Doco82

Noob V9 116610

b0j

I think the ARF looks better out of the box, but V9 all day for modding. Ordered a V9 myself to mod.

Sremorris
On 27/06/2018 at 20:52, dom1986 said:

Haha, i am by no means an expert but have put a lot of time in researching the whole v9/ARF debate. For me the ARF OTB is the hands down winner. Sels, insert, hands, on the face look more gen than the v9. I have only had the v9 alongside my buddies gen and the insert although good is an easy tell as the numbers seem white.

The ARF platinum looks awesome and the engraving although deeper is a lot closer on my eye to Gen. It also looks peachy as gen and those sels and hands which are almost perfect. The ARF. However one big down on the ARF Is the case and dial. The case is way off and the dial is cheap looking compared to the v9.

The v9 case (all be it bigger than gen and the ARF) dial, and band seem very good to me. As are the bezel teeth and machining it is almost nailed to gen. the laser on the clasp on the noob isnt correct its a different shade and the sels aren’t in anyway recessed no matter how much i wish they was. The band feels nicer though than the ARF.

My thinking is this - noob case, noob dial, noob bezel, ARF band (praying it fixes sels on noob case), gen xtal, gen dw, ARF hands. Done for less than £1400. Ill hybrid the other ARF case with whats left and sell for a cut rate to try and get some £ back emoji23.png as its wiped me out.

Anyone has any other ideas they wanna hit me with please give me a shout!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems the way to go, maybe to keep overall project budget under £1000 go for double ar xtal (non-gen) but good quality along with Cyclops and non-gen but improved date wheel. 

Doing some research for a BLNR GMT and again its Noob: case, bezel/insert and dial; ARF: band, clasp and hands with modified insert (platinum sputtering), 2 ar xtal and Cyclops. However colours still a ways away from gen for BLNR.

dom1986

This seems the way to go, maybe to keep overall project budget under £1000 go for double ar xtal (non-gen) but good quality along with Cyclops and non-gen but improved date wheel. 
Doing some research for a BLNR GMT and again its Noob: case, bezel/insert and dial; ARF: band, clasp and hands with modified insert (platinum sputtering), 2 ar xtal and Cyclops. However colours still a ways away from gen for BLNR.

On second thoughts the ARF band would only go on v9 with a springbar mod as per a new thread on RWI which is a pain in the arse. The v9 dw isnt bad its the xtal i think that is the biggest tell.

The insert on the BLNR is the easiest tell out of them all buddy, no mod would pass it. Yes the arf isnt perfect compared to gen hulk but its closer than blnr. Unless you could get a gen blnr insert (you wont) i would steer clear man. Gen insert and you could make the sweetest franken known to man. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raspymcnasty

so whats changed since the v7? aside from bezel teeth and some shaping?