tdecf6a.jpg

pCKGBDt.jpg

5n6Ji1X.jpg

iwi6PHW.jpg

rFCugxP.jpg

VxWCXLm.jpg

UrUFhFl.jpg

Glaude

Glad to see a non post-whoring post from you ;) (you are at approximately 600 of them by the way, according to your post history)

Classy watch ! Thanks for sharing !

Quartz from DHGate ? 

Luxuracer

Nice pictures ... @PlanetZoom

But write something ... would you?!? .... I thought I am bad at reviews ... You're even worse :picard:

25 minutes ago, Glaude said:

Glad to see a non post-whoring post from you ;) (you are at approximately 600 of them by the way, according to your post history)

:rofl:

He's up to ... 20 at a time ... now! 

Xpletiv

World's smallest DW.

VMSG

This is a great watch, it is on my "to buy" list for some time now (not this version but similar ;))...

It would be better if you write your impression besides pics, not have to be long, but few words...

3 hours ago, Glaude said:

Quartz from DHGate ? 

I wonder what will happen to both of your post counts when the admins will decide to reset section 8 threads....:)

PlanetZoom
5 hours ago, Glaude said:

Quartz from DHGate ? 

Please don't tell me you counted them individually :)

3 hours ago, Xpletiv said:

World's smallest DW.

Yup

PlanetZoom
5 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

Nice pictures ... @PlanetZoom

But write something ... would you?!? .... I thought I am bad at reviews ... You're even worse :picard:

2 hours ago, VMSG said:

This is a great watch, it is on my "to buy" list for some time now (not this version but similar ;))...

It would be better if you write your impression besides pics, not have to be long, but few words...

I wonder what will happen to both of your post counts when the admins will decide to reset section 8 threads....:)

I bought this watch in 2015 or so.  It was before I discovered the rep forums.  I actually bought my first rep in the 1990s, so I wasn't new to reps.  But I knew next to nothing about them until I found the forums.  I still don't know that much, especially compared to some of the veterans around here, but at least it's a lot more than a few years ago.  

This came from some random site I found on the internet (it wasn't the gate).   The site is no longer in business.  Back then, I had no idea what a TD was .  If someone had asked me, I probably would have said "touchdown." 

So I got lucky that a watch actually showed up at my door.  

I got even luckier that it was the watch I ordered.

Where I didn't get so lucky is that the watch is just too damn big for me.  

According to my trusty calipers, it's about 45mm diameter, over 52mm lug to lug, and about 14.5mm thick.   My wrist is about 6.7."  Can I get away with a watch that big?  Yes.   But not this watch.   This is  a dress watch.  I like smaller dress watches.  I love the Patek 5227.  I have two of those.  If I'm going to wear a watch this big, it's going to be a something much sportier.  I have a Hublot rep that's about 45mm that I used to wear a lot.

Here are the stats that were listed on the site where I bought it:

Movement Quartz (Battery)

Case 18k rose-gold plated case

Back Polished stainless steel screwed down back with mechanics revealing window and Vacheron Constantin engravings

Bezel 18k rose-gold plated bezel

Crown Vacheron Constantin logo engraved 18k rose-gold plated cutwork crown

Bracelet Logo and Vacheron Constantin heat embossed brown crocodile leather strap with 18k rose-gold plated logo carved hook-buckle clasp

Band Type Crocodile Leather

Watch Clasp Buckle

Glass Sapphire Crystal

Color Brown

Dial Color White

Gender Men

Funny that they think they need to tell people what gender the watch is for.  

The price was $245.  I thought it was a good deal at the time since it was one of those rep sites that was selling "real Swiss" replicas for double to triple that price.  

It's a good looking watch.   But because of the size, I've never actually worn it except for a few wristies.  I'll probably sell it at some point.  

The strap looks good but it feels like a rep strap.   If I were going to wear it, I would at minimum get a Vic strap for it.

Edited by PlanetZoom

VMSG
6 hours ago, PlanetZoom said:

So I got lucky that a watch actually showed up at my door.  

Totally! :)

Great review man, thanks!

FunnyStarSystem

45mm? Wow, I wasn't expecting that, I just thought Planet Zoomers have extremely underdeveloped wrists, but then how could they do all that post whoring - unless, maybe they use a different appendage?!?!?

I enjoyed the review once @Glaude  &@Luxuracer dragged it out of you. You have a lovely voice and should speak more often. Also, if you put this on the auction block I would consider looking through my change couch for pfennigs. Enjoy the weekend Mr. Planet Zoom!

:getcoat:

PlanetZoom
4 hours ago, funnystarsystem said:

45mm? Wow, I wasn't expecting that, I just thought Planet Zoomers have extremely underdeveloped wrists, but then how could they do all that post whoring - unless, maybe they use a different appendage?!?!?

I refuse to answer that question. :) 

Glaude
17 hours ago, VMSG said:

I have fewer than 200 posts in Section8 and 600 out of 749 is quite a substantial amount... not saying that my non section8 post are useful. :D 

15 hours ago, PlanetZoom said:

Please don't tell me you counted them individually :)

Yup

Nope but 30 posts by page in your post history and the last 20 pages are only in Section 8 ;) 

20 hours ago, Luxuracer said:

I think the only appropriate answer to that information is that : :facepalm:

semperfi55

Thanks for the review! Love the clean aesthetic but at 45mm that is too big a dress watch.

Hmm, just noticed this is the first VC review for the past year...

This forum really needs more VC...

semperfi55
18 hours ago, Glaude said:

I have fewer than 200 posts in Section8 and 600 out of 749 is quite a substantial amount

I've only just found out that's how people have been boosting their post count!

Luxuracer
1 minute ago, semperfi55 said:

I've only just found out that's how people have been boosting their post count!

Can you please ... share the secret ?!?!

GingerApple
16 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

I've only just found out that's how THE BIGGEST LOSERS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD have been boosting their post count!

Fixed it for ya.

semperfi55
13 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Can you please ... share the secret ?!?!

Come on Lux you know what I'm tal..... Ahem, I meant, people up their post count by posting quality posts and shit. :baghead:

semperfi55
3 minutes ago, Gingerbubba said:

Fixed it for ya.

Cheers GB, what would I do without your fact-checking... 

Glaude
1 hour ago, Gingerbubba said:

Fixed it for ya.

Agreed ! ...... :Whistle:

Luxuracer
15 minutes ago, Glaude said:
2 hours ago, Gingerbubba said:
2 hours ago, semperfi55 said:

I've only just found out that's how THE BIGGEST LOSERS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD have been boosting their post count!

Fixed it for ya.

Agreed ! ...... :Whistle:

Yeah ... Those post-whoring fuckers ... they should all be gulaged !!! :baghead:

EBB
5 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

Yeah ... Those post-whoring fuckers ... they should all be gulaged !!! :baghead:

+1

semperfi55
20 minutes ago, EBB said:
26 minutes ago, Luxuracer said:

+1

This post-whoring thing has gone meta...

PlanetZoom
28 minutes ago, semperfi55 said:

This post-whoring thing has gone meta...

Who doesn't love officially-approved whoring!