Submariner - 2813 movement broken - Upgrade

divxalex

(sorry if this is asked I again, I could find the question asked before , but I'm a newbie here)

A year ago I purchased  from Kuvarsit a Rolex Submariner with "21J ASIAN MJ 2813 MOVEMENT". After a few weeks it stopped working properly and would "stop" even when at hand and me moving (most usually at 09:36).

I decided to let the old 2813 go since it seems not to worth the repair and go for a replacement. 

Can anybody suggest any upgrade in movement (I don't want to get another 2813). I read about the Miyota 8215, is it a good (and fitting) replacement? Is there anything better?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

BabaNJ

If it stops at same spot then it is most likely hands getting stuck on crystal. If you can do the swap yourself just use a 2813, miyotas stutter a lot also. I dont know if you had a eta movement watch before but it is totally worth it to get a clone eta with higher beat rate as the miyota would only little bit less. You will have to change hands for eta though. 

GenTLe

Get another 2813 or change the watch. 8215 will not fit properly. And with other movements is even worse.

bobandshawn

2813 is basically disposable. Get an Asian ETA clone with new hands. Easy swap and much less than $100...

B

semperfi55
On 5/19/2018 at 01:25, BabaNJ said:

clone eta

18 hours ago, bobandshawn said:

2813 is basically disposable. Get an Asian ETA clone with new hands. Easy swap and much less than $100...

B

When you say clone ETA do you mean e.g. Clone 2824, clone 2836? Aren't there dial feet incompatibility between a 2813 watch and clone eta movements?

GenTLe

Dial feet, hands, height of stem hole, movement ring are all incompatible.
Plus the standard cannon pinion hour wheel pinion and second hand pinion are too short on the standard ETA clones for that use.

NCRich

There is nothing easy about swapping movements.  Put another 2813 in it, sell it, and buy one with a high beat.

Nikosaldente

Go with GenTLe and NCRich......They know their stuff:D

divxalex

Dear friends, many thanks for your valuable help and suggestions.

I guess I'll replace the movement with another 2813 (they are cheap enough) and hope it gets better.