EBB

New Gen Purchase!

EBB

6568278605899113451%253Faccount_id%253D18205858069391630269%253Faccount_id%253D16351615420237542002%253Faccount_id%253D1

4151859729622965535%253Faccount_id%253D15139234133281973290%253Faccount_id%253D13713371433493179127%253Faccount_id%253D1

1026860549400923221%253Faccount_id%253D14090164011085737279%253Faccount_id%253D15917222997053445397%253Faccount_id%253D1

6011731352360298873%253Faccount_id%253D16855247187388928393%253Faccount_id%253D11967915135123048947%253Faccount_id%253D1

4148502015421128103%253Faccount_id%253D17204478393765529272%253Faccount_id%253D11962181930256465793%253Faccount_id%253D1

8010619441609728925%253Faccount_id%253D18329138775854822649%253Faccount_id%253D14026597500460044249%253Faccount_id%253D1

J!m

Looks good! Congrats!

I just tried on the old version Black Bay today and it fits well... May need to grab one.

semperfi55

Beautiful watch!! Is that a grey or black dial?

I'm confused: is the gen purchase the cap or the watch? ;)

blueoysterboy

sweet!

GingerApple

Lovely! Now buy the rep and do a side by side review please. You can always sell the rep M2M and recoup your dosh (it the rep is that good)!

I also think you should buy a Breitling t-shirt and spend all day walking around wearing the watch, the cap and the t-shirt and if anyone speaks to you, you have to end every sentence with "........ by the way, I'm wearing Gen Breitling."

Dan71

Nice watch !
The only breitling that i like...

Thommo82

Fucking Awesome!

I keep seeing the blue version at my AD, gorgeous watch 

Moondustesp

Congratulations a very beautiful watch you have. Enjoy it 

EBB

@J!mthank you!

@Oysterboyindeed! :)

@GingerbubbaYeah that's one way I could look like a real tosser lol

@Dan71cheers mate, same for me, I'm really into the heritage watches being released by brands nowadays

@Thommo82I keep staring at your gif lmao so weird, A lot of people love the blue in the Superocean heritage, it's a real tough color to get right and I think they did a fabulous job 

@Moondustespthank you:)

As for a feel of the watch, I fucked up again, I was planning to buy Tudor rep to compare to the gen, but came across this at a great deal, and shot the load for this. eventually down the road I have to buy a rep of the Superoceean heritage to compare gen

breitling mesh bracelet: unfortunately nothing to compare to, but I will say i'm disappointed by the clasp, feels cheap compared to the mesh which is thick and feels wonderful on the wrist, so I need to get staib mesh to compare it, because supposedly the staib clasp is superb.

Dial: looks clean and wonderful, lume is a bit of a disappointment, it's strong but they don't have anything at the 12 oclock

Bezel: feels solid, no rocking, nice and sturdy

overall finishing: lugs are a bit pointed at the edges,  a lot of reviewers pointed this out , however it still wraps nicely, @Gingerbubba are the lugs sharp at the tips for yours as well?

Would I recommend the Gen? no, as you can get a staib mesh for less than $200 which is nearly identical in quality to breitling mesh(according to countless reviewers, and my digging at the breitling forums), and from what I've heard that the original superocean noob was a super rep. The newest one from GF looks pretty damn good, the only complaint I cold make from comparing mine to theirs is the Lack of AR coating, however this could just be due to pictures/lighting. I'm not familiar with the Chinese rep applications of ar coating, if it's good/bad/ or ok. 

If I end up returning this, what would I do differently? I would get a staib mesh, or try to find a gen one cheap and just get the rep.  for $500 rep+ staib mesh, you get a quality piece. If you're feeling really solid, just replace it with a Gen ETA, after all, this version its just an ETA, granted breitling doesn't just put a stock eta, they replace parts and really build it up to breitling standard, and it's COSC , so it's a quality movement. 

NCRich

Very nice!  Love that watch.  Too large for me, but a damn beautiful thing.

NCRich

Mine's blue.........and a rep.

2TK1nZO.jpg?1

Luxuracer

Beautiful watch ... !

... but what happened to the gold bezel ?!?

EBB

@NCRichmine is 42mm, I think it would fit you perfectly, you have the 46mm, but as you can see, they got so many things right on the noob rep, the lume color on the hands is correct, everything pretty much spot on,  just have a quality mesh, and you're good to go

@LuxuracerThe gold one is really sharp, but at the price people want for it, just too much, 1st version in gold bezel is nearly impossible to get, $3500-$4000, the newest version is going to be around the same price, and if i'm spending that much, I need something versatile, the gold bezel as beautiful as it is, just wouldn't work for casual clothes in my opinion.  I got this black one at the absolute cheapest you could find on  mesh, and it's super versatile as black.

Luxuracer
11 minutes ago, EBB said:

I got this black one at the absolute cheapest you could find on  mesh, and it's super versatile as black.

giphy.gif

GingerApple
6 hours ago, EBB said:

GingerbubbaYeah that's one way I could look like a real tosser lol

I'm not sure we'd notice the difference.....

6 hours ago, EBB said:

@Gingerbubba are the lugs sharp at the tips for yours as well?

A little. Here's me thinking it was a shit Rep feature when it's actually 1:1 AAA as per Gen!

Del

@EBB I honestly can’t believe that you are even considering changing the Breitling mesh with a Staib mesh! I did some research on mesh bracelet options some time ago and I’ve copied my thread below for info. In my opinion, nothing comes close to the Breitling mesh.

And as for not recommending the gen because you can get a decent rep and a Staib bracelet is a ridiculous thing to say. That would apply to hundreds of gen watches that have similar replicas - when people buy gen watches costing thousands of dollars it is generally because they actually want the gen, not because the rep is crap! :facepalm: 

splke

Del is correct as usual :D

You seemed to review it like it was a rep. Not for what it is a breitling 

Moondustesp

Breitling build quality is top notch. Can’t believe your not loving it.

EBB

It's great, but I'm just comparing build quality to the tudor, and for me the tudor is built like a rock, feels very solid. The breitling just feels a little underwhelming , the clasp is a disappointment. The finishing could have been better. I just expected a little bit more with them. It just makes me appreciate tudor more. 

Bash64

I have a gen Breitling SOH 44mm chrono and I love the mesh bracelet.  I'm with Del - no other mesh bracelet comes close.  I would somewhat agree with with the OP that the flip lock on the bracelet is not as good as on other brands.  A little more difficult to open and not quite as sophisticated as other designs.  That said, everything else about Breitling watch and bracelet is outstanding.

Pure B
16 hours ago, EBB said:

@J!mthank you!

@Oysterboyindeed! :)

@GingerbubbaYeah that's one way I could look like a real tosser lol

@Dan71cheers mate, same for me, I'm really into the heritage watches being released by brands nowadays

@Thommo82I keep staring at your gif lmao so weird, A lot of people love the blue in the Superocean heritage, it's a real tough color to get right and I think they did a fabulous job 

@Moondustespthank you:)

As for a feel of the watch, I fucked up again, I was planning to buy Tudor rep to compare to the gen, but came across this at a great deal, and shot the load for this. eventually down the road I have to buy a rep of the Superoceean heritage to compare gen

breitling mesh bracelet: unfortunately nothing to compare to, but I will say i'm disappointed by the clasp, feels cheap compared to the mesh which is thick and feels wonderful on the wrist, so I need to get staib mesh to compare it, because supposedly the staib clasp is superb.

Dial: looks clean and wonderful, lume is a bit of a disappointment, it's strong but they don't have anything at the 12 oclock

Bezel: feels solid, no rocking, nice and sturdy

overall finishing: lugs are a bit pointed at the edges,  a lot of reviewers pointed this out , however it still wraps nicely, @Gingerbubba are the lugs sharp at the tips for yours as well?

Would I recommend the Gen? no, as you can get a staib mesh for less than $200 which is nearly identical in quality to breitling mesh(according to countless reviewers, and my digging at the breitling forums), and from what I've heard that the original superocean noob was a super rep. The newest one from GF looks pretty damn good, the only complaint I cold make from comparing mine to theirs is the Lack of AR coating, however this could just be due to pictures/lighting. I'm not familiar with the Chinese rep applications of ar coating, if it's good/bad/ or ok. 

If I end up returning this, what would I do differently? I would get a staib mesh, or try to find a gen one cheap and just get the rep.  for $500 rep+ staib mesh, you get a quality piece. If you're feeling really solid, just replace it with a Gen ETA, after all, this version its just an ETA, granted breitling doesn't just put a stock eta, they replace parts and really build it up to breitling standard, and it's COSC , so it's a quality movement. 

My thoughts exactly! 

I went to fit the 42 SOH 2 months ago and the quality of the mesh and clasp dissapointed me. I used to have a Staib and it felt like a better product. I dont know what you paid but my local AD has a new one for €3150 since the SOH II was released

I went with a 11 year old Montbrillant Legende for the same price in the end and didnt regret it

EBB

@Pure BThat seems to be the general consensus on the mesh from what I've read, it's nearly identical, or people prefer staib because of higher quality clasp, or breitling mesh is slightly better. I got a pretty damn good deal $1900, that price on mesh is decent. Unfortunately no box/papers, but from seeing them at ADs, and comparing pictures, it looks legit, I'm going to a dealer to open it up and inspect the movement to make sure everything is ok.  Montbrillant is another sharp piece from brietling 

Pure B

They only repped the 42 since 1 month and not on mesh so I would say its gen.

For $1900 you got a great deal!

EBB

I have to admit, after wearing this for a bit, I've changed my opinion completely, the mesh is fantastic and just so comfortable, it really feels luxurious. I'm very happy with this purchase,  This is by far my favorite Piece in my collection. 34789606_1829957113693914_5889377740322242mm is the way to go,  I think 46 would have been too large even though i'm fairly tall, 42 seems more proportional 

Edited by EBB

Luxuracer

Beautiful watch .... especially on the mesh.

Wear it in good health!